weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Number one for me Ruth - Lovely understated shot that really works well

Hi Susie, the second on for me really like the blue of the outside world, no doubting the horizontal nature of it all

Hi Susie, it's a challenging theme and you've come up with two good images. I think you got the right balance between the candle flame and the filament and the only thing that might lift it is a little detail of the bulb, but technically that would be an even bigger challenge and I wouldn't know how :) I also really like the twisty wire image, which is a super idea and a striking abstract (y)

Thank you Andrea :)

Hi, Susie, Horizontal is a nice, simple photograph that works well. #2 for me for symmetry. I looked a few times at the top bit and rather like the contrasting light with the blue and orange.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy (y) Pleased you like it.

Personal - Two nice photos with nice stories there. :) I particularly like the papers one. Nice dof and tells a story. Literally, too, I guess! :p I admire your discipline in sticking to writing a story every week for four years. That’s truly amazing. You must have hundreds of stories now. That’s many, many books worth!

Effort - Truly creative effort! A really outstanding photo.

Technology - Really good idea for the theme. Old and new technology of the same thing. :)

Horizontal - That’s really nice, with a twilight sky behind the blinds. The colours really work there.

Thank you Sheylara for taking the time with that catch up ...much appreciated.

Abstract cool. (y)

:)

Number one for me Ruth - Lovely understated shot that really works well

I'm Susie Liz :) (I've done that a few times myself) thank you, I'm pleased you like it.

Hi Susie, the second on for me really like the blue of the outside world, no doubting the horizontal nature of it all

Thanks Alan.

First one for me Susie. It leaves something to the imagination thus is more interesting imo.

Thank you Tim.

Last edited:
That is a spectacular shot Susie. Like the pastel colours in the sky and the composition with those silhouettes giving scale to the overall image. :clap:

Just beautiful. Such an unusual, but beautiful colour to the sky.

Fantastic view from your bedroom window! Great sky, nicely offset by the dark foreground, a really striking image.

excellent susie great silhouette and great colour in the sky and its your bedroom window view :wideyed:

:clap:

WOW that is what I first thought!

Fantastic image yet again Susie loving the silhouettes they look tiny proving the vastness of the scene. Wish I had a view like that at home!

That is a spectacular shot Susie. Like the pastel colours in the sky and the composition with those silhouettes giving scale to the overall image. :clap:

Thanks Carl ...I was lucky to catch the people sitting so still, they started walking just after I took it.

Just beautiful. Such an unusual, but beautiful colour to the sky.

Thanks Debbie ....not that often we get those colours but when we do its fabulous.

Looks like the sky on Mars :)

The figures add perspective and I like the deep, dark FG.

Cheers.

Yes, it does look like another Planet :)....thanks Andy.

Fantastic view from your bedroom window! Great sky, nicely offset by the dark foreground, a really striking image.

Thanks Chris ....much appreciated :)

excellent susie great silhouette and great colour in the sky and its your bedroom window view :wideyed:

:clap:

I do really appreciate the view Allan, especially this time of the year, the sun slowly moves around until it sets directly in front of the house.

WOW that is what I first thought!

Fantastic image yet again Susie loving the silhouettes they look tiny proving the vastness of the scene. Wish I had a view like that at home!

Thanks Mark ....there are often people standing on the end of the headland watching the sunset, the coastline where we live is really beautiful.

I love this Susie - the colours and softness of the sunset, the strip of sea and the figures giving the scene scale. Just beautiful - I can't believe it's taken out of your bedroom window (a bird feeder is the height of excitement out of mine!)

Susie, wow those two Horizontal images are incredible. Loving both but I like the first better, I think its to do with the black area being more prominent. .

Vast is stunning, wish my bedroom view was like that. Even on holiday. Very lucky.

Last edited:
Love the three contrasting elements, looks surreal. (y)

You must have many different versions of that view susie.

I love this Susie - the colours and softness of the sunset, the strip of sea and the figures giving the scene scale. Just beautiful - I can't believe it's taken out of your bedroom window (a bird feeder is the height of excitement out of mine!)

:) I try not to take it for granted Emma, I still appreciate it after 20 years.

just wow.....that's a stunning shot. Such a beautiful sky and the silhouttes are great. Very jealous of that view :)

Thanks Steve(y)

Susie, wow those two Horizontal images are incredible. Loving both but I like the first better, I think its to do with the black area being more prominent. .

Vast is stunning, wish my bedroom view was like that. Even on holiday. Very lucky.

Thanks Lee ....hopefully I do appreciate it.

Love the three contrasting elements, looks surreal. (y)

You must have many different versions of that view susie.

Thanks d00d ...yes you're right there from the wilds of winter, to like today ... flat calm.

Hi Susie

That shot from your bedroom window is stunning !!! and I thought I had a nice outlook from mine, that sky is just dreamy set above that grey sea and land silhouette - Luuuuuvely (y)

Thanks DK :)

That's a lovely atmospheric shot, Susie, with the vastness of the sky and the sea illustrated by the silhouettes in the foreground, and those dreamy sunset colours are beautiful.

Thanks Andrea the sunset has just moved around into view and I love it.

Lovely shot Susie (got it right this time:)) and beautiful sky:clap:

:) no probs Liz, I've done it more than once ...thank you for looking.

Excellent contrast of the red sky and blue sea. I like the almost silhouetted foreground as it provides added interest.

Thanks Tim (y)

I've been looking after this gorgeous boxer dog called Molly this week ....bless her, she's not the prettiest girl around. Kids and animals never quite do what you want, she sat with the sunlight streaming in and the one side has really blown highlights, but I loved the expression. She went home this morning so I haven't got another chance. I put it in the frame firstly because its a rough frame and also it hopefully disguises some of my mistakes :)

Rough TP2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Hi Susie, love the expression on the dogs face, you are right not the most attractive dogs, the frame works well,
nice take though you might now be in trouble with boxer owners

I like it, Susie. Boxer owners would disagree I'm sure but I wouldn't, she definitely looks a bit 'ruff'! ;)

Vast- I love the colour of the sky and the silhouettes of the people emphasise the vastness
rough - great shot I like the processing to make it rough around the edges

Aw! what a lovely looking dog - I think she looks cute .. .more wuff than rough so you could say meets the theme by a lisp'er. Like the processing and the antique framing Susie. What mistakes ?

The close take and processing really make your woof-woof look rough, I like that a lot

Hi Susie, love the expression on the dogs face, you are right not the most attractive dogs, the frame works well,
nice take though you might now be in trouble with boxer owners

She is a lovely dog Allan ......that was in fact one of her prettiest faces :)

I like it, Susie. Boxer owners would disagree I'm sure but I wouldn't, she definitely looks a bit 'ruff'! ;)

Thanks Ian ....she definitely has got 'a look'

Vast- I love the colour of the sky and the silhouettes of the people emphasise the vastness
rough - great shot I like the processing to make it rough around the edges

Thank you for looking in .....much appreciated.

Last edited:
Love the Vast shot Susie, beautiful red sky and the tiny wee silhouette figure just convey vastness. :clap:

Rough; she sure looks mean and rough. Love the use of near-square crop and duo tones for the image. :clap:

Thank Stan ......much appreciate you looking in.

Aw! what a lovely looking dog - I think she looks cute .. .more wuff than rough so you could say meets the theme by a lisp'er. Like the processing and the antique framing Susie. What mistakes ?

I must have hidden them well ;) she is a pleasure to look after Carl.

The close take and processing really make your woof-woof look rough, I like that a lot

Thanks Chris really pleased you looked in :)

Talking of rough, going on that expression I wouldn't argue with her :D

Lovely portrait, great processing Susie. It all works very nicely indeed.

Bit of a shoehorn but great portrait topped with that PP treatment. (y)

... more Grrrr than Ruff or Woof.

Back