weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Very Bright indeed Susie, I like that a lot :)
It does kinda remind me of the Firefox logo .

Setting the bar high with week 0 Susie, that's a really great photo for, er, all the reasons that have already been said multiple times but with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Week 1's an interesting idea but for me the swirliness (technical term) sort of distracts a bit too much from the subject.

Thank you Nick ...much appreciate you looking in and commenting.

Good thinking Susie - very interesting result from a simple set of numbers. Very colourful - posterlike.

Thanks Carl (y)

Cool idea Susie and have to also say I didn't spot the out of place '6' at first, another lovely bright image, yes it is graphical, but you did set the pic up and take the pic so fine with me, all your own work (y)

Thank you DK :)

Love this. Fab colours and composition.

Hi Susie

Nice work with excellent looking prop for song title.

And yes Order is clever artwork.

I really like the colours and the style. Like how subtle the out of order bit is aswell.

Love this. Fab colours and composition.

Thanks Paul ...I was in two minds about posting it but it seems to have gone down okay.

That's certainly different - love the bright colours - it looks like a still from a children's show :)

Well I did raid the grandsons craft box :) thanks Emma.

A clever and interesting take on the theme. A bright and colourful image.

Thank you Stan(n)

Super bright and colourful, nice.

Thanks Chris :)

Hi Susie

Nice work with excellent looking prop for song title.

And yes Order is clever artwork.

Ta d00d, it's ages since I used Paint.net

Hi Susie,
I love the colours and work you've put into turning your picture into art.

Thanks Tim, I did enjoy doing it.

Very bright and colourful, and I missed the 6 in the wrong place too, before I read the other comments.

I didn't notice the out of place 6 until everyone else mentioned it :( Love the colours and the creativity behind it too (y)

Very bright and colourful, and I missed the 6 in the wrong place too, before I read the other comments.

Thank Bernd ...maybe my out of order was a bit too subtle :)

Week 1 order that is certainly a nice bright image, and a good idea, it also took me a moment or two to locate the out of place 6, well executed and looks great when viewed on flikr.

Thanks Mandy, I usually like to follow the Flickr link ...definitely makes a difference.

Nice and bright, also took me a little while to realise the 5/6 had been swapped.

Thanks Steve(y)

I didn't notice the out of place 6 until everyone else mentioned it :( Love the colours and the creativity behind it too (y)

Thanks Jill ...I did wonder if it was a bit OTT but it seems to have been okay.

You're not on your own Susie, a lot of people find Comfort there so a good choice for the theme. I like the DoF with the focus on that particular passage - lighting and composition both excellent.

I like the sentiment of this one, Susie.

Reading by candlelight, works well.

Would also work without the candle.

Feet up for a week :)

Cheers.

Lovely lighting and compo, and bang on theme - nice job Susie.

God bless us athesists eh ? ;)

Cant argue with the thought behind it Susie, not for me, but puts the point over well and i like what you have done with the angle.
The inclusion of the candle is a nice touch a big part of visiting the church for a lot of people

You're not on your own Susie, a lot of people find Comfort there so a good choice for the theme. I like the DoF with the focus on that particular passage - lighting and composition both excellent.

Thank you Carl, I wanted to try and choose something a bit different.

A very well thought out shot Susie, and nicely on theme. Great lighting and focus too :)

Thanks Dave (y)

I like the sentiment of this one, Susie.

Reading by candlelight, works well.

Would also work without the candle.

Feet up for a week :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ...I did try it without the candle but to be honest it looked a bit dull.

Lovely lighting and compo, and bang on theme - nice job Susie.

God bless us athesists eh ? ;)

Thanks Mark ...you know what they say about discussing religion :)...I fall into the 'none of us knows' category :thinking:

Cant argue with the thought behind it Susie, not for me, but puts the point over well and i like what you have done with the angle.
The inclusion of the candle is a nice touch a big part of visiting the church for a lot of people

Thanks Allan ... I liked the tones from the candlelight too.

Nice one susie ... the focused old text, soft candlelight and the red bookmark really adds. Sacred.

Ooh - I like that a lot Susie. Great composition and I love the soft light of the candle on the pages.

Thank you Emma :)

The soft light give just the right feel for this. (y)

Thank you Foggy (y)

Nice one susie ... the focused old text, soft candlelight and the red bookmark really adds. Sacred.

Thanks d00d, glad you like it :)

That's an unusual angle Susie, it works very well, at first I thought it would look nice with the centre pages and nice red ribbon would look nice coming from the corner, but also think the black space adds some balance, nice one (y)

Thanks DK ....I did actually try to get the ribbon running to the corner but the angle wasn't right to get the focus on the right bit of the text, so I went for this in the end.

Works well Susie.
I quite like that the candle has cast just enough light on itself that you can just make out the shape of it against teh black background, also that the ribbon points to the candle.
Fortunate that the (well known) 23rd Psalm was at the top of the page? Or did you search through a bunch of bibles to find one where it was nicely placed.

Great photo, very precise use of DoF and great composition with the candle!

Week 2 a nice interesting take on the theme, while i am not religious in any way i can see why some people may take comfort from reading the bible. Good angle on the bible and I also like the inclusion of the candle adds to the image, well done.

Not long ago we had a power cut and out came the tea lights and it gave a feeling of comfort and of course what better book to compliment the feeling.:)

Thanks DK ....I did actually try to get the ribbon running to the corner but the angle wasn't right to get the focus on the right bit of the text, so I went for this in the end.
Ahhhh that makes sense and a wise decision then (y)

Works well Susie.
I quite like that the candle has cast just enough light on itself that you can just make out the shape of it against teh black background, also that the ribbon points to the candle.
Fortunate that the (well known) 23rd Psalm was at the top of the page? Or did you search through a bunch of bibles to find one where it was nicely placed.

Thanks Tim I did move the candle about a bit but decided that was the best place for it ...that psalm was just placed perfectly wasn't it :)

Great photo, very precise use of DoF and great composition with the candle!

Thank you Bernd (y)

Hi Susie, l like the comfort shot, like the compo and think the odd angle really works and bang of theme too :)

Thanks Nigel ....glad you like it.

Week 2 a nice interesting take on the theme, while i am not religious in any way i can see why some people may take comfort from reading the bible. Good angle on the bible and I also like the inclusion of the candle adds to the image, well done.

Thanks Mandy(y)

Not long ago we had a power cut and out came the tea lights and it gave a feeling of comfort and of course what better book to compliment the feeling.:)

Thanks Shirley they do give a lovely glow don't they.

Nicely thought out and presented Susie, it works very well indeed. (y)

I really like this, a very different take on the theme. The candle light is lovely :)

Back