Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that is a shame as I believe the first ten categories are : Sparrows, jackdaws, magpies, dodo's, starlings, Taylor Swift, sparrows (reshoot), cars with bird crap on them, ospreys and the little wren that lives in a soil bank in my garden.
Lol sounds like you've had a look at my Flickr page.

I had to read that twice and then put my glasses on ..
Oh and you missed Velociraptor from the list :D
I'm sure it would be easier to find a Mexican cactus than genetically engineer a giant starling with scales.

I'm sure it would be easier to find a Mexican cactus than genetically engineer a giant starling with scales.
About the same I guess :D

mexican-fis_anim_cactus1.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The theme list has now been populated, feel free to make suggestions, the previous years are also there ...

Looking at 2015 list (think those from 2016 would be a bit recent for those who subjected themselves to the tribulations before) there are a few that I think could stand a revisit, some for superb shoehornability and others that might challenge my technique.

Proverb
Silhouette
Fragile
Shimmer
Chilled
Bizarre

Were there any lists from pre 2015?

Depth/depths
Music/musical instruments
Space
Age/ageing
Dark

Looking at 2015 list (think those from 2016 would be a bit recent for those who subjected themselves to the tribulations before) there are a few that I think could stand a revisit, some for superb shoehornability and others that might challenge my technique.

Proverb
Silhouette
Fragile
Shimmer
Chilled
Bizarre

Were there any lists from pre 2015?

Here you go

all good ( mostly**) suggestions guys, duly noted I'll add them in a bit (y)

@Dave70D
**I see a bit of a theme running through your suggestions :p

Hi Gil, may I ask how you did your Flickr link in your sign Please? Cheers

Hey, it was some time ago I did it and if I can recall it took a good couple of attempts to get it the way I wanted. I got some pointers when I first joined here.

I found an image on google - got the link for it, and put it along with my Flickr page url into the code that @Alastair very kindly had recommended

Then put it into my signature bit in my account settings.

Last edited:
Hey, it was some time ago I did it and if I can recall it took a good couple of attempts to get it the way I wanted. I got some pointers when I first joined here.

I found an image on google - got the link for it, and put it along with my Flickr page url into the code that @Alastair very kindly had recommended

Then put it into my signature bit in my account settings.
Thanks Gil, much appreciated and I’ll give that a go, cheers

Hi Gil, may I ask how you did your Flickr link in your sign Please? Cheers

Dead easy @oldestswinger insert the image or text into your signature.
Left click > drag to highlight> then click the chain link above the reply box and enter the URL in the pop up.
Then click insert. job done.

Just like adding a hyper link to your posts from the post on the front page., of the 52 challenge (y)

@Dark Knight
2018 (and 2017) spreadsheets... Have you noticed what the tab on the sheet says?
(Having not used google sheets much, I don't know how easy it is to change it).
/takes system test hat off...
Oppppps hahahahahhaaaaa :whistle:

Well, you see I did that as I was going to add all years to one workbook with different sheets, but I came across a problem with that, hopefully a Christmas break task for me again :)

Last edited:
Just had a peek at the list of topics. Think I'm gonna struggle. I'm still very much a beginner so go easy on me guys.

Don't over think it, the amount of times I have googled for the definition of the themes, just to refresh my memory of what it actually means, this can be useful.

Enjoy it :)

All signed up and it’s good to be back .... have we got the first theme yet :)
Hold your horse's Susie :D
Week 0 this week end.
Week 1 starts on Thursday the 4th ...

I might hang on and start on Week 1 2018 :D:p
Unless you are clairvoyant and know what the theme is going to be, I guess that's a good idea :p

Nice to see so many photographers so keen and just can't wait to start. Would be good to say the same in December 2018 about wanting to finish too.

I know December 2018 is a while off, I knew I`d finish my 52 this year so I will be 100% well chuffed if I can do it again on the trot for 2018, so I will try my best.

I know December 2018 is a while off, I knew I`d finish my 52 this year so I will be 100% well chuffed if I can do it again on the trot for 2018, so I will try my best.

I've all the faith in you Dave, to finish 2018 too. You seem to be enjoying yourself this year doing this 52's thingummyjig and as long as you are having fun taking photos next year I can't see why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back