weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

WOW - Over - PLENDID!

The sunrise over Uluru shot is absolutely amazing, lovely light and rendition of colour. I'm also somewhat jealous of you for getting the chance of a shot like that :)

Wow, both of your Stark images show ridiculous amounts of contrast in both size and style of the buildings! Both are well seen and perfect for the theme, and my favourite would probably be #2 for the great reflections in the tall building.
Over is a very attractive image and great to see some blue sky - I've almost forgotten what it looks like! Well done on keeping up while you are away, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Excellent engaging image of Uluru. (Y) from the beautiful changing tones in the sky to the formation itself, a silent sentinel.

Age - nicely Framed :)

It’s perfect for the theme and it’s in Auckland which is one of my favourite cities so I definitely like it (y) one question, have you cloned something out or is the top of his head really that shape :thinking:

It’s perfect for the theme and it’s in Auckland which is one of my favourite cities so I definitely like it (y) one question, have you cloned something out or is the top of his head really that shape :thinking:

Thanks, James. The image was more or less SOOC (straight out of camera). No cloning was involved in Photoshop, just some minor adjustment of Contrast and Curves.

That shot of Uluru is spot on, great colours and the low down perspective is just right, top capture with great framing.

The old person is spot on with the theme, poor sole has a bit of determination to him

A nicely composed social image, Stan....(although a slower shutter speed might have given a bit of motion blur to the wheel spokes) :rolleyes:

A nicely composed social image, Stan....(although a slower shutter speed might have given a bit of motion blur to the wheel spokes) :rolleyes:
I like that LOL.

Only thing I could think, was if it had a bit more space on the left of the Image for the old man to move into.

Pete

Bang on theme, although for some reason it makes me feel sad for him struggling along

Nailed it - great shot for theme

Well done Stan. This was my first thought/ambition for the theme, but not so easy to find. Poor old bloke is struggling.

Certainly fits the theme. I do agree with the comment wishing there was a bit more space on the left, to allow him to be moving into it. Would it have been possible to use a larger aperture to blur the background more perhaps?

Nice one Stan.:) At first I wondered how anybody managed to find a chestnust still in fruit, then realised where you were. have a safe trip home. Really impressed with the shots from you guys with the X-T2, feeling a bit of GAS coming on:eek:

Nice one Stan.:) At first I wondered how anybody managed to find a chestnust still in fruit, then realised where you were. have a safe trip home. Really impressed with the shots from you guys with the X-T2, feeling a bit of GAS coming on:eek:

Thanks, John. I only took the 16-55mm zoom lens with me to keep weight to a minimum so steady hands and manual focus was needed for that shot.

The blurred bit at the front of the chestnut is slightly annoying but good take on the theme

Age is not a bad shot all considering you didn't have your camera ready to go!

Sharp makes my eyes go funny, I'd have preferred a bit more DoF...

I do like the green tones in this, Stan, and the way they stand out against the dark background. I agree with Bernd that a bit more foreground DOF would have been nice, but guessing that you have minimal time and equipment with you it still works well for the theme as the sharp bits are clearly sharp and pointy, and the colours and background make it pop.

Age - Good spot for the theme well done for getting the camera out quick enough

Sharp - I would prefer the front of the chestnut to be more in focus.

Agreed ... a fraction more dof! But I don't suppose you had a lot of time. Glorious colour.

Nice work Stan, fits the theme, background is perfect too!

Good image there Stan, I like the colours against the black background and the focus on the sharpest visual spikes, maybe a slightly larger DOF would show the closer spikes better, but I doubt you would see many more points.

Pete

It’s You! You got picked on my comment rota.
Week 6 - Sharp - having stepped on one of these in bare feet I know they are sharp. Like the colour contrast with dark background. Limited DOF for me emphasises the sharpness of the points that are in focus.

Back