weekly d00d's 52 in 2015 ... Week 51 & 52

Tried but failed to reshoot and improve upon the rum & coke, so I give you this as a Chilled Reshoot. Taken at Marble Arch where homeless migrants have been hanging out for a few years now.They look as though they're looking at me but I'm behind a wall under a tree, they're looking into nothingness.

gMHejnJA5HZOHOM8kHWPi1TyStU5nvSuERGZomjO7UeCE9C0R_fOlx-YhFGfa4NK7bZ-fPEeBJRep1VXFqc2btgMVj3jv5_gnfQ5HribM4lsIvdAtEbScpvNUVwwqmlEhMNka4pdyO8nkn2GlGT1cfcyCAgzORGvirxG9uoDxCTKQQ3B8fcwUIfhQ8vVpS51GFgVeEYqR6hVyUzV4vg5uHsz8B_elYTxAdYgbcubmaRjB1lL9ZnaUvFg4Xv7cuGjoxqFc70yj1ykmsbKyW5LSZ4TQiXawwo5m6Sr_lD57r-9HgCl2GpL3mTkFNt4JbGoanDbiXmbjs8INlOVySgth9Qa-CJnxs0qjAvf0luvZzzSRph7Q6YsNLN1Ve9uRF-u3uArT9GdfzILZPdYjFmcHClqYvtaJyW_Sl6ZYSuaoy_mmB-V2T1_QPLIWWe79TNMnwnITBwbitGbSpQBrYOlESqpDxGXSf-fckjqOFnmW5_GEYO41gYkUY1_uC8TefUmaAgfrzWvI4A0YIrNjcMYgbtGUobaZ40MgRVqhwlOoLM=w1607-h1079-no

Last edited:
Love it d00d :clap: composition, focus, colour, all absolutely spot on.
Nice use of leading (clothes) lines.
Nice use of the rule of 3rds
Nice use of DoF
Nice use of Colour

Yup, like that shot. I bet it took a while to set up.
Hmm Dominos... If only I hadn't already posted my 'Special'.
Thanks Susie & Tim (y)

Hi d00d, have to agree with the others about chilled, not the best composition and it looks a little squashed :thinking:

Special works really well because of the DoF and placement of the pink peg in the frame, little bit off the bottom maybe just to be picky ;)
Thanks Alan .... you're right Chilled is not my best entry. And I've tried taking a little off the bottom of Special but didn't really work, but I know what you mean.

Genrally a very notable shot, how many bags of pegs did you have to buy? I expect you have many pink ones left over.

Cheers Martin. Ms d00d is in charge and she's got masses of blue ones, not so many pink as they came in a smaller mixed colour pack. ;) Maybe another time I'll show you some Special pegs in other colours like THIS.

Hi David. Simple, colourful and effective. Just been reading up on DoF and how one third is in focus forward of the actual point of focus and two thirds behind - this image helps put that in context for me. Well taken
Thanks Carl ... That's interesting although I'm not sure it's entirely apparent here ... The pink peg is not equally spaced between two blue ones.

Great use of DOF, and the leading line is fantastic. Out of the box thinking too, What a shot!

A clever idea nicely done. I really have nothing else to add, you nailed it. (y)
Hey David :)

Fashion - Love this, a perfect spot, the angle works brilliantly and the look/capture of the lady is the icing on the fashion cake (y)

Chilled - Nice chill on the glass, and the included bottle/label adds to the whole, like it :)

Special - Ooooo now I really like this one, what a great idea, love the colours, angle and DoF - smashing :clap:

Thank Nathan & Brian and thanks for the encouraging crit catch-up DK. (y)

Thanks Carl ... That's interesting although I'm not sure it's entirely apparent here ... The pink peg is not equally spaced between two blue ones.
I don't suppose it's an exact science anyway David but the length of string just forward of the pink peg and the sharper focus on the blue peg just behind, gives some meaning to what I've read. Interesting. Chilled Re-shoot has colour, action, good composition and highly topical. The lady on the left does look Chilled but the other who is giving every impression of "looking" into the camera, seems despairing.

Hi d00d, sorry I've not been here for a while. Just trying to do a quick catch up before I go away tomorrow.
Fashion - two great shots, both perfectly on theme. I can only echo what others have said about the great angle of the escalator and the look on the woman's face :p
Chilled - now I can actually see it I feel thoroughly ashamed of the blown highlights on the glass on my effort :(
Special - yes it is! (y)

Cheers guys ... It seems I've shot and posted this a couple of days too soon on the wrong theme. Gonna have to find something more despairing for this week.

Ouch d00d fancy missing that one for Despair ....although personally I don't think they look terribly despairing, I tend to think they're chilled out and looking rather bored and aimless.

I like the thought of you behind a wall under a tree ....the mind boggles :)

Last edited:
Hi d00d, well that jokes getting a good beating, it's an unusual way of presenting them but I like it, great use of DoF and of the different coloured pegs which again add a little something

having been brought up in Merseyside "dat pair" and "dis pear" is quite a normal part of speech

Forgot to post this on the main pic only thread.

Hi d00d, well that jokes getting a good beating, it's an unusual way of presenting them but I like it, great use of DoF and of the different coloured pegs which again add a little something

having been brought up in Merseyside "dat pair" and "dis pear" is quite a normal part of speech
Thanks Allan ... scouse eh!!

You haven't got an obsession with pegs have you? That aside, nice take on the theme with a bit of fun throws in too. Like your focusing point on the first Dis Pear corresponds with the title.
Thanks Stan ... yep showing my clothe peg obsession.

Ridiculous idea :D You remember dat woman on de escalator :confused: well I'm pulling the same face as her looking at this... Really David?... That's your image? WTF? :runaway:

Anyway, Colours are good, focus and DOF work, but I do wonder what it would have looked like if you had focussed on the rear pear? I'm not so sure about the low key lighting. Pears have good texture and a little more contrast on the leading lady might have made a big difference. Over all I suppose it's accept-apple.:p

:D Enjoying your pegs obsession at the moment

Special is a great idea, nothing to crit with this one (y)

Reshoot - yup, they look chilled out and much too unconcerned to be despairing

Despair - great use of dof and novel way of hanging them too :p

Ridiculous idea :D You remember dat woman on de escalator :confused: well I'm pulling the same face as her looking at this... Really David?... That's your image? WTF? :runaway:

Anyway, Colours are good, focus and DOF work, but I do wonder what it would have looked like if you had focussed on the rear pear? I'm not so sure about the low key lighting. Pears have good texture and a little more contrast on the leading lady might have made a big difference. Over all I suppose it's accept-apple.:p
Shot on a slightly dull day with EV-1 ... hmmm ... but so glad you love it. :kiss:

Last edited:
:D Enjoying your pegs obsession at the moment

Special is a great idea, nothing to crit with this one (y)

Reshoot - yup, they look chilled out and much too unconcerned to be despairing

Despair - great use of dof and novel way of hanging them too :p

Thank you Jill(y)

novel way of hanging them too:kiss: well it's not often I hang pears on the cloth-line.

Last edited:
Hi David. Wouldn't be surprised if pears are now in short supply after this week. You've got this one pegged David - love the DoF and composition.

Catch up as per usual!

Chilled ....You've Mullered the Rum with Coke! Sacrilege! :) but there's still enough left for another Tot(y) I'll let you off as anything that contains Rum cant be all bad;) I'll also forgive you the Ice as the theme is chilled (all that water diluting the Alcohol). Like the beads of condensation on the glass portrays the "Chilled" theme very well. Something missing?? Maybe a cocktail umbrella :ROFLMAO::D Sparkler :). Now I must behave! Maybe the third element could be a piece of Lemon or Lime on the glass? Or an empty glass already supped, That might balance it. Nice sharp shot anyhow David.
Special .... Really prevalent DOF here which works exceptionally well together with the eye popping colour nice Job!
Despair.... Like the 2 despair shots, think the ladies in the park, portray this very well, the shot oozes Despair! But for me it has to be Dis Pear and Dat Pear, Spot on! Nice DOF the old clothes pegs coming in again;) Like the dead sharp focus on Pear No1, well thought out and executed. Ah well gotta Peg it now have work to be done:eek:

Despair late entry crowbar ...

38.%2BDespair3.jpg

Last edited:
#1 for me im unsure why but i really like it :)

HI David. I like this second version ... between us participants, we overdid the pears I think. This is real "grunge" - the content is great, love it :clap:.

Love your pears on the line d00d (does wifey ever hang washing on it:)) really nicely done.

Awww your Despair #2 reminds me of a scary scene from Toy Story .... its slightly disturbing as they seem to have a rather lifelike look about them especially full page on Flickr......spooky !

#1 for me im unsure why but i really like it :)
(y) Gregory

HI David. I like this second version ... between us participants, we overdid the pears I think. This is real "grunge" - the content is great, love it :clap:.
Cheers Carl ... grunge ... yes (y)

Love your pears on the line d00d (does wifey ever hang washing on it:)) really nicely done.

Awww your Despair #2 reminds me of a scary scene from Toy Story .... its slightly disturbing as they seem to have a rather lifelike look about them especially full page on Flickr......spooky !
The boss gets ample opportunity to hang the washing ... when my cloth-line is available. ;) ... spooky :) glad you like it susie.

Hi d00d, very interesting, I am not going to pretend I get whatever the link between the objects is, but I am intrigued

will have to go and think about it for a while, I could of course be overthinking it and you do get up at 4

very good though

Hi David. It has to be one of the most unwanted and depressing noises to hear, that alarm first thing in the morning. Sigmund will have analysed and commented on the behavioural effects of that no doubt. (Nothing like a bit of light reading at bedtime .... no, I mean that really is nothing like a bit of light reading ha ha). Excellently themed, like the movement simulation of the clock and lighting. :clap:

Lovely idea, took me a while to work out the clock was "ringing" - perhaps a clock with bells on the top would have made it more obvious? - Nicely executed, the lighting and colours kind of say "middle of the night" and I like the cropped book making the "whole" clock the clear centre of interest. (y)

A interesting shot that, is it a composite of a number of shots with the clock moved between each one?
The bottom of the book being out of focus somehow distracts a bit, but nicely executed however you did it :)

Love that image.
Thank you Chris ...

Hi d00d, very interesting, I am not going to pretend I get whatever the link between the objects is, but I am intrigued

will have to go and think about it for a while, I could of course be overthinking it and you do get up at 4

very good though
Yeah ... time for a lie down ... :LOL:

Hi David. It has to be one of the most unwanted and depressing noises to hear, that alarm first thing in the morning. Sigmund will have analysed and commented on the behavioural effects of that no doubt. (Nothing like a bit of light reading at bedtime .... no, I mean that really is nothing like a bit of light reading ha ha). Excellently themed, like the movement simulation of the clock and lighting. :clap:
Thanks Carl .. I'm sure the man would have agreed, up to a point.

Lovely idea, took me a while to work out the clock was "ringing" - perhaps a clock with bells on the top would have made it more obvious? - Nicely executed, the lighting and colours kind of say "middle of the night" and I like the cropped book making the "whole" clock the clear centre of interest. (y)
It's been done before .. the dancing alarm clock of the proper kind ... so I though I'd do it differently ... and it's rubbish, I know.

A interesting shot that, is it a composite of a number of shots with the clock moved between each one?
The bottom of the book being out of focus somehow distracts a bit, but nicely executed however you did it :)
Hi Tim, I did many versions but not sure I posted the best. Just one shot overlaid then overlaid again, making four, erasing the book bit.

Last edited:
Hi David :)

Despair 1 - Liking these peg shots but not sure on the chosen DoF, liking the colours though and a good angle too :))

Despair 2 - Not sure what the link to the theme is, despair due to losing ?? as for the shot I think the square crop works well with the placement of the toys, nicely lit and plenty of detail :)

Noise - My EYES !!! - like how you have done this, very effective for the theme, the alarm looks lie I have just woken up and still coming round (y)

Back