weekly d00d's 52 in 2015 ... Week 51 & 52

:) I like it d00d ....love your ringing alarm clock .... spot on for the topic.
Hi David :)

Despair 1 - Liking these peg shots but not sure on the chosen DoF, liking the colours though and a good angle too :))

Despair 2 - Not sure what the link to the theme is, despair due to losing ?? as for the shot I think the square crop works well with the placement of the toys, nicely lit and plenty of detail :)

Noise - My EYES !!! - like how you have done this, very effective for the theme, the alarm looks lie I have just woken up and still coming round (y)

Thanks guys (y) ... @DK Re Despair 2 ... it's not only real living creatures that feel despair you know.

Week 40 Envy #1
40.Envy.jpg

Envy #2
40.Envy3.jpg

Good idea, I like the story line and it's not completely obvious which gives it a touch of fun when you spot the pin and read the page. Nicely done. (y)

I can't see your pegs so I'm saying nothing about them.:p

Hi David. Beckham's style and taste in clothing ... let alone his capacity to satisfy those needs, must make many envious. (Taking a photo like that makes me envious). Well chosen for a very difficult theme this week. What's the significance of the pink peg being gagged - is that an expressive visual art form ha ha.

Hi d00d, not sure I get it, I think I maybe trying to read too much into your pics sometimes

anyway first pic for me even though I am not really getting it the pin makes an interesting addition, the pegs are doing nothing for me

Week 41- Inverse / Inverted

9OnaZzfscdueukHK7sh6NcFq-DGs2_aU5HL6Oam-m0sV7A_amPDmlgmX776j7qwxOdJobBxa55yWopcG_DGhgC0n0hJGbWMmzqL1B0ft4-3BqIhPJJgYK3vZ_C4qKf_mD_OrkzL-1TDyy6DdbV6kKK5_PlkwI0JdFHEB5k5Atklx7VSQNvItgUD3-Mf2EDPHkLzHtk-R-KoXNYPzB47AFtke2JGXWI5aoVUtia_9ZSUPdtKFR5viqXxUAujRVbLK25pZa9dHTLM2ZuY46lNbvcVlcFuyT6JuPCTRx8tkQTAuRl-lhlDhiu6JcD_lH-mha5m7W8Y5TKQ2P19b8dGVGOpfTSz-_kSMdlXUtCjJvvMU28VPaz_uUXDJtZMHO3pelxZGlLeJqYh8V6hGDpGNNvivLzp0SvJ69kNxEbbS0_2VjT-bzmB1cELZoIhnwUR-m62NWFAebQjQm0mtBCmAZU0WtXyoAqC62PgXsWkL6tCV_TUsQLMdNCrlecG0QSL7MU-Z15FtSiP-DFliX-iDfVg3d_qa44PMIfrsZURZITE=w907-h604-no

0y8ZeHjRDlHdMgnjLsQTYqRbJYTrTmTgNTzR9TNwMJ4o3iEW4r7mMRbYnWO6XGUzl68kaq4D3nltzB-VM7pqbHW6PPrRM1iwP7MwN1tReS8RrEOCeDkX-78QyhbXNwNqpOm-1-mQNSwMO5Q_lnMaWuRYzhfQxxiuTNAt7NksVglMblBAurT6UU597Rj7srnVV_rvXrDTz5Bo1Sz8APf-7SvRJQ-4k9ZJ6Q3fIFLK5vt8Ce1436ObHG0EXI-5nRlJ9dLpgnjqAh598zcT9ZUO1PE2pl8ICuQCLy8tcwyCpo8BQJ2UPio4_j95O_ZG78-WayKAyYHHm1ZaBVYYZuO0PNWrHo2yRy53v3jEdsAY2QK13h8a2vibO6BDCvaE53UUDeGAAzA40Skguf-YIH4CNQj7dC5hCnrayvSrggw08Rc881GWBolllQwyXtN3bQpDtG0jQD_SicfHSJhfc6Kjqq5XAivQnt0yzt78FgOxf7RqAAhQzW-j8aPM6YIRLZwYY5-9bHEi8YGB_rrsfS1pwpY1b9t1JI4w2Cnt3Skz7Ag=w907-h604-no

11/10/15 EDIT to add second image for comparative purposes.

Last edited:
Hi d00d not sure about Envy ....why the red pin in the girl ....does it have a mysterious significance or did you close your eyes and aim. Why is the pink peg tied up ....why is it pink, so many questions, so little time :D

Inverted ....I like that, very clever, not sure how you did that one but a great choice for the topic :)

Hi d00d not sure about Envy ....why the red pin in the girl ....does it have a mysterious significance or did you close your eyes and aim. Why is the pink peg tied up ....why is it pink, so many questions, so little time :D

Inverted ....I like that, very clever, not sure how you did that one but a great choice for the topic :)

Morning Susie

I'm not sure about Envy either :D nobody's sure. I was thinking of Envy as in jealousy as in sticking pins in the competition, but I guess that's something further up the madness scale. The pegs ... don't trying reading anything into that, they're just innocent pegs.

Inverse ... I've just edited my above post to add a pic of the box. Th Inverse shot is through my Raynox macro adapter thingy.

Good idea, I like the story line and it's not completely obvious which gives it a touch of fun when you spot the pin and read the page. Nicely done. (y)

I can't see your pegs so I'm saying nothing about them.:p

Nothing is completely obvious .... ;)

Hi David. Beckham's style and taste in clothing ... let alone his capacity to satisfy those needs, must make many envious. (Taking a photo like that makes me envious). Well chosen for a very difficult theme this week. What's the significance of the pink peg being gagged - is that an expressive visual art form ha ha.

Thanks Carl ... yep difficult theme ... no significance in anything here ... move along.

Hi d00d, not sure I get it, I think I maybe trying to read too much into your pics sometimes

anyway first pic for me even though I am not really getting it the pin makes an interesting addition, the pegs are doing nothing for me

Thanks Allan ... yes ... interesting addition I suppose. I was going to do something more meaningful but we didn't have the weather for it.

lol at the pegs :D

As for the first one, bit confused, pin in her head as you'd prefer to be with David ?? :exit:

Thanks DK ... you're close but you're supposed to imagine a rival female stuck the pin there.

Last edited:
Hi D00D, I love the noise pic, very clever (y), and some Freud as light reading before bed too! Not the Interpretation of Dreams?

Envy - more flipping pegs, perhaps Freud would have something to say about that :whistle:

David Beckam, hmmm, I can see why a bloke might be envious of him but not sure why you have tried to lobotomise that nice young lady.

Invert - Clever :clap::clap: nuff said

Hi d00d, inverted, certainly is I would never have thought about using a lens like that in a million years I suppose the Raynox does have a use after all

Hi David. I like the result for Invert - very clear definition and nice colour too. The product has me intrigued - wouldn't mind trying those myself.

Envy I can kinda relate to that one, I used to ride my old Beeza wearing "Belstaff"
Kinda makes me envious of those bikes.

Inverted, plain and simple and to the point (y)

Lovely focus, im also as intrigued as others as I have a raynox myself and it does not flip the scene (as it were) how did you do it? Great picture all the same

Hi D00D, I love the noise pic, very clever (y), and some Freud as light reading before bed too! Not the Interpretation of Dreams?

Envy - more flipping pegs, perhaps Freud would have something to say about that :whistle:

David Beckam, hmmm, I can see why a bloke might be envious of him but not sure why you have tried to lobotomise that nice young lady.

Invert - Clever :clap::clap: nuff said

lobotomise! ... I think the least said about that the better.

Thanks for your comments Jill, it's been a tough couple of weeks.

Hi d00d, inverted, certainly is I would never have thought about using a lens like that in a million years I suppose the Raynox does have a use after all
Thanks Allan ... I first tried it with two different magnifying glasses but no luck. And yes the Raynox does have a use after all. :LOL:

Hi David. I like the result for Invert - very clear definition and nice colour too. The product has me intrigued - wouldn't mind trying those myself.

Thanks Carl ... yes Lemon Mint flavour, look out for those. (y)

Envy I can kinda relate to that one, I used to ride my old Beeza wearing "Belstaff"
Kinda makes me envious of those bikes.

Inverted, plain and simple and to the point (y)
Cheers Hissy ... yes Inverted is a bit lacking isn't it!

Clever idea, nice focus and dof. Personally I like to see a tighter crop though the left, right and the bottom empty spaces aren't add anything to the image.
Thanks Stan. Yes you're probably right: a crop might be an improvement.

Lovely focus, im also as intrigued as others as I have a raynox myself and it does not flip the scene (as it were) how did you do it? Great picture all the same
Thanks nathan. Firstly I've got the Raynox DCR 250, I placed it about a foot in front of the subject, then shot through it with a long lens (200mm DX) at a distance of about 3 or 4 feet away. I don't understand the mathematics, but it didn't taken long to suss out the right positioning of everything. :)

.... someone putting words in your mouth. :eek:

OK .. I say it myself ... it's plain and simple and to the point but .... could be a little more exciting. :)

Nothing wrong with plain and simple David (y)

Hi David,
Playing catch up (as usual!)...

Despair: Good fun shot for No1 but the late entry crowbar is the one for me. Really depict despair of being cast aside.
Noise: Very well done and perfect for the theme. My only comment is that the clock and surrounding area are a touch dark maybe?
Envy: Good idea and an interesting take that you have made it from a females perspective. I like the randomly laid out nature of the magazines on the table too. Not so sure about the pegs...
Inverted: I would have had no idea what that was so thanks for posting the original image. I wouldn't have thought about using a Raynox for that. I might give it a go :)

Hey d00d.
Inverted - Like the shot. works well, but a couple of crit points. It loos a couple of degrees off of horizontal and it appears to have lost a little of the richness of the colour compared to the other shot. Perhaps adding a little to the saturation would have puled it back?

Now I'm worried. It looks like you and me where the only ones who "got" the pin in the forehead thing. Do we think alike? :runaway:

Inverse: I think you got a bit too clever with this one. The method became more important than the message? happens to me all the time. :arghh: OMG :exit:

Hi David,
Playing catch up (as usual!)...

Despair: Good fun shot for No1 but the late entry crowbar is the one for me. Really depict despair of being cast aside.
Noise: Very well done and perfect for the theme. My only comment is that the clock and surrounding area are a touch dark maybe?
Envy: Good idea and an interesting take that you have made it from a females perspective. I like the randomly laid out nature of the magazines on the table too. Not so sure about the pegs...
Inverted: I would have had no idea what that was so thanks for posting the original image. I wouldn't have thought about using a Raynox for that. I might give it a go :)
Thanks for the good honest feedback Lee

Hey d00d.
Inverted - Like the shot. works well, but a couple of crit points. It loos a couple of degrees off of horizontal and it appears to have lost a little of the richness of the colour compared to the other shot. Perhaps adding a little to the saturation would have puled it back?
Cheers Tim ... yes I think you're half right ;) perhaps one degree off. Thanks.

Now I'm worried. It looks like you and me where the only ones who "got" the pin in the forehead thing. Do we think alike? :runaway:

Inverse: I think you got a bit too clever with this one. The method became more important than the message? happens to me all the time. :arghh: OMG :exit:
I know what you mean about the the pin in the forehead thing ... would make more sense coming from one of the ladies here. Re Inverse: they all want to know how it's done; I would have used a glass ball like everyone else, if I had one. ;)

Week 42 Shimmering G&T
PeXp1Azegbrs2Fvzv3qTZZ0P3iexdqtuxu_anOsrT41lty6gcno5hKQWnn_Yu-VUwHMg0rdGZIhKqf3-DAN9gp0J96vwEt0ghkfbo8RA7HD96FceNr50R1OJkP2ponpvhk3lPNjm7FAufFWpMjMnnZ7w_6d9aMNnj8SdB8OaXy5LgR8dPeGLcr0D49X3Z8_t_spAfmX057mpNUzOU5e7KGaCcGgAz97dwlfVdJR6lPiy_wBpqQubqXSjZBUm_W0l8JlI6ohIDVptT238doJKJ-AxKn6wBqBHHM8xLoGLfIfixAw6UDrfiWgu475cQkPckNdqrQ3CX8d6nBMyuIPc-Nq1VOTAeK8jrKeJgEfIYZ-BrGJKb3M5puW1s1RbUXubkEZ8xkcdNOkX9uYeCcYlb4qaJV4GPiy2eIhb4MesNfYDgBmU6xKvTmnpEYPNPU7097jLLoMqjJBQC29WD9HhOj2CJSwNREgFeY4pNuoah4dLhvzJwf4z3i91EwnC0Zkwp2AaNXyjUpT-5q4lddnrn9NgUA-LkkiQLAFGBefbad8=w783-h691-no

Week 43 Elements ... the earth is a Lindor Chocolate Ball with shoppery ...
lPpJLjyuxtu5_6UfTrra4vGWd7VBtAUndXnHrXyGlskruRwEONsa4wA09I2ncmleH2dPDWdm4vfTUndHb9Ge7nkLD5Rxtq5xC8k0p_QXCRSecsza41DfVD1iIy1E9HuDjEgi8jr9CNGYa6U9xj56vUJQ2zmeKdsE73RfMUuUhP54vBw_pU1j3RnubP1VfXy37WdJneRS2jX6Gs6PeiMA-TmNHM1j56L7rnXvvXvbgKQ0gqtOzrC7hqxKbvMapTYOV1-bAQBST5-ThVG3H-oqP7xRrkDkdYcpw5cV3yXz-LDfJRS0z7ckeV73GA30GUQ0grwwIvreTeVGz31FDmU3A82v2FQpelSoWP6oSH4IqFQ3PbtsBi2nDKSyhG8ncBzqexBZlEaUSiwt5eHOWUcWu2n9-kCjpWgOupeI_Oe7I6nqoQ7mG5UCgJ1z_v_LtjOl9StqfQOTs5s4tLDba-NcuJ6ushgHA2Xokh1oE17CIS4r92ZHTeYKn3yetoRPwvoDDW37EnFAw90p3OMiGQYIGMVi1OzgrGoxkBVgMKGI7Gc=w1328-h884-no

Both great ideas David (y)

Love the idea of "wind" too :D

Ha ha - both very clever David, especially the choice for Elements, but I like the G&T shot best for it's subtle colour and composition.

Hi d00d, both good images for the theme but going on something you said on Brians and my theme about brightness
well mine was more about grain, but grain is more obvious if you lighten the whole image,

these both seem to be underexposed, well to me on my monitor so maybe your monitor is too bright but of course the reversal could apply to my monitor :thinking:

Hey Dood,

Lovely G&T shot, Love the bubbles and almost everything about it. (see below)

Elements is silly enough to carry you through, roll on next week eh?

I agree with Al about them being a bit dark, maybe your monitor is a bit on the bright side? But then I always have to boost my images if I print them! (I'm just getting into the whole colour profiling and calibration thing and it's very difficult.)

Hi d00d ....super lemon shot and lots of lovely bubbles ...the second shot made me laugh :) not sure about the colour of the writing ...it's a bit 'in your face'.

re ...colour on the monitor ...I've sort of given up on that as everyone's monitor seems to be different, I tend to think if it looks okay on my ipad I go with it !

Shimmer, focus is nice as is the composition. A little under exposed, maybe.

Elements, :D nice one.Under exposed again on my Mac and I'd like to see a brighter surface. Wind :whistle:

Cheers.

Hi David

Cracking shot for Shimmer but a little dark on my iPad. Gin has a particular shimmer to it, almost oily I feel.

Fab interpretaion for Elements ( again a little dark) Very painful when the Wind and Fire occur together :eek:

Hi David :)

Inverted - the second shot sure helps the puzzle of whether the object is upside down, maybe a deeper DoF to show a bit of the Label text the correct way up would help... but hey that doesn't take away form a good image, really liking your thoughts with this one :)

Shimmer - This has to be one of my favorites for the theme, real good detail, loving the close detail and tight crop, nice one (y)

Elements - Hss it all - but not for me this one mate, it looks very under exposed for me, although I love your sense of humor with the elements chosen :D

Thanks guys for the comprehensive feedback, much appreciated. (y)

Took this shot today on the garden path with apples brought back from our trip to the W Country. Never thought of using the garden path before. I really wanted to get out for a healthy autumn shot but what a crap autumn so far. So this is my FULL submission.

DSC_0021.JPG

Last edited:
Beautifully done David. Love the composition and the basket itself - the autumnal colours set against the b&w chequered floor are just fabulous.

Works very well David.
A full basket of fruit and the OoF leaves in the background (y)
(tis almost a "seasonal" submission :D )

Back