weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

That's different and unusual, did you put in all those screws just for this theme.

Thanks Stan I didn't but my brother did. Luckily we have the tools to drill the point holes at work so he didn't have to mark the positions out and drill them be hand just put the screws in!

Hmm I thought it would have been tricky too spot must try harder

I think it's because the slotted screw isn't flat, it catches the light differently. Cool idea anyway.

Next time just shoot from significantly further away, that'll make it much harder.

Nicely done, the lighting works well on that. I've been looking for the join but I guess you really did put all those screws in, good effort

Simple idea - quite time consuming though! I like the lighting too. Hits the theme for me!

Thanks Richard well I didn't put the screws in I got my brother to do that (that should teach him to say he hasn't got anything to do!):D

Nicely done, the lighting works well on that. I've been looking for the join but I guess you really did put all those screws in, good effort

Thanks Chris Yes all 225 of them :eek:

HEADACHE ;)

Nice idea, I do like these.

I can't see what Dean is referring to but I have lost most of my vision :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy sorry about your vision and headache I thought about doing sweets but then that got done before I could do it (I never even got chance to buy the sweets!!) and then I thought about coloured pens/pencils but didn't have any and if I'd have brought them I wouldn't have been able to eat them like the sweets:rolleyes:

I wondered if anyone would have a go with screw heads!!
Very nicely done Mark.

I wondered if anyone would have a go with screw heads!!
Very nicely done Mark.

Thanks Ruth I was planning on using a nice piece of Oak but then I was shown the offcut of the gold/bronze laminated board and thought that would be better for the theme

You certainly Nailed that Mark (y)
Or should that be screwed that up?
( Sorry :coat: )
:D

Hi Mark ... I know you said machine does it but it still looks like a lot of work to me so well done to your brother, It is a bit easy to spot but there's still something about the shot that makes it very eye catching....I like it :)

Thanks Susie I really wanted to use a flat head screw but Paul couldn't find one (I bet one will turn up now!)

Cool artwork, cool idea. (n)

won't mention top right corner

Missed Abandoned ... #1 & #2 .. both nice perspective and nice sky.

Last edited:
Abandoned - nice selection of shots, like the building in #1. #2 probably says abandoned best for me, just a shame you missed the top of the building and cut a bit off the wheel of the car. #4 is my favorite shot, especially like the reflection and how the lamp post and cloud balance each other.

Camouflage - wow that's a lot of screws, took me a minute to spot it. The light on it is very nice.

Camouflage - nicely shot and I would say good spot, but perhaps I should say "well constructed" instead... I do like the lighting which works well and shows the screws off perfectly. Personally, I'd tweak it in post so that it's perfectly square in the frame (top right is slightly off) but that's a very minor quibble, almost for the sake of it.

Nicely done!

Abandoned nice collection I like 4 best I like the reflection and the deteriorating brick detail, I like the 1st one too.
Camouflaged good idea for the theme but I too found it straight away

Ok so a bit of a shoehorn here but a bit of fun, one of my favourite cartoons when i was younger was Danger Mouse last year I picked up this figurine

DANGER by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Love that danger shot, I always liked DM, could perhaps do with a bit of a tidier background

Haaaa how excellent is that... I just soooo loved Danger Mouse and Penfold, well Penfold was the real star for me :D

Liking the High placement of the car, that narrow DoF works well on the wood but also blurs out that possible very cluttered background, well done :)

As has been said, love the subject and DoF shown, but would make a massive difference with a less cluttered background. Perhaps even something brightly coloured to go with the cartoon theme?

Thanks everyone I agree about the BG I have a DM T Shirt somewhere so may dig that out and reshoot

Brilliantly on theme there Mark, love seeing DM and Penfold in action.
The brightness of the ensures that my eye doesn't go to the slightly cluttered background until I start closely examining the image, so no issue there. Love it :clap:

Great idea, I like the way you've shot it as if you were shooting a car instead of a model.

Far more important than any photo tips, are you aware that DM is back? There's a new series on CBBC at the moment, voiced by Alexander Armstrong and narrated by Dave Lamb of Come Dine With Me fame. I love it. OMG I need a job.

Danger-mouse, great idea Mark (y)

Thank you all for your comments I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I have seen a couple of the new Danger Mouse but its just not the same (god now I should old)

Back