Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Week 1. Order.

Desaturated slightly as I'd just got back from the gym as was a tad flushed :)

Specular highlights on the side of my nose and a little under exposed.

Apart from that, I'm quite happy :)

Cheers all.

Week 1 Order by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr
A triptych selfie...I've been trumped! Haha
Good effort, sir. Bang on exposure and lovely and sharp across all three images. Great expressions too.

Brilliant Andy. Excellently composed and lit, great interpretation for the theme. :clap:

Good idea, nicely done but sorry to say I'm not sold on the processing.

Hahaaaa that is excellent mate, wonderful expressions, and the joy on your face from a proper coffee :LOL: - splendid triptych (y)

A triptych selfie...I've been trumped! Haha
Good effort, sir. Bang on exposure and lovely and sharp across all three images. Great expressions too.

Brilliant Andy. Excellently composed and lit, great interpretation for the theme. :clap:

Good idea, nicely done but sorry to say I'm not sold on the processing.

Cheers, all.

No worries @sirch I'm not overly happy TBH. If I have time, I might post the pre processed (but with basic LR tweaks) photograph (y)

Cheers.

Works for me, I like it, processing works too.
Obviously, if it had been a costa, then the right hand face would have matched the left .....

Works for me, I like it, processing works too.
Obviously, if it had been a costa, then the right hand face would have matched the left .....

I've just moved from Costa to Starbucks, mainly because Costa Express coffee is warm and Starbucks On The Go is hot :)

I did a Costa project 6 years ago and it nearly finished me off. Costa post for 100 days straight :eek:

I stopped because it started to become graphic rather than photographic.

LINKY

Cheers.

Last edited:
Love it, this one made me smile.

Cheers

Kath

OMG not one selfie but three.

No I like that and I like the underexposed and processing in general. (y)

Chuckle, well played Andy.

Very clever and excellent idea, Andy. Perfectly lit and can't even see the triptych joints

week 1 order I was just about to point our your couple of flaws, but you did it for me ;). I love the face your pulling in the first image, well thought out and nicely executed.

Love it, this one made me smile.

Cheers

Kath

Love the ugly mug shot Andy well cool :)

Nice bit of story telling, bang on theme and well executed

A week one selfie Andy ...the first of many :) I like the processing, it has a photo booth effect, good choice of the black separation, it works really well.....great expressions too.

OMG not one selfie but three.

No I like that and I like the underexposed and processing in general. (y)

Thanks all, no more selfies from me, I promise :naughty:

This might seem like a shoehorn, however, today my alarm went off at 04:30 as planned. Solo trip organised to Mam Tor. Message from a friend @blondie606 saying very windy and very cold.

Fallback location already decided upon and I set off for a sunrise at the Old Gang Smelt Mill in the Yorkshire Dales

Weather didn't look that good.

Now, I drive a little VW Lupo. You can see where this is going....

1. Got stuck on a hill in snow. 30 minutes to get myself out.
2. Got lost (always carry a map...I didn't)
3. Got stuck on another hill, farmers had to dig me out
4. Got stuck on yet another hill, farmers had to dig me out
5. Dead end, 30 minutes to U turn
6. Got stuck in a snow drift, had to dig myself out
7. Saw a sign telling me I was in Cumbria :)
8. Saw another sign telling me I was now in County Durham :)
9. Pulled into a service station for a coffee.
10. Decided to go to Fountains Abbey....it was closed!
11 Decided to go to Pateley Bridge...road was closed.

Did not take one photograph :banghead:

Anyway, came home and decided some stacking was in order.

57 photographs @f16. Nikon 105mm. X2 OCF.

Trust me, this gave me great comfort.

Yes, it is Friday the 13th :LOL:

Cheers all.

Week 02 Comfort by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Sounds like a pretty stressful day.
I'll take your word for it that a 57 stack is comforting for you.
As for the image, the lighting is lovely and is nice and sharp.

Can't see any artefacts in the image Andy, but then I wouldn't expect to as you're a whiz at these. Nicely done.

At least a Lupo is small enough to be easily dug out of snow drift. Brave man for going out in the fresh snow

If there's a prize for most effort for least return you're the winner. Never tried stacking but looks like a good fall back when all else fails. (y)

Phew - some road trip ..... but a tad shoehorn. Nevertheless, it is a fabulous shot Andy - beautiful tones and soft shading. :clap:

Last edited:
All the best people end up in Cumbria ;), sounds like an adventure! I like the stack Andy, it's come out very well and I can see how doing that would be therapeutic after a day like you had.

i did wonder about the leaf... i still havent tried stacking so i'll take ur word for it, how comforting it is... oh wait... the fact you got a decent photo...:banghead:

its a fine example of stacking, sound like a bad day I admire your determination, i'm not sure the stacking would give me comfort

Sounds like a pretty stressful day.
I'll take your word for it that a 57 stack is comforting for you.
As for the image, the lighting is lovely and is nice and sharp.

Can't see any artefacts in the image Andy, but then I wouldn't expect to as you're a whiz at these. Nicely done.

At least a Lupo is small enough to be easily dug out of snow drift. Brave man for going out in the fresh snow

If there's a prize for most effort for least return you're the winner. Never tried stacking but looks like a good fall back when all else fails. (y)

Phew - some road trip ..... but a tad shoehorn. Nevertheless, it is a fabulous shot Andy - beautiful tones and soft shading. :clap:

Great shot Andy and well done on having Comfort when you got back (y)

All the best people end up in Cumbria ;), sounds like an adventure! I like the stack Andy, it's come out very well and I can see how doing that would be therapeutic after a day like you had.

Sounds as if you had a right rough day Andy ....well done for coming home and getting stuck in, lovely detail, your 57 stack worked well.

i did wonder about the leaf... i still havent tried stacking so i'll take ur word for it, how comforting it is... oh wait... the fact you got a decent photo...:banghead:

its a fine example of stacking, sound like a bad day I admire your determination, i'm not sure the stacking would give me comfort

Thanks all, it was an interesting adventure.

Still time for a selfie reshoot :wideyed:

Cheers.

Haha - I like the triptych Andy - I think the processing works and that first expression is priceless. As for no more selfies....:LOL:
The road trip sounds like a complete nightmare. Can't believe you had the energy or patience for a 57 stack after that, but it looks great. I love the hint of gentle shadow.

Order - great idea, and your facial expressions are gold!
Comfort - a bit of a shoehorn, but nicely composed and well lit.

Not sure whether I like the story or the image more :) but to come away from all that and still get a shot (and some comfort) deserves my appreciation (y)

Back