Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Excellent portraits Andy - I like #1 best with the eyes on full display and relaxed .. maybe a tad red around the ear and a bit on the lips both minor. Work well compositionally too.

I like #2, that's the one on the main thread. Most creative compo with sideways glance.

Well done Isabelle and I know from experience with dance lessons, football and rugby these things get to be very routine. Second one for me, nicely done.

Excellent Andy you must be very proud of her, out of the three I like the second one

Excellent portraits Andy - I like #1 best with the eyes on full display and relaxed .. maybe a tad red around the ear and a bit on the lips both minor. Work well compositionally too.

I like #2, that's the one on the main thread. Most creative compo with sideways glance.

Well done Isabelle and I know from experience with dance lessons, football and rugby these things get to be very routine. Second one for me, nicely done.

Three great images for Routine Andy no shoehorns there I love No 2 and No 3

Well done @Isabelle

Thanks all, she really was proud.

@Carl Ayling cheers, yeah, is a tad red.

Cheers.

Beautiful portraits, well done. Tack sharp eyes and nice lighting. Congrats to your girl on joining the RAF cadets too :)

The 3rd shot of Isabelle is one of those portraits where the eyes follow you around the room, she's going to love you for that.
The middle shot (the one you put on the main thread) is my favourite, I think precisely because of the lack of eye contact.
(y)

I did the full stretch in the cadets and had to retire at 21 years old. These images brought back some lovely memories, especially of a 'new' beret and the trials of trying to get it to sit properly on my head. The second one is my favourite. nice work both of you.

I like the second one although they are all good, I prefer the lighter skin tones and the unusual angle of her head.

(y)

Really liking your second shot for Routine, Andy. The lighting, even skin tone and the look away from the camera drawing attention to the uniform / badge more all works. Vignette isn't too sharp either.

Nice one.

Ian

Beautiful portraits, well done. Tack sharp eyes and nice lighting. Congrats to your girl on joining the RAF cadets too :)

Thanks, she really enjoyed her first outing with her uniform on :)

The 3rd shot of Isabelle is one of those portraits where the eyes follow you around the room, she's going to love you for that.
The middle shot (the one you put on the main thread) is my favourite, I think precisely because of the lack of eye contact.
(y)

LOL, see what you mean. Yeah, it's #2 for me :)

I did the full stretch in the cadets and had to retire at 21 years old. These images brought back some lovely memories, especially of a 'new' beret and the trials of trying to get it to sit properly on my head. The second one is my favourite. nice work both of you.

Thats, hope Isabelle lasts until she goes to Uni :)

I like the second one although they are all good, I prefer the lighter skin tones and the unusual angle of her head.

(y)

Cheers, yeah, I'm drawn to #2.

They're all super photos of Isabelle, as usual she looks amazing with those gorgeous eyes of hers ... I like all three poses ...they each show her in a different light ... serious, demure, and fun ... definitely photos to keep and be proud of.

Cheers, yeah, she does have lovely eyes :)

All lovely shots, but the second is really special I think - even though her head is down and she's looking away it seems the most full of pride and excitement to me. A very special memory :)

Thanks, special indeed :)

Really liking your second shot for Routine, Andy. The lighting, even skin tone and the look away from the camera drawing attention to the uniform / badge more all works. Vignette isn't too sharp either.

Nice one.

Ian

Cheers, #2 is a winner here.

Thanks all.

first one I don't think it needs the blur, looks very effective indeed, just the right amount of light on the figure too

#1 is more erm ... magical, dare I say more unlikely, a cracking image. :D

I agree, #1 is spot on for the theme and very well captured, I might have gone for a little more light on Jackie but that might have cost you more :)

Liking them Andy... well, I'm liking the first one, not sure if it is composite but for me it works better, a tough one to capture I guess, good to still be able to pick out Jackie's figure in the background, like it (y)

first one I don't think it needs the blur, looks very effective indeed, just the right amount of light on the figure too

Got to be the 1st one for me too, great focus which is bang on, great lighting and just enough focus on Jackie (y)(y)

So how much did that cost you in the end? :)

I think the first is much better. Nice lighting and nicely photoshopped too. ;)

#1 is more erm ... magical, dare I say more unlikely, a cracking image. :D

I agree, #1 is spot on for the theme and very well captured, I might have gone for a little more light on Jackie but that might have cost you more :)

First one for me, just brilliant, not much more to say :)

Thanks all, yeah, it's a composite. Wouldn't work in one shoot.

Cheers all.

#1 for me tooas #2 makes my eyes go even funnier than they are already :eek:

Only slight OCD crit, the club cards are either too small for their placement or they need more depth.

I like #1 nicely lit and shot :)
#2 I`m finding the blurred cards a little too distracting for the main subject.

I like #1 nicely lit and shot :)
#2 I`m finding the blurred cards a little too distracting for the main subject.

Totally agree about the blur, plus it's in the wrong direction :)

Cheers.

Now Jill's mentioned it I do keep noticing the size of the cards, but it's still a great eye catching photo, the amount of light on Jackie in the background and then on the hand is spot on.

Yeah, the size of the cards. The 4 clubs is the main error as at that size it'd be behind Jackie :)

Where is the number '9' to fit with 'week 9', you missed a trick there, other than that a clever slight of hand.

#1 Andy, I don't think the blur adds anything, in-fact I would say it detracts.
With the moody light on Jackie, the cards almost deserve to be tarot, but then I suppose it wouldn't fit with the theme.

Nice bit of photoshop there Andy, the first one for me as I prefer the cards sharp, maybe a mixture of blurred and one sharp one could work?

(y)

Evening all, I'll comment on this week's photographs during the week.

Had a fantastic trip to Glen Coe - Thursday - Sunday and it was amazing.

Two Darks from me.

#1 is a close one of Buachaille Etive Mòr after a 04:00 alarm.
#2 is The tree at Milarrochy Bay

Cheers.

Of Etive Mortif by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Lone Tree 4 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Just been watching your Youtube on Glen Coe and think it is great (y)(y) Dark two cracking shots imo Andy, very well taken, I like the 1st one with the rolling mist/fog coming in and it goes well in mono, the 2nd shot is my pick though as I love it, showing the old tree and stunning BG just too finish it off, great photography and PP (y)(y)

Back