Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

Hi Allan,

Contrast is a 'wow' image; excellent sharp details and strong contrast, and well composed :clap:
Face reshoot is a striking image with that direct gaze, the serious expression, and the way the eyes stand out against the black coat.
Clean is a funny one, and well-timed to get the tongue out so far and all the way over the nose.
Curves is an unusual subject and the image is really elevated by the clear shadow. Good choice (y)

Hi Allan,

Contrast is a 'wow' image; excellent sharp details and strong contrast, and well composed :clap:
Face reshoot is a striking image with that direct gaze, the serious expression, and the way the eyes stand out against the black coat.
Clean is a funny one, and well-timed to get the tongue out so far and all the way over the nose.
Curves is an unusual subject and the image is really elevated by the clear shadow. Good choice (y)
Thanks for the catch up

WEEK 35 OCCUPATION

gateway triptych by Allan Howe, on Flickr

For anyone who missed it, this was a book produced while I was working in Theatre I am the nearest to the camera in the bottom pic.
wasn't sure at the time wether or not it fitted the theme but the couple of people who did see it where ok with it

Last edited:
:agree: the book on the black at an angle is some how reminiscent of theatre publicity, nicely done.

Arch: Love the way you've captured the sunlight and the starburst Allan. A lovely shot
Can't quite get my head around the display; a stuffed cat?:confused: What's the story there? Interesting sculpture though.

The way you have balanced the light in Arch is great with the sunbeams in the background and the warm tones in the foreground, I like that a lot; with a deep stack of arches maing it spot on for the theme.

Display is a strong image, so much to look at and consider with, again, good light and details, very well photographed.

Arch: Love the way you've captured the sunlight and the starburst Allan. A lovely shot
Can't quite get my head around the display; a stuffed cat?:confused: What's the story there? Interesting sculpture though.
Thanks, I know the cat display is a little mad especially with the baboon sitting in judgement in the BG which is nothing to do with it

The way you have balanced the light in Arch is great with the sunbeams in the background and the warm tones in the foreground, I like that a lot; with a deep stack of arches maing it spot on for the theme.

Display is a strong image, so much to look at and consider with, again, good light and details, very well photographed.

Thanks very difficult to get the balance of the light in the first one there are a few blown out areas maybe but it was a bit of a compromise

Like the arch shot Allan, think you have caught the lighting spot on with good colours :)
Display, don`t know what to make of the cat.
Thanks
Don’t think you have to make anything of it it’s just a display of art, it could have been stranger as there is a dog in a suitcase in another piece

Arch ... nice one. Lots detail and tones, looks like artificial light in FG with naturally lit BG - works a treat.

Display ... made me laugh. Lots to see up top before scrolling down to find a cat in a display case!

Arch ... nice one. Lots detail and tones, looks like artificial light in FG with naturally lit BG - works a treat.

Display ... made me laugh. Lots to see up top before scrolling down to find a cat in a display case!
Display....thought the cat had crept in there. I like it, though, because it's so unusual.

Cheers.
Welcome back Allan, GREAT to see you back in... Display, well... now that is creapy to say the least !!! - love it (y)

Thanks

Wood
I like that. The textures and back lighting really work well.

Wall
I like the dappled light coming through the trees.

Really like wood, nice light and good details.

With the wall photo I can't help but feel that more light and detail in the wall itself would make it a stronger take for the theme.

Really like wood, nice light and good details.

With the wall photo I can't help but feel that more light and detail in the wall itself would make it a stronger take for the theme.

Thanks

Back