weekly Bob's 52 with 52 lenses for 2018-Week 7 Guarded

It's the first time that I've tried this and I'm going to make it a little more challenging for myself by using a different lens every week.

I'm in the same boat Bob, newbie to all this.
PS, do you really have 52 lenses :eek:

Using a different lens ever week is a cool personal rule for your challenge Bob, I look forward to seeing your images :)
Most of the images will be limited by my ability but they'll be one or two where the lens is the weakest link

Good luck, Bob - I'm looking forward to seeing the images. I think for this first week you should go for the 65mm MPE!

Week 1....Gates
p2707447067-4.jpg

Not much in the way of decent light over the past week but a quick trip to the local canoe/kayak slalom club found some colours.

Taken with a Pentax 645Z and an FA645-200 f/4....1/250 f/4 iso 100

Last edited:
Excellent take on the theme, I'm not overly sold on the processing but it's a strong image enhanced by the shallow DoF

Like the idea for the theme and I like the DoF you've used

Excellent take on the theme, I'm not overly sold on the processing but it's a strong image enhanced by the shallow DoF
Thanks Chris. Always interested to see other peoples take on things so feel free to put your spin on the original (well, a compressed jpeg of the original)
p2707467344-4.jpg

I actually like this, good example of DoF and adds a different variety to this weeks theme. took my eyes a while to focus bang down the middle :beer:

Hi Bob and welcome

:clap: a striking image ... (preferring the first) ... minimal colour and ... I didn't have a clue what it was. :D

Great photo, I like the shallow DoF, makes the whole thing quite abstract. (y)

Very clever and original idea for the theme, and I like the use of DOF....

I like your take on the theme. I think the processed on works well the front gate really stands out.

Week 1 - Dropping the saturation of the background while retaining the colour in the OOF gate poles works well to isolate them into an almost abstract effect.

Really good first image, Bob - love the processing, composition and depth of field - really interesting take on the theme.

An excellent take on the theme, wish I had the ingenuity to come up with something like that.

Week 2....People (Actually a banker shot from last weekend in case nothing turned up....which it didn't)
p2717142109-4.jpg

1Dx MkII 70-200/2.8 IS MkII 1/1000 @ f/2.8 Iso 500

Last edited:
People/person is a nice shot Bob, shame the top is clipped but I do like it and think it would go in mono well.
Thanks Dave. I would prefer mono too although I didn't want to get boring after "mono'ing" most of last week's shot.

Tught crop works for me. Plenty of detail, more than just a banker in my opinion.
(y)
"People" implied multiple to me.....hence the doubt.

A proper candid that - like it
I will confess to knowing the subject and called out to him to grab his attention as he passed by.

Nice placement in the frame, warts 'n all portraiture (y)

Back