weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

#1 is better for the theme, although it might benefit from a bit of defogging, #2 is a great street portrait, and what Chris said :)

Sorry to hear about the lens...

Hi Dave, getting round to a little bit of a catch up.

Transport - Nice shot with just enough blur on the wheels to show he was moving.
Minimalistic - really like this, the colours, the people and the writing in the sand all works very well together.
Progress - #1 says progress more obviously but #2 is a nice portrait. How annoying about the lens but glad you were both ok.

#1 for the theme but #2 is a very good capture I think, especially under the circumstances, shame about the stone-throwing tw@ts

#1 is better for the theme, although it might benefit from a bit of defogging, #2 is a great street portrait, and what Chris said :)

Sorry to hear about the lens...

Hi Dave, getting round to a little bit of a catch up.

Transport - Nice shot with just enough blur on the wheels to show he was moving.
Minimalistic - really like this, the colours, the people and the writing in the sand all works very well together.
Progress - #1 says progress more obviously but #2 is a nice portrait. How annoying about the lens but glad you were both ok.

Thank you for the comments folks, it was annoying about the lens. Last night I thought and said to the wife, OH crap I had a filter on the lens I binned, so early this morning I went out and went through our bins to grab the lens, and sure enough it did have a filter on it. So have sent the New one back for a full refund, taken off the broken filter that saved the lens glass and used it when we went out.

Hi Dave

Minimalistic - The two figures work nicely for the theme, and the writing in the sand adds extra interest to the shot (y)
What is the I360? Some kind of big wheel?

Progress - I love the red of Hayley's hair against the grey of the background, it stands out nicely.
The Nearly Finished shot is a bit too "samey" colour wise for me.
Sorry to hear about the lens!

Hi Dave

Minimalistic - The two figures work nicely for the theme, and the writing in the sand adds extra interest to the shot (y)
What is the I360? Some kind of big wheel?

Progress - I love the red of Hayley's hair against the grey of the background, it stands out nicely.
The Nearly Finished shot is a bit too "samey" colour wise for me.
Sorry to hear about the lens!

Thank you Tim, I think the Nearly Finished did not go as I planned. Here is a link to say about the I360

http://britishairwaysi360.com/

Building sites say progress and this sure is an interesting one. (y)

Real nice portrait, stands out well, but what violence! Like back in the punk days.

Last edited:
Building sites say progress and this sure is an interesting one. (y)

Real nice portrait, stands out well, but what violence! Like back in the punk days.

Thank you David, I have been thinking about having a rest from taking the singers photos for a while now, as you do get the fools who like to be idiots.

Hi Dave,

Minimalistic - a really super shot! It's very interesting from that high viewpoint, showing the textures and colours in the sand, and I like the placement within the frame of the small figures and writing. It works very well as an image and perfectly for this theme.
Progress - the first one is a good example of the progress you see on a major building site and fits the theme, while the second is a compelling portrait with that direct eye contact. It takes a certain confidence to engage with people and make that connection through your camera so I can see that would represent progress (y)

I was going to sympathise about the broken lens, but on further reading how fortunate that it was just the filter! Hopefully someone will catch the perpetrators next time they do something so stupid :police:

Hi Dave,

Minimalistic - a really super shot! It's very interesting from that high viewpoint, showing the textures and colours in the sand, and I like the placement within the frame of the small figures and writing. It works very well as an image and perfectly for this theme.
Progress - the first one is a good example of the progress you see on a major building site and fits the theme, while the second is a compelling portrait with that direct eye contact. It takes a certain confidence to engage with people and make that connection through your camera so I can see that would represent progress (y)

I was going to sympathise about the broken lens, but on further reading how fortunate that it was just the filter! Hopefully someone will catch the perpetrators next time they do something so stupid :police:

Thank you Andrea for the nice words, and about the lens so I was glad it had the filter on :)

Very nice macro photo, very sharp, but maybe a bit of a shoehorn? :)

I don't think it's too much of a shoehorning the bee is obviously getting pleasure from it, a nice sharp macro with some nice strong colour

Shoehorn or not, that's a striking image. Not just the sheer scale of the bee in the frame and the macro details of the bee's wing and 'fur', but also the bright yellow petals against the contrasting green background :clap:

Thank you Andrea for the lovely words :)

Great idea for the theme Dave, a lovely bright image too and cracking detail (y)

I know what you mean about lugging a camera about, though 1/2 of Saturday I was pushing a lawnmower around and would have loved for it to be a camera instead :D

Thank you Dean, it is so hot lugging it about and would pick that instead of a lawn mower in this heat :)

Both good Dave I would have probably cleaned the petals a little in the second one but its a small point, hard to choose between them

Back