weekly De88ie 52's 2017 Week 18 Large

Smooth as a baby's bottom .... good thinking, nice idea, unusual compo.

Mineral ... nice setting, works OK.

I don't think the Linky is working but as the ring is so beautiful I searched for your thread. Stunning photo and wonderful for the theme.

... and nothing but ...

Cool idea, nice clean work surface too.

Well done Debbie. I knew there was a photo around the truth, the whole truth etc. but couldn't find a way to do it. Clever idea and nice reflections on the truth, but that's a whole new subject!

Nice idea and like the result, particularly the reflection.

Great take on Whole Debbie. The reflection adds depth too. Only crit would be to try and lose the highlights left and right as I find them a little distracting.

Nice and simple good reflections on the letters, agree with previous comments on the other unwanted reflections. (y)

Hi Debbie,
I think this is the first ring shot I've seen for the Mineral theme, I thought there would be a lot more.
Andy's comment on adding a slight vignette has merit, I'm also not 100% that the focus is actually on the diamond itself, however, it is a good shot for the theme, lit well coping with the reflections from the diamond itself. :)

Whole - Nice simple shot with great reflections, I think you score 8 for that :)

Yep, only took me 3 hours :) to upload them. Really struggled with some of the themes, so although i had taken quite a few of the pictures i hadn't posted them as i still had some weeks missing.

What a catch up Debbie! My faves are attractive - superb focus on the nearest duckling and sooo cute! Hold - love the framing and sharpness on this, and smoke - I really like the way you've captured the smoke so well between the candle and fire. it's good to see you back - looking forward to seeing more :)

Hi Debbie,

Structure - You've caught that really well, crisp against the blurred background. Did you consider spraying it lightly with a mistor (or whatever they are called) to give it the appearance of dew?

Routine - You've got me trying to guess the car. VAG group perhaps? Works for the theme.

Numbers - Very evocative and a different take on a memorial. 14 of the children were below the age they could be at work these days, the two 9 years olds from the same family - twins maybe. Very sad.

Attractive - Would have worked for vivid too, with that gorgeous blue water. (y)

Dark - Interesting what you pick up with night time shouts that you probably wouldn't during the day. You can see a kind of hub and spoke effect with the road coming out from what might be an inner ring road. I doubt you would pick that out as easily during the day.

Re-shoot Attractive - Just enough DoF. Works well.

Power - I would have liked to see a richer colour in the sky. Perhaps a different time of the day (but then you just know clouds will get in the way...)

Above - You've got a beach and castle local to you? Grrr ;)
Another well taken night shot. I like the range of tones you can get with these.

Evolve - I bet it was 'fun' getting those two lined up, how often did the original beer token do a runner?
Good idea for the theme, really shows off the difference between them.

Hold - Horned shoe territory here perhaps but well caught. I might have been tempted to go with a slower shutter, but then there may have been too much motion blur, and it's a one time shot, so going fast is the safest way.

Smoke - Interesting ghostly feel to that one, even the jar (which is sharp) feels ghostly. Have you applied edge enhancement maybe? If not, what processing was it?

Vivid - Nice combination of the blues and greens. Focus just where you want it and lots of nice OOF :)

Good catch-up there (y)

x12 ... record catch up (y)

The one that stands out for me is Power ... fantastic structure, nice detail & pov.

Cobwebs are always hard to resist and such a great idea for Structure.

Evolve is a brilliant idea ... love the oof BG.

a great set Debbie. :clap:

Back