weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Perfect, the Hamster will be after him. Hey Dave, were you dressed the same as to blend in with the others:jawdrop:

Missed Contrast and your re-shoot, beach huts perfect for contrasting colours and structure perfectly sharp.:clap:

Thank you Shirley, glad you like the naked selfie :) Plus thanks too for the comments.

Wow, some bright colours in those beach huts, well spotted for the theme.

Nice colours in the sea set off the structure reshoot very well, looks more like the Mediterranean than the Channel.

Hi Dave,

Fruit - The tighter crop of #1 for me, in the second shot the cropping of the bowl(?) feels odd.
I like how you've captured the juices well.
Vehicle - The boat for me, I feel the shutter speed too high for the chopper (but appreciate on a lens like that you're going to err on the side of caution).
Piece - Please pass the eye bleach (though I'm sure the ladies on here appreciated it) ;)
And so I'm going to fav the piece of orange peel.
Re-shoot : Structure - I'm going with the remains of the pier (?) Detail looks good, I like how you've aligned the horizon with the middle horizontal deck and the colours are rich.
How are you finding the XT-20?

Hi Dave,

Fruit - The tighter crop of #1 for me, in the second shot the cropping of the bowl(?) feels odd.
I like how you've captured the juices well.
Vehicle - The boat for me, I feel the shutter speed too high for the chopper (but appreciate on a lens like that you're going to err on the side of caution).
Piece - Please pass the eye bleach (though I'm sure the ladies on here appreciated it) ;)
And so I'm going to fav the piece of orange peel.
Re-shoot : Structure - I'm going with the remains of the pier (?) Detail looks good, I like how you've aligned the horizon with the middle horizontal deck and the colours are rich.
How are you finding the XT-20?

Thank you Tim for the nice words, on the X-T20 I am loving it. The weight is great and a lot lighter than any Canon I have used.

Two good choices there, Dave. The contrasting colours of the beach huts are perfect for that theme, and so warm and summery too, while the ruined pier is perfect for your Structure re-shoot, showing all the complex details of the old structure.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and looking.

Ooo'er Dave all those bare bums, that's a brave shot ...but a bit of fun:)
Love your beach huts for Contrast, there's something very appealing about a row of beach huts, in fact I have a similar picture up here in the room where my computer is.
Those are beautiful colours you've put into the sea for the Structure, another eye catching shot.

Not sure why you have gone for that angle about three of them straight on would have worked and why the roof tops are missing but a good choice of subject matter

Ooo'er Dave all those bare bums, that's a brave shot ...but a bit of fun:)
Love your beach huts for Contrast, there's something very appealing about a row of beach huts, in fact I have a similar picture up here in the room where my computer is.
Those are beautiful colours you've put into the sea for the Structure, another eye catching shot.

Thank you Susie for the nice words, if I am shooting Raw then I get all of the Fuji colours in the Lens Calibration.

Not sure why you have gone for that angle about three of them straight on would have worked and why the roof tops are missing but a good choice of subject matter

Thanks Allan, reason why I cropped the huts was, a grotty building and post were right behind it :)

I'd have cheated and painted a couple of those hut doors!

The old pier ... contrasty blues.

Hi Dave, at last I am catching up with commenting. Hope to keep a bit more up to date but things just keep getting in the way :(

Graceful - The egret for me on this one, I like that you caught him just about to land
Fruit - no 1 for me. I like the close up
Vehicle - All good for the theme, my favourite is the beached boat
Piece - Can't beat a good bum;) Very brave for getting the camera out
Contrast - Well spotted, good contrasting colours. Was going to suggest moving the shot up slightly but saw your reply to Alan. I guess we often have to compromise when other things get in the way

:D

Hi Dave, at last I am catching up with commenting. Hope to keep a bit more up to date but things just keep getting in the way :(

Graceful - The egret for me on this one, I like that you caught him just about to land
Fruit - no 1 for me. I like the close up
Vehicle - All good for the theme, my favourite is the beached boat
Piece - Can't beat a good bum;) Very brave for getting the camera out
Contrast - Well spotted, good contrasting colours. Was going to suggest moving the shot up slightly but saw your reply to Alan. I guess we often have to compromise when other things get in the way

:D

Thank you Georgina for the little catch up on comments, and the nice words :)

Well yesterday at the airshow was great, rained for about ten minutes so I used the 70D then, but these CLEAN air display shots were taken with the X-T20 & XC 50-230mm.

A very good clean air display indeed. Red Arrows as always put on a great display, and they pulled a very clean 4 Gs on the shot.

If you Google Clean Aerobatic Display, it shows I am on theme :)

Red Arrows Pulling 4 Gs by David Ore, on Flickr

Red Arrows by David Ore, on Flickr

Last edited:
A couple of great shots there Dave !!! (Link not working by the way)

I love the sweep and composition of the first shot, but the colours on the second make it my choice, works real well with the sky you had too (y)

Thank you Dean for the nice comment, got quite a few to edit from both cameras :)
I have asked @Cobra if he can fix the Link, as it just won`t work for me.

Hi David

Clean - #1 for me I think, for the composition
Curves - Blimey, that was quick. I have to agree on the hugging shot being the one, albeit that it's a little soft and that meshed background is a bit distracting. But the moment wins it.

Hi David

Clean - #1 for me I think, for the composition
Curves - Blimey, that was quick. I have to agree on the hugging shot being the one, albeit that it's a little soft and that meshed background is a bit distracting. But the moment wins it.

Thank you Tim for looking and the comments, loved the airshow this year and it was great using the X-T20 :)

Hi Dave, two super shots of the Red Arrows and I would plump for #1 as I really like the head-on viewpoint and the lovely curves of smoke behind them (in fact, those curves would have been great for the current week's theme if it was drawn a week earlier :) )

Three images all on topic for Curves, and although I like the humour and apparent spontaneity of the first one and the domes in the third, my favourite is the curving path. As Dean said, it draws me in and makes me wonder what is around the corner.

Hi Dave, two super shots of the Red Arrows and I would plump for #1 as I really like the head-on viewpoint and the lovely curves of smoke behind them (in fact, those curves would have been great for the current week's theme if it was drawn a week earlier :) )

Three images all on topic for Curves, and although I like the humour and apparent spontaneity of the first one and the domes in the third, my favourite is the curving path. As Dean said, it draws me in and makes me wonder what is around the corner.

Thank you Andrea for taking the time to look and comment :)

Sorry for being so behind on comments Dave - you are always so generous with yours, and quick off the mark. I love your cheeky (!) first shot for piece - only in Brighton eh? It's always good to see your take on the city - I really don't spend enough time there, despite living close.
I do agree with Allan's comment on the beach huts, but the colours are great, as are the blues in your pier re-shoot.
It's hard to pick a favourite for curves - the couple is a really nice and different take on the theme, but I do like that meandering path past the pavilion with the beautiful gardens.
I think my favourite shot of all (and definitely my son's!) is that first red arrows shot though. You've caught the symmetry of their display so perfectly - the composition is spot on and the texture of the smoke against the soft blue of the sky very beautiful. One for the wall I reckon :clap:

Hi Dave, I was sure I had commented on you clean photo but I guess I must have forgotten to click the post button; I have a shot similar to that as my background at work, good clean photo of a clean manoeuvre

Curves, the first is a nice idea for the theme, a bit more separation of the couple from the background would may be emphasise the curves. So I think #3 is the pick for me, loads of curves and curves on curves there, nice details throughout.

Sorry for being so behind on comments Dave - you are always so generous with yours, and quick off the mark. I love your cheeky (!) first shot for piece - only in Brighton eh? It's always good to see your take on the city - I really don't spend enough time there, despite living close.
I do agree with Allan's comment on the beach huts, but the colours are great, as are the blues in your pier re-shoot.
It's hard to pick a favourite for curves - the couple is a really nice and different take on the theme, but I do like that meandering path past the pavilion with the beautiful gardens.
I think my favourite shot of all (and definitely my son's!) is that first red arrows shot though. You've caught the symmetry of their display so perfectly - the composition is spot on and the texture of the smoke against the soft blue of the sky very beautiful. One for the wall I reckon :clap:

Hi Emma, thank you very much for the nice words, and thank you too to your son for saying the Red Arrows shot is his favourite :)

Hi Dave, I was sure I had commented on you clean photo but I guess I must have forgotten to click the post button; I have a shot similar to that as my background at work, good clean photo of a clean manoeuvre

Curves, the first is a nice idea for the theme, a bit more separation of the couple from the background would may be emphasise the curves. So I think #3 is the pick for me, loads of curves and curves on curves there, nice details throughout.

Thank you Chris for the nice words too :)

First of all sorry I seem to have missed your curve shots though I could swear blind I had commented :thinking:

So out of the three the path would be my pick

Busker is a nice idea for this weeks theme you have placed him nicely in the frame, I like the inclusion of the shadow

First of all sorry I seem to have missed your curve shots though I could swear blind I had commented :thinking:

So out of the three the path would be my pick

Busker is a nice idea for this weeks theme you have placed him nicely in the frame, I like the inclusion of the shadow

Thank you Allan for looking and the comments, I too think the path is the better one, on the busker I think if I`d cropped out the shadow, it might of ruined the shot :)

Your X-T2 Dave? Nice compo but it's not sharp. This needs a low f. number and -EV. You've got one hellofa camera there and it should produce better results.

Back