Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we all kick off tomorrow which is 30th Dec and a Saturday which is not a Thursday and also its New Years Eve. There doesn't seem to be much excitment to the facr its nearly here, is it nearly here.:thinking:

...30th Dec and a Saturday which is not a Thursday and also its New Years Eve. ...:thinking:

also it's NOT New Years Eve :oops: :$ , that will be the 31st. However if the Scots can get an extra day holiday after New Years Day to recover then why should the rest of us not just start the celebrations a day early. :pint: .

So, we all kick off tomorrow which is 30th Dec and a Saturday which is not a Thursday
As above, its week 0 a practice round for those dying to get the bit between their teeth.
Its not obligatory and week 1 starts Thursday 4th Jan.
I hope that clears it up?

BTW if anyone is interested there is now a 2018 flicker group to host / share you images from 2018
HERE

To all the New comers doing the 52, Please don`t take it the wrong way when you get CC on your shots. The more matured members know what to look for and are great and pointing things out, and please try and give CC on some shots too even if it`s a, I don`t like that sort of thing. It`s your 52 to do as you please and most of all have fun :)

And you are off! The photo thread is open..
Just remember that its for the images only no comments, save those for the personal threads Ta :)

A nice easy one to practice with..
Time to get out and about in Your area

Last edited:
Donuts at the ready...
Lock and load, lock and load .......... :D

For the new ones for 2018.
Anyone that gets it wrong gets the order of the ..

-Donut.png

:D

Last edited:
Been out, taken shots for Week 0, got them home and hated every one.
Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead ;)
Hahaha sounds like my day :D

Was going to do shooting today and editing tomorrow, but a god damn heron has wiped out 90% of my fish in the last couple of weeks, so I have spent the whole day removing plants and netting the pond, Amazon finally delivered the gear yesterday following their usual 3 day (meant to be next day)... pesky bird :bat: :(

but a god damn heron has wiped out 90% of my fish in the last couple of weeks,
Sorry to hear that mate, I had one back in the summer, while I was at work, the neighbour said she'd seen it stood in the pond feeding for a couple of hours!
FFS! why didn't you throw something?
No real harm done, one XXXL goldfish missing, but I also suspect that it had been eating the frogs too :(
I got some HD Netting from work, ( litter netting that they use on landfill.)
Its a bit of a PITA having to keep it netted, but I've seen the SoB sitting on the back fence more than once since :(

Hahaha sounds like my day :D

Was going to do shooting today and editing tomorrow, but a god damn heron has wiped out 90% of my fish in the last couple of weeks, so I have spent the whole day removing plants and netting the pond, Amazon finally delivered the gear yesterday following their usual 3 day (meant to be next day)... pesky bird :bat: :(

Sorry to hear that Dean :(

Sorry to hear that mate, I had one back in the summer, while I was at work, the neighbour said she'd seen it stood in the pond feeding for a couple of hours!
FFS! why didn't you throw something?
No real harm done, one XXXL goldfish missing, but I also suspect that it had been eating the frogs too :(
I got some HD Netting from work, ( litter netting that they use on landfill.)
Its a bit of a PITA having to keep it netted, but I've seen the SoB sitting on the back fence more than once since :(
Cheers Mate, relentless is an understatement, I see it every day several times and scare it away, hopefully the net does the trick, all small fish gone, 2 big fish stabbed to death and 3 more barely swimming wounded... I had so many plants in the pond I have resisted netting for years as a Heron visit normally just stole one or two... fingers crossed the net keeps the rest okay so I can re-think low level plants for the summer and a better net arrangement, yours sounds Effective :D

Sorry to hear that Dean :(
Thanks mate :)

Oh god, its bloody relentless this 52 malarkey isnt ?

If I agree to the Nutters meet, do I get theme off @Cobra ?
Ooooo now that sounds a fair swap :D

Nutters, Its a Saturday, the theme would have already been posted :p
And so to theme shoehorn time :clap:

Cheers Mate, relentless is an understatement, I see it every day several times and scare it away, hopefully the net does the trick, all small fish gone, 2 big fish stabbed to death and 3 more barely swimming wounded...
BUGGER! :(

I had so many plants in the pond I have resisted netting for years as a Heron visit normally just stole one or two... fingers crossed the net keeps the rest okay so I can re-think low level plants for the summer and a better net arrangement,

I've only got low level plants, lily's , Water hawthorn elodea and like, plants on the edge, grow over the rocks and the net is just above ground level, so they grow under the net.
Well that is save the star wart" what a pita that is, it grows a couple of feet tall, through the netting (50mm squares) turn your back on it and it swamps the pond :rolleyes:

The other stuff like mini bull rushes and various are in the top small pond as a vegi filter. no point in the b*****d getting in there nothing to feed on!

yours sounds Effective :D
I'm waiting for it to put a foot through the netting, it will never break that ;)

(BTW this isn't quite a grand as it sounds :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back