weekly Granddad's 52's - 2017

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Really looking forward to putting in the time, but worried may not keep up, but ready to go for it!

Really looking forward to putting in the time, but worried may not keep up, but ready to go for it!
Welcome to the 52's John, good luck with your challenge... join in the discussion thread to help push you along, it's full of great people of all abilities (y)

Yes I finally got to post it this morning. Not the photo I wanted to post but plans fell apart at the weekend, but thought I'd post something anyway. Now I'm having trouble creating the linky. Which place do I start? my gallery or the "post your photo here" one. I'll have it sorted by Easter!!

Yes I finally got to post it this morning. Not the photo I wanted to post but plans fell apart at the weekend, but thought I'd post something anyway. Now I'm having trouble creating the linky. Which place do I start? my gallery or the "post your photo here" one. I'll have it sorted by Easter!!
Post your image in this thread first, then post it on the "post your image here"
click the post number bottom right ( #5 in this case) in your thread, that'll give you the url to create your link :)

OK, I'm doing that from the above image but can't find the "save" button. All I've got are the post reply, upload and more options. Sorry to be thick
John

Try this :)

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

That is a great photo, good light and very well composed with the path leading the viewers eyes into the nowhere. But that is very obviously a path, not a road :)

im liking your take on week 0 John (y)

Like it too John, how the eye follows the pathway round and disappears from view :)

That is a great photo, good light and very well composed with the path leading the viewers eyes into the nowhere. But that is very obviously a path, not a road :)

Hi John and welcome to the 52's I'm sure you'll really enjoy it, you'll soon get the hang of all the linky things so stick at it.
Really like your first photo, smashing composition with the sunlight/shadows.

Thank you all; it was a bit of a rush job yesterday morning, and yes it's not a road but it's not going anywhere. I'm sure I'll eventually get the LINKY thing but for now I'll start thinking "order" and try again next time.
Thanks again

Good song choice for the theme John. Yes, I'm with Tim regarding the shadow cast on the bench arm. Good luck with your TP52

The link works John but it is in the wrong thread, and pointing the wrong way :)

You need to put it with your photo on the 'Photos only thread' not in here and have it pointing here (y)

As for the photo, nice and vivid colours and in good order too !!

Here goes for Week 1 and I wonder if I'll get the LINKY this time
You have indeed and its now working the right way around too (y)

Nicely ordered set of reading matter :)

Nicely done John - like the composition with the stepped books and the plain white bg make the colours pop.

You have indeed and its now working the right way around too (y)

The trick will be to remember it next week :thinking: Thanks for sorting out the muddle.

Thanks all for the comments. I really wanted them to stand up but couldn't get them supported and they kept sagging. I think I know how they feel!

That arrangement works well John and the colours are great. My only tiny crit would be that the background (paper?) looks a bit wrinkled in the top RHS which is slightly distracting.
You're right Emma. I had to use a sheet and couldn't get it to lay flat above the pile. Tried a levels adjustment and blur on the background, but it wouldn't go! I'll have to get some proper paper I think if I'm going to go on with shots like this.

I would try getting card for your backgrounds it's that bit more substantial than paper.

Hi Susie, Can you point me in the right direction for background card etc. I'm new to this so make it simple!! It presumably needs to be flexible to curve round behind and up at the back. Do I need stands to support it? Does it come in various colours? Thanks, it's probably been discussed & explained before but I can't find a thread.

It's actually handy John to have a bit of a selection of colours, but definitely a black and a white for starters, not too thin or it won't last long, and preferably matt finish rather than very shiny. You could try The Range, or Hobbycraft, or any artists/stationary type shop. I tend to fold it in half and sellotape the back to something to hold it up. Black card is handy as you can stand a piece of glass on it and get a nice reflection.
Hope that helps a bit ....the 52 crowd are a really nice bunch and are very helpful, there's a discussion thread where you can ask anything if you get stuck.
Good luck....I'm sure you'll enjoy the challenge.

Nice composition and DoF, but on the white background the books seem to be falling towards to viewer.

week 1 a nice bright colourful image, i would of liked to have seen a bit more space at the top of the frame, the white background looks like it could do with being a bit whiter it seems a bit yellow to me. They do look like good and interesting books, that would be fun to read.

Hi John. Something amiss with the link from the main page ... .got here via devious means. I was looking for something to capture for the theme in the snow but failed miserably. That is excellent, nicely timed and well composed with those oof fruits leading up to the bird.

Thanks Carl, Have sorted the link now, I hope. Have imported a second choice here as I wasn't content with the lack of definition around the head of the female and the males wouldn't co-operate before the snow melted!

Last edited:
I got here via linky and I like this photo, apples and bird very nice. Clearly the bird need such comfort and plenty of it. Spot on theme.:clap:

Back