Rob's TP52 2016 edition - Week 9 & 10, TLW & Spiky added

Hey Rob :)

Sorry, missed a few so quick catch up :)

Captive - Great idea for the theme, hove the idea of the dark room, it really helps capture the moment too - like this one, the facial expression is great (y)

Captive 2 - Another great Idea, a SC that I actually like too :)

Miniature - I like how you have switched the direction they face, they are obviously very identical and set out like that adds a lot of interest to the shot for me, liking the lighting too (y)

Of the three for Happy I really like the third one, an unusual point of view but captures fun with friends really well. The first one has lovely colours and you captured him at the perfect moment for the theme.

Happy ... main shot: incredible colour & detail with a gloriously OOF BG.

the other 2 ... good drunken stuff, thanks for sharing.

All three great 'happy shots'. No. 1 great colours and detail and 2 and 3 really capture the moment and you all look very happy!

Belated Happy Birthday - sorry catching up with comments.

I got confused by the title above the picture and could not see why he was Captive and agreed with LC2 that the birthday 7 of 44 image fits Captive better
then I realized that is was Happy and so It certainly does fit.

Week 5 - Abandoned

Another week struggled. Myself and @Adam1987 went for a mid morning trek across some very waterlogged fields on Sunday....I was immediately put off when my walking boots decided they were no longer waterproof and ended up with soggy feet. Anyway, at the end of the waterlogged path laid an old building of some sorts, most probably an old farm building. To make matters worse my battery died after only a couple of images! Here was the best of what I had

Week-5-Abandoned by Robert Evans, on Flickr

I like that Rob 5 the details have come out really well and the colours are brilliant as always.

Adam

Hi Rob sounds like you had 'fun' getting this shot!

Great image love the texture in the wall and the mist in the distance gives it an even more abandoned feel.

Ha ha - like the story behind the shot Rob. I've got a pair of walkers just like yours. What a nice ruin - great for photography I should imagine. Like the composition and the misty weather, especially like that part of the landscape framed by the doorway. (Do you know your Link to this page doesn't work?)

Hi Rob, well done in capturing something in the conditions. You can really see the weather was against you there. I think you've processed it well after doing the other hard bit, which was composing and capturing the shot well. I like this take and whilst it would always look more impressive with golden light etc., you had what you had and made the most of it. The positioning of the window works really well for me and overall I think it's a quality job.

Rob Hi, definetly abandoned, really like the greens and the moss and lycins.

Abandoned I too like the view through the doorway and the steps up to it

Week 6 - Camouflage

I've had to dig into the archives to catch up, its been too busy the past couple of weeks. My camouflage shot is from the 2014 Dorset Steam Fair, there was this menacing beast parading around the ring in a camouflage paint job

Week-6-Camouflage by Robert Evans, on Flickr

Week 6 - not too keen with this shot I feel it's missing something composition seems to ordinary. Theme is bang on I just don't think it's up to the high quality you usually deliver. That said it was taken in 2014.

Week 7 - a much better shot nice use of DOF and who doesn't like George North!

Hi Rob there's always the reshoot weeks to add another shot for these themes when you have more time :) That's a monstrosity for camouflage ....not the sort of thing you can hide easily. I know nothing about rugby except it seems exceptionally dangerous, it certainly fits the theme ....you've captured the action well.

Abandoned - great view of the misty hills through what's left of the window. Definitely says Abandoned to me.

Camouflage - blimey that's a behemoth and can see how that colouring would work in the desert.

Danger - I've always thought it was a dangerous game but, having said that, a surgeon acquaintance ruptured his Achilles tendon playing cricket :eek:, so maybe it's just sport in general :p

Camouflage - Nice beasty there and on theme. Composition could do with some work though, by moving a little to your right you may have been able to hid the distracting chaps in the background.
I can't comment on Danger as I don't do ball sports.

Hi Rob. I'm way behind on commenting ... again. I like Camouflage for it's scale and all the detail ... even a fire extinguisher up there! Dangerous is made so by the bearded feller in the bg as others have commented.

Hi Rob :)

Camouflage - A cracking vehicle for the theme, the background is a tad distracting but nowt you could do with that, a pleasing angle chosen and good to see some people in there too :)

Dangerous - It may be archive, but a well captured shot all the same, a good sporty shot that :)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate they were archive shots, but I still processed them from scratch...they hadn't even seen the light of day since I took them :p

Anyway, Week 8's photo is a great helper in explaining why time is so scarce at the moment!

Week 8 - Topical

This week is actually the first weekend we have managed to spend in our own house this weekend.... ITS BEEN AMAZING! The past couple of weeks have not been accommodating to time with the camera. So, one of the main reasons for the busy period has a lot to do with our wedding fast approaching later this year!

Week-8-Topical by Robert Evans, on Flickr

Hi Rob, some nice shots there.

Camouflage is well shot in terms of light, colour rendition and the like but I agree with others the composition itself could be stronger. Still, on theme and an appropriate archive shot.

Dangerous - as a big rugby fan (albeit an England fan) I can appreciate this one from many angles. Perfectly on theme (tackling Mr North isn't something I'd have fancied in my playing days) and it's a well composed shot - maybe just a tiny crop in from the left but otherwise spot on. Saturation does look a bit full to me and ISO noise is pretty apparent, but they are tiny observations rather than crit in any way. Top job!

Topical - congrats! Really nicely composed shot, well lit with a lovely subtle and soft shadow under your countdown timer. The chopping board makes for an excellent background - good choices all round! (y)

Hi Rob. Like everything about Topical - the concept, composition, bg and detail all spot on. Definitely the topic of discussion for the next six months at least (and the rest). Hope all goes smoothly.

This is great: nicely composed and lit and so topical that it's out of date already!

Abandoned - Good dedication to get the shots, maybe time for new boots though. I like the green goes from the grass all the way up the brickwork and getting some of the view/mist through the doorway is nice.
Camouflage - That's a beast of a machine, right on theme.
Dangerous - A good action shot.
Topical - Nice idea and well shot. I like the chalk countdown and as Paul says the chopping board makes a good background.

Good stuff Rob.

Abandoned ... nice find, great colour. (y)

Congrats on your up coming wedding, and yes very topical, certainly to the both of you (y)

Back