weekly Leebert's 2015 52 - Week 52 - Christmas.

Hi Lee. The 1st connected (focusing on the conector) and disconnected are the strongest for me. That is an interesting connector, I would have expected a ribbon cable.
The last shot, whilst I can see the focal point, doesn't have the impact imo.

Hi Lee. Quite like all three and probably in the order of submission. #3 is probably a little too intricate, whilst #2 is just the reverse. Yes, #1 for me ... spot on.

Hi first one for me, bit closer in might have made it a little more interesting

Nice use of macro & OCF Lee (y)
Thanks Mr Snakey (y)

Interesting circuit boards,TV? The multiple OCF did the trick
Thank you. It's the insides of a dead HDD recorder.

Hi Lee. The 1st connected (focusing on the conector) and disconnected are the strongest for me. That is an interesting connector, I would have expected a ribbon cable.
The last shot, whilst I can see the focal point, doesn't have the impact imo.
Thank you. The connector in question is for all the power rails. Maybe a ribbon cable like the rest in the unit aren't quite man enough?

#1 for me. Nice detail and lighting. I might have got in closer to the silver cheese grater thingy :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I'll look into a closer re-composition.

Hi Lee. Quite like all three and probably in the order of submission. #3 is probably a little too intricate, whilst #2 is just the reverse. Yes, #1 for me ... spot on.
Thanks for taking the time to comment Carl

Loving the first shot, Lee. It's well lit and the macro at the grill of the thingy really stands out :clap:
Thank you :)

Hi first one for me, bit closer in might have made it a little more interesting
Andy mentioned that too. I'll have a look at re-doing it I think.

As an aside, how does the WB look? I keep thinking it has a touch of a blue cast to it but it could just be me.

Answers on a postcard please...

As an aside, how does the WB look? I keep thinking it has a touch of a blue cast to it but it could just be me. Answers on a postcard please...

Hmmmm .... if anything, a bit of a magenta cast in #3 Lee

Like Deans shot, Technically you have achieved your aim, but I find the subject matter dull. Nonetheless others will like them I'm sure.
A pull back shot would have earned a bit more Kudos. :)

Interesting stuff for Connected Lee. (y)

#2 says Connected, or certainly would if cables were connected.

#1 & #3 are of more interest to me. But I'd like to get in there much closer to get more detail.

Hmmmm .... if anything, a bit of a magenta cast in #3 Lee
Thanks Carl. I may invest in one of those monitor calibrator thingys.

Hi Lee #1 for me too, although I think #3 has some really interesting looking bits, so if you could get in closer I think that one would work too, maybe using a side angle rather than straight on. Certainly spot on for the theme.
Thanks Susie. No1 is my preferred one too. I think I'll have a look at alternative angles.

No 1 for me too Lee, although I like the simplicity, composition and square on look of the second shot, nice even lighting on all :)
Thanks for taking the time to comment Dean :)

Prefer the second shot of the three. Spot-on focus, sharp and good details.
Thank you Stan. Much appreciated.

Like Deans shot, Technically you have achieved your aim, but I find the subject matter dull. Nonetheless others will like them I'm sure.
A pull back shot would have earned a bit more Kudos. :)
Interesting - more compositions to try.

Interesting stuff for Connected Lee. (y)

#2 says Connected, or certainly would if cables were connected.

#1 & #3 are of more interest to me. But I'd like to get in there much closer to get more detail.
Thanks David. One to try again on a rainy weekend - like this one is forecast to be :rolleyes:

A great trio from you Lee for Connected. #1 is my fave, because of the composition and the colours :clap:
Thank you Mad Madam Mim :)

Ah, now this is something I thought about having a go at, but chickened out. Nice movement, nicely framed.

As the others have said, great sense of movement,
it fits well (y)

I think this works well filling the frame as it does, as said above has some good movement in it

Hi Lee. A lot more detail than in mine which ended up as an overly abstract image. Nicely taken with the swirl of water wonderfully captured - well done you :clap:.

Makes me feel dizzy.

Like this one. Fills the frame. Nice detail and movement in the water.

Cheers.

I agree good sense of movement

Ah, now this is something I thought about having a go at, but chickened out. Nice movement, nicely framed.

Nice, the b+w works well for it, a nice sense of movement too, if anything, a little tight on the crop on the lhs.

Hi, Lee... Amazing shot of the water :clap: I agree with @michael23 would love to see a tighter crop, though

As the others have said, great sense of movement,
it fits well (y)

I think this works well filling the frame as it does, as said above has some good movement in it

You did a good job there Lee. (y)

Hi Lee ....think it's all been said, super shot for the theme, really like the capture of the swirling water....well done :clap:

Hi Lee. A lot more detail than in mine which ended up as an overly abstract image. Nicely taken with the swirl of water wonderfully captured - well done you :clap:.

I don't think I can add anything to the other comments. Great shot !

Thank you all for the kind comments (y) I agree it's a touch tight on the LHS. It's the edge of the frame and I didn't notice it until I posted it. Funny what can be missed at the time that appears obvious later :rolleyes:

That's quite impressive Lee - I too would have thought the high ISO would have resulted in more noticeable noise. I'll have to put my Canon through it's paces to see what it can manage. Organised is spot on - that is some array of kit you have there and all looking sparkling clean. :clap:

That's quite impressive Lee - I too would have thought the high ISO would have resulted in more noticeable noise. I'll have to put my Canon through it's paces to see what it can manage. Organised is spot on - that is some array of kit you have there and all looking sparkling clean. :clap:
Thanks Carl. I'd be interesting to see the results. I do have a small admission to make - it's not all mine but you are right, it is all sparkling clean :)

Looking good Lee. Nice set of kit and well organised
Thank you (y)

Organised - A fair selection of kit there Lee, nicely organised. Nicely presented (are they going up in the classified section later? ;) )
Living - Nicely on subject and nice sharp focus on the fungus. It would be nice to see more variation in the colours, but you can only do your best with what's available.
:clap:

Nature is so wonderful - amazing how the fungus thrives off the rotting tree trunk, helping to split the bark apart to help the rotting process. Nicely done Lee especially with that perspective which compliments the directional lines formed by the fungi.:clap:

Hi, D750 has amazing high ISO performance. Organised is on theme, I'd have gone for a different composition rather than the 'product shot' arrangement. None the less.

Living, a superb connection there :clap: again, and I suspect it's just me, but I'd have gone in closer, maybe loosing some of the tree :thinking:

Cheers.

Back