weekly 52 for 2014 Post Your Photos Here ;) (No Comments please)

Dreams was one of those where I wasn't short of ideas, just time to take the bloody things.

As it turns out, it was the perfect opportunity to crack a technique I've been wanting to play with for a while - light painting. It's actually quite simple; the only issue was the the 'demon' kept moving up and down as she breathed.

Anyway, based on Henry Fuseli's The Nightmare we have:

The Nightmare by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

And the other one was a fairly obvious concept to do, so I did two variations:

In Dreams I Can Fly by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

Looking to the Sky to Save Me by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

LINK

Week 24 - Dream/Dreamy a little late again but this was taken in the week of the theme.
Its more the processing on this which I hope conveys a dreamy look, I lowered the clarity and contrast plus desaturated it a little too.
This was taken at Bodnant Gardens in Wales, its a laburnum arch, I think its not at its best as the flowers are dying off a little, still wonderful to walk through it though.

C&C welcome as always but not expected.

Week 24 - Dreamy by iain blake, on Flickr

susiejb 52 /2014 DREAM

Not sure at all about Dream but I have messed about enough and need to move on to next weeks theme, not sure if this looks like a dream or a nightmare :)

14457732196_ed0c45f213_b.jpg

Here is my Link susiejb 52 /2014 Vertical

A couple of 'straight shots' from me this week, apart from the tiniest sharpen they are just as taken. The first one I cant resist putting in, there are lots of verticals there, you just have to stand on your head to see them :) it was taken at Exeter Cathedral last week. I also wanted to put in something I had taken specifically for the challenge so I wandered around the garden and caught this Lupin in the early morning sunlight.

Why do Flickr keep changing everything :confused:

14490472704_fcc69239bc_b.jpg

14324536958_7bd94b3a18_b.jpg

Last edited:
A big catch up

Thread linky http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/pitkin2020s-week-52-week-5-14-21-22-week-7.540463/page-2

Week 3 - Close(d)
A closed door, not inspiring and not really much more to say on this.

week 3 - close by devonD90, on Flickr

Week 8 - Ending -Ashes to ashes
I had the idea of grave stones but struggled to get a decent angle with them in view without a rubbish background - light was really harsh today in the bright sunlight

week 8 - Ending by devonD90, on Flickr

Week 11 - Swirl
Had this idea for the theme for a while as it was one of the the themes before i started but didn't have chance to do until recently.
Well this is the first attempt at spinning wire wool, its not great (i'll admit it), the biggest problem I had was actually getting the wire wool to light, needs more practice and experimenting.

week 11 - swirl by devonD90, on Flickr

Week 13 - Steps
How hard should it be to find some interesting steps, well it appears very hard when you can't get out and about to find some. When i did find some by total accident I didn't have my camera with me grrrr. Again another one made to fit the theme from my day at the park in a hope to catch up.

week 13 - step by devonD90, on Flickr

week 23 - wild
Semi wild, does that count?? Close enough for a catch up lol
Inquisitive little piglets

week 23- wild by devonD90, on Flickr

Week 24 - Dream/dreamy - "Summers daydream".
Tough pick for this week, really struggled with finding something to fit the theme so I squeezed this into in, kind of round peg square hole scenerio. Candid shot PABD.

week 24 - Dream (day dream) by devonD90, on Flickr

week 25 - Vertical - Local church spire peeking through the trees. Wasn't very inspired this week TBH so a few of these are post and be damned - sorry.

week 25- vertical by devonD90, on Flickr

Way behind but stoll in with a little catch up for now.
week 6, Mineral

Week 6, Mineral_edited-1 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 19, shape, The Vulcan at Cosford

vulcan #12 (wk 19 shape) by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 20, numbers. The Harry Potter Steam Train, on a very rare main line tour

5972 Harry Potter Steam Train #2 (week 20 numbers) by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 21, Storng/strength, The Antonov 225 the worlds largest aeroplane!

antonov 225 #6 (wk 21 strength/strong) by scilly puffin, on Flickr

antonov 225 #1 (wk 21 strength/strong) by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Week 23, Wild

small tortoiseshell (wk 23 wild) by scilly puffin, on Flickr

So, left to catch up on

2x re-shoots
swirl
twisted
fresh
texture
dream/dreamy
vertical

LINK

Week 25 - vertical, a little late again :D
I have more than one offering this week, all from various visits to London during this week. I like each one for different reasons, definitely a green theme running alongside the 52 theme :D

C&C welcome as always.
I am making it my mission to get around others threads, I have been so slack with my involvement in the 52 apologies one and all.

Vertical - Lloyds Building by iain blake, on Flickr

Vertical - Glass Towers by iain blake, on Flickr

Vertical - Power of Three by iain blake, on Flickr

if I were to pick my favourite I think it would be the last one with the three tall/vertical planters.

Back