Posiview's TP52 2016. Week 52 Celebrate added. FINISHED :)

I hope you are paying Isabelle well for all this modelling :D
That's certainly some view there Andy!

Nice horizontal Andy, there is something so interesting in wall, maybe its me but they have all the elements for a good photograph, texture, contrast and so many ways to compose and frame. Walking along with your fingers brushing the bricks, so tactile. Adding the vines/branches just adds to this image. I wonder about B&W too.

Vast - I really like this, the central position is strong and gives a sense of depth to the photo.

Wide angle lens, I believe ... seems to give some beautifully subtle FG distortion. (y)

Horizontal - great find for the theme
Vast - great landscape right on theme

I thought that must have been your shot for "Vast".
You can't immediately tell it's rough as you've done a good job of beautifying it ;)
Though with the tents for a steering cabin and a scrap car on the deck, on balance it isn't too much of a shoe in.

Nicely taken, I like the idea of posting it as a triptych.

Not sure TBH, I can see what you were going for but I wonder if the B7W treatment is doing it any favours. OTOH the framing reminds me of 3 x 120 contact prints so a nice nostalgic sense to it.

I thought that must have been your shot for "Vast".
You can't immediately tell it's rough as you've done a good job of beautifying it ;)
Though with the tents for a steering cabin and a scrap car on the deck, on balance it isn't too much of a shoe in.

Nicely taken, I like the idea of posting it as a triptych.

Cheers, yeah, not sure myself, really :thinking:

Not sure TBH, I can see what you were going for but I wonder if the B7W treatment is doing it any favours. OTOH the framing reminds me of 3 x 120 contact prints so a nice nostalgic sense to it.

Yup, as above, not sure myself.

Here's a colour version.

Week 17 Rough 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Thanks for posting the colour version. The tarp on the roof, the door needing some varnish, the car, as I said I can see why, shame it's not a bit more rusty...

Rough - the colour version fits the theme better as you can see the shabbiness more clearly

Thanks for posting the colour version. The tarp on the roof, the door needing some varnish, the car, as I said I can see why, shame it's not a bit more rusty...

Rough - the colour version fits the theme better as you can see the shabbiness more clearly

A very nice Triptych. I do like the colour version also.

Not one of my favorites of yours Andy :( it reflects your comment 'I'm a bit meh at the moment.'

I think the triptych detracts from it's roughness ....maybe three close ups shots would work better.

Not sure ... but :agree: with minx

Thanks all, one for the 'nearly there' folder.

Getting closer @susiejb didn't consider that...cheers :)

You may feel a little "meh" but still getting some good shots in I see. I like the triptych - suits the elongated nature of the subject. That vessel is packed with a lot of visual interest - nicely spotted.

I like the triptych idea too, that works really well I see why you took it though its not obvious but thats not a bad thing

excellent Andy, composition spot on and the moody clouds are really fitting and perfectly in place, the memorial is perhaps the most moving piece and unexpected piece it does literally stop you in your tracks,

you have done it justice

That looks a truly evocative sculpture, particularly in it's location. Well taken Andy - those clouds in the bg adds extra emotional emphasis to the setting.

I agree with Allan and the the other comments regarding the sky, they really set off the 'shot at dawn' statue effectively. This is a memorial that just wouldn't sit right against a warm sunny blue sky, it needs a dark moody setting.
(y)

Covered - I agree the clouds enhance the overall feel of the picture. A particularly moving picture

excellent Andy, composition spot on and the moody clouds are really fitting and perfectly in place, the memorial is perhaps the most moving piece and unexpected piece it does literally stop you in your tracks,

you have done it justice

That looks a truly evocative sculpture, particularly in it's location. Well taken Andy - those clouds in the bg adds extra emotional emphasis to the setting.

Love your photo, especially the clouds in the backround; well done for the theme

Very moving and a great angle and that is a moody sky as a background.

I agree with Allan and the the other comments regarding the sky, they really set off the 'shot at dawn' statue effectively. This is a memorial that just wouldn't sit right against a warm sunny blue sky, it needs a dark moody setting.
(y)

Great capture of this very moving memorial.Good one for B&W.

Covered - I agree the clouds enhance the overall feel of the picture. A particularly moving picture

its like the clouds are reaching out for the figure...scary

A cracking take, nice and moody, the blind fold says it all really.

Thanks, all.

I'll be going back there once the central memorial is open again, so keep an eye out of the meet thread.

Cheers.

The NMA sound like a very moving place to visit. I can't believe I have never heard of it, coming from Staffordshire, but will certainly pay it a visit when visiting family in Stoke. Your photograph deals with the subject matter powerfully and with great respect IMO. The framing in the lighter part of the cloud is perfect.

Great PoV and positioning of the figure in the frame.

I seem to have missed commenting the last few submissions.

Vast; very on theme like the contrasting green of the land and Isabelle's red dress.

Rough; can't really make out the theme but sure in real life could be different, but like your triptych treatment.

Covered; I think I've seen something similar from you before. Like the composition and pov the B&W suits perfectly. :clap:

As already said, a very powerful image, nicely captured and processed Andy :)

Hey Andy :)

Rough - Hmmmmm not sure which one of these to be honest, I like the B&W but it doesn't stand out enough for me, but the colour version actually make it look quite tidy, well paint/body wise... must say the car on there is one good effort for sure, liking the Triptych treatment :)

Covered - Cracker this, wish I had made it Saturday, the weekend was a total wipe-out for me... but hey, looks like you had super weather photography wise, a great choice of statue, and the composition and PoV with that belting sky really adds punch, love it :clap:

Back