weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

So that's how a performance car's motor looks like... Great photoshop work!

Attractive, great use of the situation to get your shots, the first is a very attractive smile

Dark, nice attempt, just needed a little longer shutter speed to get rid of the gaps.

Power, seen this done a few times on car forums, If possible I would have moved the car on the left.

(y)

Attractive, great use of the situation to get your shots, the first is a very attractive smile

Dark, nice attempt, just needed a little longer shutter speed to get rid of the gaps.

Power, seen this done a few times on car forums, If possible I would have moved the car on the left.

(y)

Thanks. Can't really let the opportunity of taking photography of beautiful smile slip by. :)

Will try to have another go when the next re-shoot theme is drawn.

That's his gf's Merc SLK.

That works so well Stan - very smoothly done (y)

Thanks, Emma.

Last edited:
Its a car and an engine I know little about these things but the PP is very well done a good idea and spot on for the theme

It needs a better treeline/horizon I think but can't argue with the thinking behind it

I think if the horizon was a bit higher it would work perfectly. But great idea.

Dark - I like light trails and that it is not completely dark when you took it.
Power - Clever composite great idea I works really well
Above - I like the inclusion of the trees and the vastness of the sky above

Last edited:
Quite a few posts in the Discussion Thread on the meanings of this week's theme and from the Dictionary App in my iMac.

Evolve (verb); our little tea party evolved into an all-night bash: develop, progress, advance; mature, grow, expand, spread; alter, change, transform, adapt, metamorphose; humorous transmogrify.

And my interpretation; The two little lambs will grow and mature into sheep.

Week 14 - Evolve

Week 14 Evolve 16429 by Stan, on Flickr

They look very springlike Stan, I like the composition with lots of green space it works really well. They will of course eventually evolve into a lovely lamb chop ...but we won't go there :)

Thanks, Susie. I was out early this morning just looking out for those newborns and being up here in North of Scotland the lambing seasons are later. Luckily these are right next to a quiet country road.

I quite like the emptiness to the picture, not much of a life for sheep is it, good thinking behind it

Evolve, another well taken shot Stan, like it and nicely on theme, yes the lovely little lambs will grow up to mature sheep :)

Thanks, David. After they matured, into Lamb Chops with mint sauce. :)

I quite like the emptiness to the picture, not much of a life for sheep is it, good thinking behind it

Thanks, Allan.

Above works for me, with the right amount of tree and a sky of interest above. (y)

Evolve ... the family nicely isolated in a field of green. (y)

Awww, how cute... I like the composition with all the green space!

This is my first visit since the first week and that cracking sunrise for week 0, Stan. I've looked through the rest of your thread and some favourites are the beautifully toned image for Order, the calm scene for Smooth - especially the second 'warmed up' version - the clever idea and execution for Whole, with the hint of a reflection on that smooth black surface and background, the original and uncluttered clock for Numbers, and the idea and PP for your Power image - something I've always wanted to try and now I'm freshly inspired :) I've enjoyed catching up with your thread and look forward to keeping up in future (y)

Above works for me, with the right amount of tree and a sky of interest above. (y)

Evolve ... the family nicely isolated in a field of green. (y)

Thanks, David.

Awww, how cute... I like the composition with all the green space!

Thanks, Bernd. I was lucky too with the sheep looking at the camera.

This is my first visit since the first week and that cracking sunrise for week 0, Stan. I've looked through the rest of your thread and some favourites are the beautifully toned image for Order, the calm scene for Smooth - especially the second 'warmed up' version - the clever idea and execution for Whole, with the hint of a reflection on that smooth black surface and background, the original and uncluttered clock for Numbers, and the idea and PP for your Power image - something I've always wanted to try and now I'm freshly inspired :) I've enjoyed catching up with your thread and look forward to keeping up in future (y)

Thanks, Andrea for the catch-up comments. I'm pleased that you found some of my shots interesting.

They've also evolved to live in the harsh conditions up north :p

I'm not usually a fan of so much empty space but the green sets off the sheep nicely. Nice interpretation Stan (y)

Hi Stan,

Above - I'm with Steve, Andy and Alison, I think the minimalist treeline works in this instance. :)
Evolve - Well, it's a nice enough picture of someone's dinner in the making, if a bit central, but it doesn't really say evolve to me.

Got a few ideas for this week's theme but capturing them into images proved a bit harder so some lateral thinking is needed in the end. This is one of those many health and safety rules in modern-day offices; HOLDing handrails when walking up/down the stairs.

Week 15 - Hold

Week 15 Hold by Stan, on Flickr

Like it. Nice muted colours, abstract and different take on the theme.

Photographing from side on would have added to the abstractness.

Good show.

Cheers.

Nice and clean photo, I like your different approach to the theme!

Back