weekly Leebert's 2015 52 - Week 52 - Christmas.

You're welcome.
The flash I have is a Yongnuo YN-560 III. There is also a Neewer NW-985N which is similar. Both get good reviews. They are around £40 to £45 on eBay.

hi, nicely executed and lit, only crit is i would like to see a little more space round it seems a little cramped

Hi Lee

I really like the assorted colours in your first seasonal shot, not sure about the crop tho, think I'd rather see that sky in the corner, and you could change the colour.

Shimmer sure was a tricky theme, and that just passes as a shimmer.

Elements 1 & 2 ... both technically good.

Full is very nicely done and your methods intriguing. (y)

Hi Lee. Brilliantly done for Full - great image and so nicely captured :clap:. Thanks for the write up too - may give that a try sometime.

Wow! You've captured that drop absolutely perfectly. I have to say that I find the rather elaborate base of the glass slightly distracting from the main event and would have chosen a plainer one, but that's probably just a matter of personal taste. Otherwise a great shot :clap:

hi, nicely executed and lit, only crit is i would like to see a little more space round it seems a little cramped
Thanks for your comment. Now you mention it, it does look a touch tight.

Hi Lee ....well done with that one ...I do agree with Allan that a bit more space around the glass would be good, but well done in catching the droplet like that, an excellent choice for the theme.
Thank you Susie.

Hi Lee

I really like the assorted colours in your first seasonal shot, not sure about the crop tho, think I'd rather see that sky in the corner, and you could change the colour.

Shimmer sure was a tricky theme, and that just passes as a shimmer.

Elements 1 & 2 ... both technically good.

Full is very nicely done and your methods intriguing. (y)
Thank you for your comments.

Hi Lee. Brilliantly done for Full - great image and so nicely captured :clap:. Thanks for the write up too - may give that a try sometime.
Thanks Carl. It was your full shot that gave me inspiration so thank you (y)

Well done on the water drop shot and perfectly timed too.

I tried water drops once before but no luck with capturing any half decent drops.
Thanks. It does take a bit of perseverance that's for sure.

Wow! You've captured that drop absolutely perfectly. I have to say that I find the rather elaborate base of the glass slightly distracting from the main event and would have chosen a plainer one, but that's probably just a matter of personal taste. Otherwise a great shot :clap:
Thanks Elaine. It's actually the material of the cloth backdrop coming through as it had become a bit wet against the base of the glass.

Now on to Week 46 - Habit...

It's not a habit... I'm definitely not addicted. Nope - I could give up anytime if I wanted to...

TP 2015 52. Week 46 - Habit. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

It's a bit of a rough and ready grab shot before work kicks off and I forget I've even got a camera!

I suspect this maybe a bit of a Marmite shot... :coat:

Thanks for looking (y)

Wow! Didn't realise there were so many ... correction, any ....varieties of Marmite - thought it was one flavour serves all !?! It's been years but enjoyed a hot cuppa especially in winter. Great focus and colour.

Hi, you are definitely the first person i know who has a Marmite collection, can't stand the stuff myself

it's certainly opened my eyes

Hi Lee ....I love those Marmite jars ...we always have one in the cupboard but I've never seen any of those before. Excellent choice for the topic and I like the arrangement, but I think the background just doesn't give them the lift they deserve, I think they should jump off the page but somehow they don't :(

I never knew there were so many types either, and I like Marmite.
I quite like the way you have arranged the jars TBH (y)

It but it still makes it a Marmite image though :D ( sorry :coat: )

I lurve Marmite ... but disappointed to learn there is a whole new world of gimmicky trickery out there.

Marmite is spot on topic for the Habit theme as far as I'm concerned.

I had briefly thought about a pic of more Marmite on the outside of the jar than the on inside - Ms d00d's speciality - but decided otherwise.

Nice arrangement Lee. :)

Nice set. I never knew they existed either.

I like the arrangement, Shame about the carpet.

Some people will love it, haters will hate.

Sorry, I'll :coat:
:)
Lol! The first of many "Marmite" comments :D Thanks for dropping in.

Wow! Didn't realise there were so many ... correction, any ....varieties of Marmite - thought it was one flavour serves all !?! It's been years but enjoyed a hot cuppa especially in winter. Great focus and colour.
I've missed a couple too. Guinness and a limited edition for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Thanks :)

I always thought there's only one variety. Good idea but not sure about the different level of the jars though.
Thanks. It was always going to be a 'black and white' style of photo with no in-between.

Well it is certainly a hell of a collection, not so keen on the set-up, but well exposed and good colours, love marmite by the way, especially on burn't toast (y)
Thanks for dropping by DK.

Hi, you are definitely the first person i know who has a Marmite collection, can't stand the stuff myself

it's certainly opened my eyes
:D (y)

Hi Lee ....I love those Marmite jars ...we always have one in the cupboard but I've never seen any of those before. Excellent choice for the topic and I like the arrangement, but I think the background just doesn't give them the lift they deserve, I think they should jump off the page but somehow they don't :(
Thanks. Looking back, the carpet tile was a bit of a no no. A re-shoot is required but on a different BG me thinks...

I never knew there were so many types either, and I like Marmite.
I quite like the way you have arranged the jars TBH (y)

It but it still makes it a Marmite image though :D ( sorry :coat: )
It is the food of Kings (and certain snakes it seems). Thanks Mr Cobra :)

I lurve Marmite ... but disappointed to learn there is a whole new world of gimmicky trickery out there.

Marmite is spot on topic for the Habit theme as far as I'm concerned.

I had briefly thought about a pic of more Marmite on the outside of the jar than the on inside - Ms d00d's speciality - but decided otherwise.

Nice arrangement Lee. :)
Thank you for your comments. Sunday morning isn't complete if there isn't toast crumbs and Marmite everywhere :D

Bloody 'ate marmite :)

On theme....for you...and interesting composition.

Never thought here were so many variations.

Cheers.

Nice set. I never knew they existed either.

I like the arrangement, Shame about the carpet.
Sorry 'bout the carpet tile. I'll be fixing that in a later shot I think. Thanks for dropping by (y)

That was quick.

Not the most exciting landscapes I've ever seen but the first one does (just about) fit the theme.

You can have the rest of the week off now. ;)

Hi Lee

Covered #2 is pretty but I'd much prefer the focus point at the fore.

Hi Lee , I like them both and am very envious of anyone who gets snow because we very rarely have snow where I live in Cornwall. The first has that real wintery feel, but I think the second one is my favourite, it looks good on Flickr against the plain black, I think the opposite to d00d, I think it's really nicely focused

Last edited:
Wondered why nobody had posted a snow covering. Thankfully not had much in the way of the white stuff down this way. I, like @sirch, prefer #2 for it's simplicity in terms of composition and colour.

Definitely a Marmite shot ;) It might be a quick 'grab shot' but fits the theme

I prefer the second Covered shot. It's crisp and clean and the WB is spot on (y)

Very fortuitous :D

and "a covering" is "a covering" (y)
Thanks Mr Snakey. I wouldn't want to wear the TP shoehorn out now would I? ;) :p :D

The first one did it for me (y) I like the contrast between the reddish plant thingy and the white snow :clap:

The second shot for me is okay but it's just too wallpaper-y so there's nothing special :D
Thank you. The plant is a Sedum. Also known as an Ice plant so another tenuous link to snow there.

That was quick.

Not the most exciting landscapes I've ever seen but the first one does (just about) fit the theme.

You can have the rest of the week off now. ;)

They work for me Lee, but I actually really like the simplicity of the second image, the crisp white against the bright green grass, nice :)
The second shot is my preference too if I'm honest :)

Hi Lee

Covered #2 is pretty but I'd much prefer the focus point at the fore.
Having played with a few different crops, I think I see what you mean but I like several different ones for different reasons. Thanks.

Hi Lee , I like them both and am very envious of anyone who gets snow because we very rarely have snow where I live in Cornwall. The first has that real wintery feel, but I think the second one is my favourite, it looks good on Flickr against the plain black, I think the opposite to d00d, I think it's really nicely focused
Thank you Susie (y)

#1 for me Lee, it had more going on than #2 and I prefer the focus at the front.
Lucky bu**er getting snow on queue for the topic.
Thanks. As someone said to me once... The more photos I take, the luckier I get :D

Like the first but prefer the simplicity of the second one.
Thank you. I prefer it too. Less is more sometimes.

Wondered why nobody had posted a snow covering. Thankfully not had much in the way of the white stuff down this way. I, like @sirch, prefer #2 for it's simplicity in terms of composition and colour.

Very serendipitous?

I can't wait for more snow :)

Cheers.
I want more snow too. I have individual snowflake photo plans involving reversed lenses ;)

Definitely a Marmite shot ;) It might be a quick 'grab shot' but fits the theme

I prefer the second Covered shot. It's crisp and clean and the WB is spot on (y)
Thanks Madam Jill :)

Quite like both shots and on theme too.
Thank you.

hanks Mr Snakey. I wouldn't want to wear the TP shoehorn out now would I? ;) :p :D
I seem to be getting something of a reputation around these parts :D

Nice use of macro & OCF Lee (y)

Interesting circuit boards,TV? The multiple OCF did the trick

Back