Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Hairy - I like all three images, but i will jump on the bandwagon by saying that number 1 is the best. Facial expression is good, well done on 3 good images for the theme.

The 3rd one here Andy.
Far more attitude, though perhaps a bit Argus Filch (ETA. Damn, just read the comments and Jill beat me to it)
You are far too good at these selfies, you need to push the envelope Andy ;)

Anyway, well captured, plenty of grit and interestingly a pair of catch lights in each eye. PP has worked really well.

Thanks, a you are so true Tim.

Cheers.

Good photo, well composed with the wire disappearing into the top right corner. I like the muted feel of it.

A PABD week eh Andy? I know I have plenty of those.
Regardless, you've used diagonals to give the image some interest and the focal point is nicely sharp, so a technically good image (but then you know that, and it's exactly what we expect from you :))

Yes, nice one Andy. I particularly like the slight sheen in the copper coloured connector and the plastic sheathing of the ear bud.

I will look, wonder what it is and comment then move on :) I like it as how the wire from the ear plug goes from oof to the main focus on the plug it self :)

I really like this, nicely detailed and sharp, my kind of photography :)

Good photo, well composed with the wire disappearing into the top right corner. I like the muted feel of it.

A PABD week eh Andy? I know I have plenty of those.
Regardless, you've used diagonals to give the image some interest and the focal point is nicely sharp, so a technically good image (but then you know that, and it's exactly what we expect from you :))

Yes, nice one Andy. I particularly like the slight sheen in the copper coloured connector and the plastic sheathing of the ear bud.

Smooth - not a bad shot for a PABD, I also like the muted colours and the lead disappearing out of the frame at the top right corner.

Thanks, all and I'm off to start commenting on Mineral submissions so i don't fall behind again :)

I wanted to get in early this week.

I'm feeling a bit like a 1, well 2, trick pony so far with selfies and stacking.

Must try harder :)

Thought I'd got it all in focus but I missed the very front edge :banghead: and I have housework to be getting on with :whistle: and maybe a little under exposed.

Oh and never thought I'd every glue salt to a needle :)

Cheers.

Week 5 Mineral by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Smooth - I like the out of focus lead going out to the corner and the colours/lighting on the copper coloured part.

Mineral - looks like a miniature iceberg :) Is it a salt crystal? Whatever it is it's amazing...doesn't look underexposed to me and personally I like a bit oof in a shot but even with that the detail is great. You have set the bar high for this weeks submissions.

That really is a beaut Andy - colour and detail are fabulous. Great macro - love it. :clap: (Now get on with the housework .. just look at the state of that scullery - when's the last time you cleaned that for goodness sake).

Last edited:
That is cool. Looks in focus to me, how big is the Salt crystal?

Cheers
Kath

Cracking shot Andy, and to me the exposure is great.

Smooth - I like the out of focus lead going out to the corner and the colours/lighting on the copper coloured part.

Mineral - looks like a miniature iceberg :) Is it a salt crystal? Whatever it is it's amazing...doesn't look underexposed to me and personally I like a bit oof in a shot but even with that the detail is great. You have set the bar high for this weeks submissions.

Love how you have taken Mineral, what a cracker imo. Very well lit sharp and a great BG, plus agree with Steve, it does look like a miniature iceberg :plus1::plus1:

That really is a beaut Andy - colour and detail are fabulous. Great macro - love it. :clap: (Now get on with the housework .. just look at the state of that scullery - when's the last time you cleaned that for goodness sake).

Nice close in detain and subtle colours Andy, I like the angle and low lighting too and how the cable fades away into the top corner (y)

That is cool. Looks in focus to me, how big is the Salt crystal?

Cheers
Kath

Nice one Andy, I like the idea of using the pin head .... I did salt crystals my first 52 ....fascinating close up aren't they.

Cracking shot Andy, and to me the exposure is great.

Mineral - thats a cracking image, if thats a grain of salt on top of a needle. spot on for the theme, focus, detail, clean bg, composition all work well for this image.

Smooth - love the way the lead fades out - nice use of dof.
The salt crystal is a cracking shot. So much detail, and on the pin too. I do feel the pin is leaning slightly to the left - an optical illusion?

Nice detail maybe very slightly underexposed

Thanks all, size, it was about 2mms

My self crit is very high after doing the 52s for so long. Not a bad thin, though.

Cheers all.

2mms blimey ... A pleasing atmospheric image, underexposed? I wouldn't have said so.

Very well done, at first I was thinking ice cube (not a mineral) on a nail! Nice focus stacking, well lit, but the glue shows...

Just having breakfast so no earwax on smooth is a win win. :D

I'd need new glasses just to attempt to glue something that small to a pin head. Nice detail on something so small. (y)

2mms blimey ... A pleasing atmospheric image, underexposed? I wouldn't have said so.

Thats clever, never tried macro or focus stacking so not really sure whats involved but for something so small you got a lot of detail.:clap::clap:

Nice images, mineral works well, nicely done:)

Nicely done Andy, it all looks sharp enough to me.

Very well done, at first I was thinking ice cube (not a mineral) on a nail! Nice focus stacking, well lit, but the glue shows...

Just having breakfast so no earwax on smooth is a win win. :D

I'd need new glasses just to attempt to glue something that small to a pin head. Nice detail on something so small. (y)

Thanks all, yeah @brrnd well spotted with the glue.

Cheers.

I absolutely love this, the detail is amazing! Brilliant contrast against the black too [emoji4]

Very cool. Looks like a chunk of ice. Great details :D

Brilliant work with the salt Andy, exposure is fine for me given the closeness, I feel it adds to the scale of things, too bright and I think the image would have felt much more open if that makes sense :)

Thanks all. Makes sense Dean @Dark Knight over the years I've become very, very critical of my work, not a bad thing, though.

Cheers.

Brilliant shot, if you have become a one trick pony it is a bloody great trick! Love it.

Back