Sirch's 2016 warm-up, Christmas

Thanks @Dark Knight, I rested the camera on a rail attached to the fence in the water and I could feel it vibrating, it was a wonder the fence was still standing.

A bit late to the party, but like most of the others I like the first one for its movement. Well done.

Hi Chris,
Liking the warm up shots :)

Habit: Well... The one no one dared to post! I like (y) Perfect super shallow DoF to bring the eye to the... Err... Habit.
Covered: I think I prefer No1. It has more of a dynamic content for me.

Connected, not what I originally planned but that proved too hard, or actually would have taken me too long so here is a bit of whimsy, not entirely happy with it but...

2015-52-connected 004 by TheWub, on Flickr

LOl not a lot wrong with that, its a good fun image and slots right in there (y)

Hi Chris ..... That looks good :) the Lego figures are the perfect addition. I like the fact you've shown lots of cable on the left, it gives it an interesting perspective.
Thanks Susie, I also tried a tighter shot but like you I felt that the cable adds a bit more of the connected theme

Hello, Chris... You had me at Lego :LOL: I like the sharpness of the shot, it's spot on theme, but if it were me, I would pose one of the Lego figures holding the cables instead... :D
Thanks Nora, glad I made you laugh. It's quite hard to get the little guys to stand up and look at the camera but I agree they could have worked a bit harder!

Hope they're on a good rate ... looks quite a feat of engineering. Nicely set-up Chris, especially the little blue fella holding the end of the cable. Excellent response to the theme. :clap:

Hope they're on a good rate ... looks quite a feat of engineering. Nicely set-up Chris, especially the little blue fella holding the end of the cable. Excellent response to the theme.
Minifigures, mini(mum)wage :coat:

thanks Carl

Nice combi of lego and electronics (y) .. on theme too.

Thanks @Dark Knight, I know what you mean and I pulled the background down a lot in the rendition above. I struggled to light it so that the green LEDs stood out whilst keeping the rest reasonably well lit, (I think I need a soft box and/or some flash modifiers) and it is becoming obvious to me that I need to get organised for these indoor shoots. I'll get there, learning and stretching my abilities is my main reason for doing a 52 so thanks for the comments.

This made me LOL. Love the interpretation for the theme and the composition is spot on. My only crit is the bg is a little uneven in blackness but that is just nit picking. Welcome to the Pleasuredome that is the 52 :D

Now keep it up Chris or else :bat:

This made me LOL. Love the interpretation for the theme and the composition is spot on. My only crit is the bg is a little uneven in blackness but that is just nit picking. Welcome to the Pleasuredome that is the 52
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. As I said above I did try with the background but have plans to do better

Now keep it up Chris or else :bat:

Yes ma'am :p

Thanks @Dark Knight, I know what you mean and I pulled the background down a lot in the rendition above. I struggled to light it so that the green LEDs stood out whilst keeping the rest reasonably well lit, (I think I need a soft box and/or some flash modifiers) and it is becoming obvious to me that I need to get organised for these indoor shoots. I'll get there, learning and stretching my abilities is my main reason for doing a 52 so thanks for the comments.
Learning is certainly why 98% of us are here for, and we learn every week still (y)

The other 2% (not mentioning any names @Cobra) are here for reasons totally unknown/beyond me :thinking:

:exit:

The other 2% (not mentioning any names @Cobra) are here for reasons totally unknown/beyond me :thinking:
To give you something to do, make up sarky comments on the spread sheet :p

Not a fan of lego pics though to be honest I have done a couple myself, but that works well for the theme (y)

Connection, great idea these Lego people to produce some fun ideas.

The white balance might be a little off and it looks a little dark on my iPad, but good idea.

cheers

Well, the somewhat inclement weather rather scuppered my plans this weekend and I didn't get to shoot what I wanted for "down" so the choice was to shoot something else, which was what I ended up with last week or dig something out of the crap heap archive. So I couldn't miss the chance to at least stick with the intent although this is really technically pretty poor I hope it is on theme

MarbleSteps 1 by TheWub, on Flickr

Here's an also ran...

MarbleSteps 2 by TheWub, on Flickr

A couple of interesting shots there. Must have been fairly challenging lighting wise, though the flash will have helped no end.
Spot on topic too and nice to see something that isn't stairs / escalators or feathers :)

The second is the better one for sure.I like that it feels like a long way down. Is it tricky shooting down there? Do you just put it on auto ttl and sort out the raws later?

A couple of interesting shots there. Must have been fairly challenging lighting wise, though the flash will have helped no end.
Spot on topic too and nice to see something that isn't stairs / escalators or feathers :)

Thanks Tim,yes it's challenging.

The second is the better one for sure.I like that it feels like a long way down. Is it tricky shooting down there? Do you just put it on auto ttl and sort out the raws later?

Thanks Brian these were both taken on a waterproof compact (TG3) using the on camera flash which is about the worst thing to do because there are always water droplets in the air that reflect the light back. It is tricky, you either take a small mountain of gear and spend time setting up, which is OK if you are with someone who doesn't mind hanging about or you do the kind of on-the-hoof stuff like the above.

Back