weekly De88ie 52's 2017 Week 18 Large

LOL very fortuitous Debbie :D

And here's to you Mrs Robinson :beer:

Good song choice and a good take on the theme.

I like the composition with the artwork running down off centre. Great use of the "order" ! Shame the 5 got cut off

Well thought out Debbie ... not only getting the text but the arrangement of the books to symbolise Order. Nice warm colours and sharp focus.

Thankyou for all the comments. With regard to the 5 being cut off, I didn't even notice it. :facepalm: I was so busy getting the "order of the phoenix" writing to stand out. I did crop the top but changed it back to original as i thought it made the book look too thin, shows how much i have to learn. I am grateful for all the comments and constructive criticism. Many thanks.

Week 0 - Heh, Nice work there Debbie. What is the foreground, MDF or something similar?
Week 1 - Was the image taken at a slight angle? I ask as the top book isn't horizontal. It's only slight, but that can make it look accidental. Potentially crop into the book a little more at the top, or skew the top RH corner up a little and then crop square. Spot on theme :)

ETA - Just seen your comment about the crop, so ignore me pls :)

Good start to your 52.

Week 1 - Nice colours and a good idea for the theme, I haven't read them yet but my kids are coming up to that age so maybe getting them soon.

Very colourful for order, but where are the first three volumes?

Thankyou for all your comments. Never thought to photo all the books as the order i was concentrating on was the book title "Order of the Phoenix".

Hi, Debbie, looking back at your 3 submissions and they all seem to have a WB problem, that is they are all quite orange.

Not too bad in the last as it's a warm scene. Cosy and nice warm drink.

Cheers.

That oozes coziness - lovely warm tones, a book and a hot drink. Definitely Comfort.

Very cozy / comforting Debbie

Yep. All screams comfort to me, and I'm not even a reader! [emoji1]

I'm torn on whether the cat is a distraction or alternatively, whether it would look a bit bare without it. Either way, I like the shot.

.. bit concerned the cat will drink the milk or something equally upsetting is about to happen.

It's all very hygge, so right on theme. I like the slightly OOF cat in the foreground.

Back