weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

Hi David a great colourful image for simple although there is a lot of ingredients they are simple ones so works for me

I like the thinking behind simple and you have executed it well but as others said perhaps a little less is more in this case

Love all those vibrant colours David, especially like those little pots. Quite a nice combo ... I'd be happy to come round for that but with one exception ...... I DO NOT like herbal tea. :)

Stone - I have to agree, the stones are interesting and set off well by your battered table ;)
Nicely lit too, detail in the shadows and nothing blown.

Simple - I have to agree it's a bit fussy for simple (but then with my shot - who am I to talk). I do like it though, I'm not seeing it as underexposed here, I do like the red background and the tight crop works for me. Cropped square for instagram?

It looks like your simple cooking resembles mine :) Nice vibrant and "ethnic" feeling scene. Not sure what the lizard adds and in terms of assembly, I'd expect to see a pestle & mortar there instead of a knife?

I like the red chopping board which works well with the green of the sage and bay in particular. I wonder if plain white bowls might improve the composition a touch - simplify it a bit?

Well taken though and I hope it was tasty!

I sometimes use the tail as well Mr Cleverpants!

Nice colours, nice textures and nicely laid out David.
Although as Andy said, elsewhere, sometimes the simple things take a lot of preparation.

BTW, only an eye of newt is needed for a potion, not the whole thing :D

The different coloured and marked pebbles against the basket weave work really well and would make a lovely piece of wall art :)

Simple is a bit too complicated for me for the theme but it's a fab photo (y)

Thanks all. (y) ... not least those of you looking at the simple ingredients rather than the simplicity of the image.

No herbal teas, newts eyes or instagram chops should you care to pop over, I promise. :D

Covent Garden this morning.

week 25 sign
ANQz-t2VNdWbPcbbQcfL3OmXJtSma6CQNBs7DD09kpjR7G8LDdmi_Wb5PRqkvTSk6Og1Au3gvMKtcCpD8VWqkd2ihWKxVsMCUdYLW_uZGdFSdAEsgG8BBVLOdyhHkHU6dDJsYYBkUDARC5gJUtqvpE4vdfAuku2WmSq5m2FA5OnD29p7JsoNJNvPNYBlTFcc0mU62bzGpp-2HOZ0u2r4g6bFN0oR1nFJ8M48QBRDd0u4Vwzogc4vYitw3UHBnTPG1CUEI3kmDVvCz5M3m3coWD3SzBNExU90zbox8uysRESQSxOx9OIN7HLT65BqO01JP00Dp17Et_UYolM3wXKQfbrEIwmo5Z9kGOlGBhJzUgUlUBfZxToipiwl6IlMtjs4kn5Qv3xbO6R7GE_maxSYgCm0tPnMdMAYqQzEGIS-GDNQ1gnPqZr-lOBd3OHmhuZOlUrqbmZ_Ega3puXHWaZX57dcNu1JVMFz4PJPwlpxyNBtORBNKyHgFfwQzLZV4JOcKxmpYqzX8jj2jVCM__Mg8p7ollVr1kzsB-Wibj1B3tZJjdCmsDL8IWsElLW625W-gQFBXzltt9QcvrjfsbLQZzarumoCfo4=w1731-h917-no

That's an interesting sign and I like the angle which leads the eye into the street.

I agree with the above, can't add anymore other than nicely spotted and taken

Nice spot David love the POV the angle really pulls you into the image. The colours are great too

Nice perspective David, well spotted :)

Like the POV David - bet many don't even know of it's existence down there so well spotted. The 3d lettering really makes it stands out. :clap:

That's an interesting sign and I like the angle which leads the eye into the street.
I agree with the above, can't add anymore other than nicely spotted and taken
Nice spot David love the POV the angle really pulls you into the image. The colours are great too
Nice perspective David, well spotted :)
Nice one for Sign, David. Well spotted, an interesting image (I like the people just in shot) and good use of the field of view. (y)
Like the POV David - bet many don't even know of it's existence down there so well spotted. The 3d lettering really makes it stands out. :clap:
Thanks guys. They're like street urchins, don't you think?
Colours are all real but I confess to using the subtlest touch of on-camera HDR.

They're like street urchins, don't you think?
I was trying to think of a description, and of course, that's it (y)

Nice colours and details and I like the way you have left in the tops of the shop frontages in the background, gives it some context. Interesting angle, were you stood on a bench or something? I wonder if moving to camera right if possible would have lost the street lamp on the right

Excellent use of DoF to create that 3d-like effect and to retain the sense of the urban setting of the flora. :clap:.

Lovely bright colours there David I wonder if it may stand a crop of the bottom to lose the shop signs etc

Nice colours and details and I like the way you have left in the tops of the shop frontages in the background, gives it some context. Interesting angle, were you stood on a bench or something? I wonder if moving to camera right if possible would have lost the street lamp on the right
Excellent use of DoF to create that 3d-like effect and to retain the sense of the urban setting of the flora. :clap:.
That looks like a 'Village in Bloom' type arrangement that we see loads of around this way, I think the background is a tad fussy at the bottom, but the bright display distracts just enough for me, nice title too :)
Lovely bright colours there David I wonder if it may stand a crop of the bottom to lose the shop signs etc

Cheers guys ... the shop signs are marmite, I wanted them in, but I wanted the red brick white stone as a contrasting OOF BG to the flora.

I'd originally planned a street scene type thing. The flora is quite evident in the image below, but not enough detail, I feel.

cino7nSzJdyzXUAyx4OZ17qrPUQMP2nwkvsnvqj-2PWf8bshAO111KHamTkN4yvAVX6tuX3yognMevn7rFoF-kIMz0pkPxsTmbRGIRIYU9R0VlkCSmNwDa2RSuC_s8AulygWt7TsP6mskaLkUON06yaNb0y1VCBkAcmQFOuZxlSZGEDB4lIzHhjrjJxBUtn9vVAFN6y4cJNnQT9etclgoDdPcy1nYxGfKXLqjakdWJVgg00XDF0cAWNrCohBmP8ub9K5z7BUj01duKoEBYm3FFNhuGZywL9-IbNl8O3i3alNMdrT8-Q8mNCHvAIbFL-R3m304rBvYx08fXeH1nQBAmuZM_1FLGze5LJcMpwEq5Fe1PbfVgY0shfCU26dXnkkyqWRr-RjFOxZVSodM1LDaYUPhWg-Rz_FkoGGlYDhYfOdfp1bK_nXwIenI77dbBtfRs45uTBFl8oBUxslqJxIe6nyQg-E8fY44u3x4yu91XzKBOwAD8_Qge0gCz7011G6y8MCi-CPuK2XmhUI8TzA9wga8vLLkM-JhMZkKFIslwHbnld_-1Y0gSr0fOBVt5q71JEbuZC7K6bWiM3v0x5Ztllavb6mBDA=w798-h917-no

Hi d00d, i think the second one works better to be honest there is a lot more going on and the flowers stand out against the city street

I like the detail in the 1st, David, but actually I prefer the second, a nice street scene, with the flowers being the focal point.

I like your simple image a lot David - although it's making me hungry! All the components work for me and the red background is perfect, although it does look very slightly underexposed to me...maybe this screen? The angle of your sign works really well I think - how different the people walking down the street must have looked when it was first put up. Of the florals, I prefer the first especially for the theme.

Sign - I think @sirch said it all really, good fine and great angle.
Flora - Spot on theme and well taken - shame about the lamp post (well, everyone says that about my shots ;) ) but actually, I think I prefer the streetscape version.

27. Active
>>> spot the virgin active.
tg55hun1qN8n7ayN2uTQHBEDfgcC4aNomBAniz28KoCL_m8Sw7goGaC6tDX2mZunysEn279mF2ADf3RBqtg-ZhRjz6vTn8upbgXKERmyruyrGLTlu6HYNcmlreFubwAvoutZZHh16JEfP75XBP61TlHEYUBeN1FTyLkfXODdoBekLc_bR9begwuBILdzxZhWgU7ganlVATiIq1vWUDQG2YQN3gaGvvqLX5J5aDIlnrh96T77fEwc38Oqy9B2Xk2apyZxtgo5Cye6oboA_WLxqLb79x3TdKsLdkV92AXFrmVbPBqN7miMR-ZldW5GlI-8AfY2i9dxUa3AwVDXTxeHiORegEYYFQYL_Y6VDJfZE9w5YAuEqbxgesQ_4PMRGH1kBR-wI0x8dQMKswPmRJpPaJp5tw0DwtijRMwDSW46aMONeeD11avRuXGYILMhPUhdBHtsPpFpC_gwmSOHlES6ytcLJqW_mSbdNyyMoervd4jHP-Cu3yyikQjBFvePhqXaKIRfGa0Il-baCT7e10rPNAkWx7jn7BFlcv6sm4lw2Y5QqDQYtzj7_nVELZH8jRnsyiUIgCRyhK50b2wc2JMyfmOYvrF3QI8=w1032-h917-no

Last edited:
Back