Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

I think that nail brush has seen better day.
It works having the plain white background and the hint of shadow and reflection.

You need a new nail brush :) Nicely on theme Chris, like the faint shadows and good focus.

Thanks guys, using the grubby looking nail brush for the "clean" theme amused me.

Not grubby, but 'having a patina'.
Don't you lot learn nuffink from the Antiques shows that proliferate on telly...
Nicely on theme yet alternative Chris :)
:D Patina - that was the word I was looking for, thanks Tim

Hi Chris, a wee catch up from me as I've missed a few:

Piece - with yet more motorbike racing going on over here at the moment, this one made me wince a bit as there are regularly accidents on the roads, usually spectators trying to emulate the racers. The little group of figures grabs the eye straightaway before the fallen motorcycle in the background completes the story. Very effective (y)

The glass must have been a challenge to control the light and reflections but you've done a fine job. It's a very striking image and perfect for the theme.

Clean - sometimes keeping it simple is the best approach if you're struggling for time or ideas, and these subjects and the bright background clearly illustrate the theme.

Hi Chris, a wee catch up from me as I've missed a few:

Piece - with yet more motorbike racing going on over here at the moment, this one made me wince a bit as there are regularly accidents on the roads, usually spectators trying to emulate the racers. The little group of figures grabs the eye straightaway before the fallen motorcycle in the background completes the story. Very effective (y)

The glass must have been a challenge to control the light and reflections but you've done a fine job. It's a very striking image and perfect for the theme.

Clean - sometimes keeping it simple is the best approach if you're struggling for time or ideas, and these subjects and the bright background clearly illustrate the theme.
Thanks for the catch up Andrea, appreciate it.

Works well, thanks for sparing us what we could have seen,
Sorry to hear about the broken foot you are going to get very bored soon

Curves, what a well thought out and taken shot Chris, not to bad for the biceps either and goes well in mono :plus1:
Thanks Dave, the colour version wasn't pretty :puke:

Works well, thanks for sparing us what we could have seen,
Sorry to hear about the broken foot you are going to get very bored soon
Thanks Allan, it's only been a couple of days and the temptation to get up and move around is already too much. I'm going to have to get creative with these 52's...

Soap works well for clean, nailbrush too.

And Curves is a beaut but don't take that personally. :D

Original idea for curve and works well. The lighting works well on the arm and hand but on my screen the top RH side of the background doesn't look quite white (could be the monitor).

Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it heals quickly.

Original idea for curve and works well. The lighting works well on the arm and hand but on my screen the top RH side of the background doesn't look quite white (could be the monitor).

Sorry to hear about your foot, hope it heals quickly.
Thanks Steve, well spotted, I only used one umbrella/flash on the LHS so it does fall off towards the right, it;s close to a corner so there wasn't really room on the RHS for another flash.

Good thinking for the theme, considering you're not going to be out and about for a bit.
Works nicely in B&W. (And thanks for saving us from the eye bleach ;) )
Thanks Tim

great focus on the bees face and a really nice muted BG the colour of the whole image is excellent, one little crit the left hand side of the flower

A good take and nicely on theme Chris, a nice clear and sharp shot of the bee, great BG too :)

great focus on the bees face and a really nice muted BG the colour of the whole image is excellent, one little crit the left hand side of the flower
Thanks both. Yes the LHS, I took plenty of other shots but I liked this because it has the clearest view of the proboscis.

Nice one Chris ... great colour & (y)contrasting BG.

Great idea and execution for curves - couldn't have been easy setting that up with your plaster! I was hoping it wasn't all going to be about female curves this week ;)
Great occupational shot too - love the bright colours and spot on focus - the cropped LHS doesn't bother me at all.

Great idea and execution for curves - couldn't have been easy setting that up with your plaster! I was hoping it wasn't all going to be about female curves this week ;)
Great occupational shot too - love the bright colours and spot on focus - the cropped LHS doesn't bother me at all.
Thanks Emma, the EM5 has a flip around screen so selfies are not too difficult with that. Glad you liked the flower and bee

Hahaaaa good idea Chris, a nice summery shot to keep the warm weather to mind is good, a real good angle and overall good composition, like it (y)

Great idea for the theme, sharp and good use of dof. Good to see you manage to get outside even with the plaster.
Thanks both.

Back