weekly Delta Skies 2015 TP52 - Week 17 Heat

I love dogs so I love this picture, I have no critique to make.

Wonderful tones and textures in the fur. Nice eye contact and catchlight.

I don't really mind the clipped ear, but would prefer a slight crop to remove the paw.

Lovely sharp eyes.

Cheers.

Great photo of your dog, love the processing and think it fits the theme companion perfectly :)

Companions - a great shot love how his/her eyes pop splendid detail, I think converting the image to mono has given this image the edge.
Thanks Mandy. There was nothing wrong with the colour version but I felt the conversion brought something extra to the image.

I'm just gonna make a minor comment about the ear being clipped,
and quickly move on,

Lovely portrait, lovely looking dog too Peter :)
Thanks. Clipped ear comment taken on board. This is virtually the original framing so I have no more of the original to play with I'm afraid.

Hi Peter, Great portrait of the dog, perfect focus on the eyes they really do stand out and great tones in the B+W
Thanks Allan. I was certainly keen to get the eyes right

Excellent image Peter.
Thanks Phil
Phil

What a lovely looking dog..... He/she looks well versed in modelling[emoji2]
Thanks Ferg. I have taken her picture a few times in the past ;)

I love dogs so I love this picture, I have no critique to make.
Thanks Martin

That's a lovely shot Peter, you couldn't pick a more loyal companion to photograph (excluding Sarah of course :D) and at 2.8 you have nailed the focus on the eyes, nice pp, the B&W works really well (y)
Thanks Dean. Point noted re: Sarah :p

Wonderful tones and textures in the fur. Nice eye contact and catchlight.

I don't really mind the clipped ear, but would prefer a slight crop to remove the paw.

Lovely sharp eyes.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I know what you mean about the paw. I did square last week so I left it as it is :p

A lovely dog. The focus on the eyes are spot on.
Thanks Stan

OOOOHHHH he's gorgeous I want him. A beautiful portrait of your pet. No crib from me.

Can't fault that, it's a fine portrait. Lovely tones and textures, and the eyes practically glow.

As said the eyes have it . Super portrait and the bar has been set high on the dog pics this week.

Scenic - lovely tones and lighting. I do like the leading lines
Companions - think the mono conversion really works here, accentuates the eyes and nose

OOOOHHHH he's gorgeous I want him. A beautiful portrait of your pet. No crib from me.
Thanks Mandy

Can't fault that, it's a fine portrait. Lovely tones and textures, and the eyes practically glow.
Thanks Nick

As said the eyes have it . Super portrait and the bar has been set high on the dog pics this week.
Thanks Simon. My wife (*Sarah*) has been at it as well though with our other spaniel

Great animal portrait Peter (y) with spot on focusing.
Thanks Jill

Lovely pet portrait. Makes me want to have another chat with the wife about dogs!

The lighting and focus are all exceptional. For me, the crop is a bit too tight though. It's a really minor point though :)

Companions - Lovely shot that really works in mono. I have to agree with others though, I feel the crop is a touch too tight and I would like to see a bit more. Great shot though (y)

Lovely pet portrait. Makes me want to have another chat with the wife about dogs!

The lighting and focus are all exceptional. For me, the crop is a bit too tight though. It's a really minor point though :)
Thanks Ian. Sarah grew up with dogs but I was brought up in a house without a pet let alone a dog. I finally gave in to pressure and she got Archie and then within a year I got Lela. Wouldn't do without them now.

Companions - Lovely shot that really works in mono. I have to agree with others though, I feel the crop is a touch too tight and I would like to see a bit more. Great shot though (y)
Thanks Lee

Hi Peter

superb portrait of mans best friend....perfectly sharp on the eye, great POV & a good conversion :clap:

Week 5 - Elegant

Elegant Pudding by Delta Skies, on Flickr

This was lit using natural light from a window (left) with a subtle fill in reflector on the right. I could say that I spent time cooking but I have to admit that the Mascarpone & Lemon cheesecake is from Waitrose (Morrison's just couldn't compete on the elegant cakes front :(). I think I'm happy enough with the end result to not need to take it again.......where's the spoon :p mmmmmmm

. I think I'm happy enough with the end result to not need to take it again.......
I was expecting to see a follow up shot of a few crumbs TBH :D

I'm not totally sure about the clipped corners of the plate, but its certainly a nice clean image Peter (y)

BTW had that been me, there would also have been lashings of double cream over the top of it too :D

Hi, lovely clean and sharp image nice touch adding the raspberries, my only crit is of the cake that pastry looks a little soggy :)

My only crit is that I don't have any.
(and it wouldn't look elegant for long if I did :LOL: )

I'm going to be different if thats ok and say the plate clipping doesn't affect a great pic.
Excuse me I'm now off to buy cheese cake. :naughty:

lovely shot for elegant Peter, and I don't mind the clipped corners on the plate. I hope it tasted as good as it looks

A good idea for elegant! I don't mind the clipped plate. The added colour from the raspberries really add to it.
It's a shame you weren't able eat it - but thanks for sharing:clap: - it was delicious!!:):D

Hi, I don't mind the cropped plate, per se, but my eye was drawn to the lower right triangle. It looks every so slight under exposed, but that could be my screen.

Plenty of detail and textures.

Looks yummy... Is it still in the fridge :)

Cheers.

Great colours, obviously shot with a Nikon;)
Apart for the edible attributes, the cropped corners don't worry me but it just seemed a bit of level when you run your eye along the base of the cheesecake. Only nit picking! Make sure the dogs don't get it!
Nice Work Pete!

I was even more impressed you shared it!!

Beautiful picture of your companion, love springers, my in laws got a sprollie and shes nuts but so lovely at the same time, spot on theme and lovely and sharp, the crop I wasn't too fussed about and didn't notice until it was mentioned.

Elegant looks lovely. scrumptious in fact, elegant dish which wouldn't last long in front of me, nicely lit and composed, lovely photo nothing more to add.

I was expecting to see a follow up shot of a few crumbs TBH :D

I'm not totally sure about the clipped corners of the plate, but its certainly a nice clean image Peter (y)

BTW had that been me, there would also have been lashings of double cream over the top of it too :D
Thanks. I've used this plate before and equally had some clipping comments. Being square I guess it's more prone to it happening but I wanted more of a close up which meant cutting the corners. This plate hasn't been used to eat from - it's purely a photo prop - maybe I need another plate just round this time.

Hi, lovely clean and sharp image nice touch adding the raspberries, my only crit is of the cake that pastry looks a little soggy :)
Thanks Allan. Sarah said it didn't taste soggy at all although I can see what you mean

My only crit is that I don't have any.
(and it wouldn't look elegant for long if I did :LOL: )
Thanks Viv

Elegant - that looks very yummy, I feel hungry now. Nicely lit, nice and sharp my only niggle is the clipped corners.
Thanks Mandy. See above re: cropping.

Very nice Elegant photo Peter.

Have to agree with Ruth. Where is my piece.

I would have liked to have seen the whole plate.
Thanks Darren. See above re: cropping

I'm going to be different if thats ok and say the plate clipping doesn't affect a great pic.
Excuse me I'm now off to buy cheese cake. :naughty:
Thanks Simon.

lovely shot for elegant Peter, and I don't mind the clipped corners on the plate. I hope it tasted as good as it looks
Thanks Lorraine. Unfortunately as it had nuts on I couldn't eat it :( Sarah helped me out though.

A good idea for elegant! I don't mind the clipped plate. The added colour from the raspberries really add to it.
It's a shame you weren't able eat it - but thanks for sharing:clap: - it was delicious!!:):D
Thanks Sarah. I'm glad at least you were able to enjoy it :mad:

Hi, I don't mind the cropped plate, per se, but my eye was drawn to the lower right triangle. It looks every so slight under exposed, but that could be my screen.

Plenty of detail and textures.

Looks yummy... Is it still in the fridge :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. That triangle was darker on the original. Maybe I needed a little more. As for the fridge.......you'll have to ask Sarah that question.

Great colours, obviously shot with a Nikon;)
Apart for the edible attributes, the cropped corners don't worry me but it just seemed a bit of level when you run your eye along the base of the cheesecake. Only nit picking! Make sure the dogs don't get it!
Nice Work Pete!

I was even more impressed you shared it!!
Thanks Steve. I see what you mean about the level. As for the dogs - they were well and truly locked in the other room.

Beautiful picture of your companion, love springers, my in laws got a sprollie and shes nuts but so lovely at the same time, spot on theme and lovely and sharp, the crop I wasn't too fussed about and didn't notice until it was mentioned.

Elegant looks lovely. scrumptious in fact, elegant dish which wouldn't last long in front of me, nicely lit and composed, lovely photo nothing more to add.
Thanks for the comments Nathan

Sorry always got my Landscape head on! hard to remove it;)

Back