weekly DK's - Photo-52 of 2018 - Week 7 'GUARD' added

Sharp -- less an indication of your photography skills and more of your abysmal diy abilities! :);):)

Nice particles in the guard picture.

Age - I like that dean something a little different (even if it is a slight shorehorn :p) it's a very tidy site!

Sharp - Nice use of DoF really focuses your eye on the point of interest :exit:

Guarded - Lots of detail in there and a great take on the theme.

Love the idea and execution for guard

Guard - good shot and works for me. Was going to try something similar but couldn't work out how to get the sawdust from the cut and take the shot at the same time and by myself.
It may be a relatively short depth of focus but you've got the relevant parts of the saw spot on. Good job.
Thanks Lee - Glad you think DoF is okay :)

Sharp -- less an indication of your photography skills and more of your abysmal diy abilities! :);):)[/quotew]Hahaha yes the screw was a tad long for the wood :LOL:

Nice particles in the guard picture.
Thank you Martin :)

Age - I like that dean something a little different (even if it is a slight shorehorn :p) it's a very tidy site!
Ohhh yes my sites ARE very tidy, and only minor sweeping up via LR too :D

Sharp - Nice use of DoF really focuses your eye on the point of interest :exit:
Boom Boom :LOL: thanks

Guarded - Lots of detail in there and a great take on the theme.
Thank you on all comments Mark, appreciated :)

Love the idea and execution for guard
Thank you very much too Tily :)

Sharp and guard are both great shots DK....
Thanks Mark :)

DN, aged, on theme but as you said not very exciting, but you got the verticals vertical.

Sharp is well sharp, maybe a tad more depth of focus so that the top part of the wood is in focus as much as the bottom part is.

Guard is slightly off centre, needs a bit cropping from the left side.

Yo DK

I'm transfixed by your Age shot - not that I'm into suspended ceilings and not that I understand the Age connection - I just love the upright uprights and the top FG distortion. I must get one of those lenses.

Sharp, I like, nice dof, wood running diagonally corner to corner. But is it over exposed? or would it benefit from a pp tweak?

Guard, I think I see the two of them and think it might work better with just the blade guard ... but you need to protect your camera best you can.

(y)

Sharp and Guard both perfectly on theme - nicely staged or you had your ear bent for the last few weeks about 'not doing the DIY jobs around the house" :cool:

“Excellent” sharp & guard shots Sir, both bang on theme and very creative & well presented.(y)

George.

Guard
I was thinking along the same lines as you, but couldn't figure out a way to do it (i was going to use an angle grinder). You've captured a good bit of detail and I like the sawdust particals flying about.

Hi DK,

Age - Not sure what to make of this one. Not for me I'm afraid.
Sharp - This I like. I do like that you went to the effort of keeping the whole screw in focus, I think that definitely helps. That and getting enough space to create the separation.
Guard - I like this one too. I quite like the shallow DoF, but it's the sawdust caught in the air that really makes it (but I suspect you knew that ;))

Great catch up Dean!

My favourite is age, great wide angle shot, lots to see and the lines are about straight!
Sharp is great too, nice close up shot of the screw, great DoF, great light!
And impressive flying sawdust in your power tool shot :)

Sorry All - BUSY again doing quotes/accounts so catching up on spreadsheet and here, hope to comment on others later in the week... again :(

2 nice shots there Dean, the screw is nice and simple, great colour. I do like the head on take for guard you have used, it works well and I like the bits in the air that you have managed to capture too.
Cheers Michael :)

Three good shots and on theme Dean, good to see that you were`nt screwed over for Sharp :D
:banghead: :D

Like your guard shot too, good clear focus on the guard and like that you caught the spraw of wood coming up :)
Cheers mate :)

DN, aged, on theme but as you said not very exciting, but you got the verticals vertical.

Sharp is well sharp, maybe a tad more depth of focus so that the top part of the wood is in focus as much as the bottom part is.
Now that is just being fussy... but yes good 'point' :LOL:
Guard is slightly off centre, needs a bit cropping from the left side.
Well spotted, I hadn't noticed that :)

Hey d00d !!

I'm transfixed by your Age shot - not that I'm into suspended ceilings and not that I understand the Age connection - I just love the upright uprights and the top FG distortion. I must get one of those lenses.
Hahaaaa thanks mate, well the ceiling is now going up, so a 'New' ceiling, the ceiling is not very old, so a very young 'age' :D
Sharp, I like, nice dof, wood running diagonally corner to corner. But is it over exposed? or would it benefit from a pp tweak?
Hmmmm yes very true, it did look good on Lightroom, I didn't see it had gone so bright on flickr, that will teach me to rush :)

Guard, I think I see the two of them and think it might work better with just the blade guard ... but you need to protect your camera best you can.
Ooooo yes Camera protection DID come first... and of course Mrs DK's pinkies :D
:)

Sharp and Guard both perfectly on theme - nicely staged or you had your ear bent for the last few weeks about 'not doing the DIY jobs around the house" :cool:
Hahaaa yes thanks... luckily Mrs DK is very understanding, our family room has been 'part done' since 3rd January... it is next on my list to complete one weekend :whistle:

“Excellent” sharp & guard shots Sir, both bang on theme and very creative & well presented.(y)

George.
Thank you very much George :)[/QUOTE]

Age(ing) - its a nice sharp image, but just doesn't work for me sadly.
Thanks anyway Mandy :)
Sharp - nicely executed and the focus is exactly where it needs to be, good one.
Thank you :)
Guard(ed) - what a corker of a shot, I think you have nailed this beautifully.
Ooo Thank you very much :) :)

Sharp. It does look wickedly sharp in every sense of the word. Just waiting for a fool in bare feet.
That would probably be my luck ahahahaha... Thank you :)

Guard. This is great. Love the flecks of wood floating around in front of the saw.
Cheers Ross :)

I also am sensing a DIY slant to your shots...(y)
Annnnd thus you are correct there Sir :D

Hey Tim :)
Age - Not sure what to make of this one. Not for me I'm afraid.
Oooo another, I must try harder :D
Sharp - This I like. I do like that you went to the effort of keeping the whole screw in focus, I think that definitely helps. That and getting enough space to create the separation.
Cheers Tim, that was the main objective so glad you appreciated it :)
Guard - I like this one too. I quite like the shallow DoF, but it's the sawdust caught in the air that really makes it (but I suspect you knew that ;))
Thank you again mate, yes that was what I was after for sure and it did show best head on :)

Great catch up Dean!
Thank you Brnrd :)
My favourite is age, great wide angle shot, lots to see and the lines are about straight!
Thank you, It did take a bit of PP to try and get something near upright to the bottom half :)
Sharp is great too, nice close up shot of the screw, great DoF, great light!
And thank you again, it was nice light that's for sure, makes a nice change around here :)
And impressive flying sawdust in your power tool shot :)
Cheers :) :)

Thanks again All, I do honestly wish to try and do a load of comments later this week in the evenings :)

Haven't commented here for a while.

Age; a different subject for sure. I like the pattern the ceiling grids with the use of wide angle lens.

Sharp; that looks dangerous. Good focus on the screw and the oof background makes the screw even sharper.

Guard; Like that a lot. The head-on angle, shadow dof and flying wood chips are spot on for the theme.

Haven't commented here for a while.
sAME AS ME MATE :)

Age; a different subject for sure. I like the pattern the ceiling grids with the use of wide angle lens.
Thanks Stan :)

Sharp; that looks dangerous. Good focus on the screw and the oof background makes the screw even sharper.
That sure would make a good weapon :D

Guard; Like that a lot. The head-on angle, shadow dof and flying wood chips are spot on for the theme.
Thanks a lot Stan, appreciated :)

I knew you hadn't been around for a while but, due to my own mini catch-up, I hadn't realised how long. Hope you're winning your battle against work and time and look forward to seeing your latest images soon.

Sharp and Guard are two excellent images; as ever they are sharp and colourful and perfectly focussed, and they each convey the themes really well. Guard looks like a particularly challenging scenario and the flying sawdust is great :clap:

I knew you hadn't been around for a while but, due to my own mini catch-up, I hadn't realised how long. Hope you're winning your battle against work and time and look forward to seeing your latest images soon.

Sharp and Guard are two excellent images; as ever they are sharp and colourful and perfectly focussed, and they each convey the themes really well. Guard looks like a particularly challenging scenario and the flying sawdust is great :clap:
Thanks Andrea - No not winning the work battle yet, working all evenings and weekends just to keep up, but hey, it is bound to get better soon <prays> :help:

Thanks for the comments, appreciated as always :)

Last edited:
Back