Hadrons TP52 for 2018- Week 9 Abundance

Edit My Images
No
Here goes then, with my computer prowess this is bound to go horribly wrong :LOL:.
In the summer this is "my (BBQ) area". Owing the state of the weather around here recently I haven't had a lot of motivation to get out with the camera and looking out the window this morning the sight of this seemed to echo my mood somewhat. Its not my best or most exciting effort but it seemed appropriate given the circumstances ;)
Your Area by James Watson, on Flickr

Looks a tad waterlogged would probably lose the bit of grass at the top but a good start

Ok. Thanks for the input, I was in two minds as to whether to keep the grass or not so I’ll give it a whirl without.
Thanks again :ty:

One thing you'll find is that if you have 3 52'ers commenting, you'll get 4 opinions :), personally I don't mind the grass, it seems to give it a bit of context but the is a blue-ish reflection on the glass top right (at least I assume that is what it is). Having the camera tight up to the glass tends to help reduce these kinds of effects. That said, interesting to see, I thought my garden was soggy, and a good subject for the theme, you have captured the water across the deck really well.

That’s made me smile ;) I was outside in the rain when I took it, the blue reflection is actually my daughters Wendy house reflecting in the water:) Thanks very much for the advice though, it genuinely is appreciated and is a tip worth knowing for future reference :ty:

I'm going to disagree with Allan & Dave. I quite like the grass at the top, it shows the camera was level.
I like the symmetry of the planking too.
It certainly has been wet recently. I hope the camera stayed dry :)

Yep I am with the others on the crop, but either a bit more grass to give context or none at all, I like the edit and feel that works very well, I love the low PoV and shine of the timber - The 'mood' is something the 52 throws at us a lot and this is the perfect answer as they are never going to be 100% exciting each week, a nice simple shot but still a pleasing image to the eye, like it (y)

Good reflection of the weather these days!! Good luck with your challenge!

Looks good without the grass and really a creative shot of something quite simple.
Like it!

Thats one very wet decking area. I can only see the amended version,but it works well the low PoV gives it more interest

Hi Hadron and welcome

That's the weirdest thing .... I like weird and I'm liking the edit.

Here's my offering for week 1 Gated. I've found this one a bit of a challenge due to the fact a long standing back injury prevents me from walking far and I'm waiting for clearance from my surgeon, hopefully in mid February, before I can drive again following an op the week before Christmas. As a result this is the best I've been able to come up with on my daily hobble around the village.

Gated by James Watson, on Flickr

Hi James,

Thats a good gate, nice trees and path leading to it. I might have step slightly to one side or the other to get a not so straight on view :D

Fair play getting out and shooting with a bad back.
I agree that it does look better on flickr, don't be afraid to increase teh size of your image from the minimum defaults that flickr gives you for the bbcode. 1024 pxls along the longest axis is often quoted as a good size to go with. I actually think there may be a better image hiding in this one, using a crop to allow the detail to stand out more (but that's just me).

I like that the gate is the focal point of the scene but is only a small part of it

I thinik I know what you were going for with this and well done for getting out and shooting it. I wonder if cropping off some of the top would draw the eye more to the gate.

Nice leading line but agree it could crop down a bit to focus more on the gate. hopoe you get the all clear soon and can get out and about for the rest of the 52. Well done for getting this far.

Nice submission for gate, path leads the eye to the gate which is nicely framed by the trees. Good composition and good light!

:agree: .... and some blue sky through the bare branches (y)

I'm late to this one so nothing to add really :) Good leading lines, lovely colours and details in the foreground and the trees, and I agree with @minx that it works well having the focal point as a smaller part of the overall scene (y)

Well done getting out for a hobble around, and I hope your back is better very soon.

Gate
I think if it was me, I'd lose a bit off the bottom. That said it's still a good start to the 52.

Fan of the gate shot. The path works as a nice lead in line to the gate and the sky has a nice gradient from very light to deeper blues and the odd hint odd cloud through the tree branches. I saw some others had suggested cropping but not sure if it would work it. The image at the moment splits nicely into three with the ground, wall and gate then sky and trees. I think if you lost some of the ground it would lose that balance. All in all a great start!

I saw the latest theme was "People" when popped on at lunch time and to be honest wasn't overly keen (I'm not really a people person :naughty: ). One thought led to another my first being lets get it out the way as quick as possible and the second, how to complete "People" without involving any actual err people :D
Oh well here goes - Hey people, we're all human beans
Hey people! by James Watson, on Flickr

I like that photo, good light and sharpness and a bit of fun (y)

agreed groan and smile good play on words for the theme and its well taken

Back