weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

No idea what you have done there but its quite an interesting effect

Yep, definitely a weird effect there David, nicely on theme.

Tempted but avoiding lewd comments, love the double exposure effect which adds a good sense of activity.

That's messing with my head I assume its several exposures layered together?

Very clever with the sense of motion

Interesting! I think trying out these sorts of effects is always worth a play and part of the point of these challenges (for me, anyway). I like the triple exposure effect and the anchor of the background pulling you back to reality. Definitely interesting and well done (y)

... not wishing to mess with anyone's head :D this was taken with my new (est) toy Canon G7X leaning against the wall across the road for half an hour with camera at waist level waiting for the sun to disappear behind clouds at regular intervals, trying out different speeds and stuff, waiting for things to happen ... got a few shots of bikes going past whilst trying to make sense of - what I think is a Canon peculiarity - "safety shift".

HDR: 3 jpegs, not normally recommended for moving objects, can produce some fun results I discovered.

Thanks for your comments everyone. (y)

Very experimental David - I like the effect. an alternative to motion blur :clap:

I see, I did wonder if it was an HDR mode as I've seen something similar from the mother in law's camera. They asked me why an image had come out in a certain way, the only thing I could think of was HDR, and that turned out to be the reason. It certainly gives you the impression of movement, so spot on for the theme, and (y) for not being a garish HDR ;)

Great effect David, very clever to use HDR in a way that it's not supposed to!

Isn't virgin active a contradiction in terms :naughty:

Playing around has made what could have been a boring photo much more interesting. At first I thought you had shot a reflection.

Hiya d00d ....I love it ....what a great effect .....almost ghostly.
Very experimental David - I like the effect. an alternative to motion blur :clap:
I see, I did wonder if it was an HDR mode as I've seen something similar from the mother in law's camera. They asked me why an image had come out in a certain way, the only thing I could think of was HDR, and that turned out to be the reason. It certainly gives you the impression of movement, so spot on for the theme, and (y) for not being a garish HDR ;)
Great effect David, very clever to use HDR in a way that it's not supposed to!
Like it nice and fun,works a treat.
Liking that effect David, real good link with the signage and the movement blur adds a great twist (y)
Isn't virgin active a contradiction in terms :naughty:
Playing around has made what could have been a boring photo much more interesting. At first I thought you had shot a reflection.

Thanks for your comments everyone (y)

Tim @LC2 ... I do hope I'm keeping up with the mother-in-law in the field of HRD art.
Jill @Bruja :naughty:

just running things through my mind ... still life, after life, high life, low life, when it struck me ... pavement life never gets much of a look in.

Week 28 LIfe
D418gj2tYRmpGbrO3VlN6J1ltYPP-FNGqNPxxGUuRMA3X2ljEc3PR_rqyXq8i8dlyyerv74tzUqjfZl9wvq1r-0b9tX6PU3F-_egFa0qqmE8MD3pPot8e_1nEl-ilbj3RVgRAqj3JPx01DzM3rzxCPht3_zhbfoq18swK5r7JR73mdx1ifdaI-45W2e44B2rljbqJkqpY86OEWAcKcivNa8WCS1IAUsUxbF-SWiDZoWy5jtu7Hwue8ue1M_JZOlH2rBL1-nEHMm47u_wWWH2SAi8UG_gib4KpmkeEciRAd4vZ96rTOvQv09ZUL86D4lwNjSPz-VEfOAliWOyaKJIxHmwyH-MibPDY5UIDgauuTwORSI6Zoiuc_DyS7ReNDid4u1DskcxU-xvoacrsuU3fC64o6eo4IBXL5aPded32O_hIymTt1N702yK5BSkf5-XFLXPDdpfj_cG4SC4XGkRBIQozXOGdzZvWUxSP6WHPXbNJzK2j1ZiIOqx9GMt-LbUSiNni5Uf3_uSd_QZIULcZNKg5KFY6xiBwJvdmXsAm97q9gnJs7leXRpe9ZMDSQy1yKNuyPz2qrwTVyjxdWzc-b1QMGZZ3EU=w1901-h917-no

And of course the phone cables beneath could be a life line.

Nicely thought out and captured David :)

I agree with Chris, well thought out and well captured with very good details

Great idea, great composition, nothing to criticise!

Brilliant idea David - wouldn't have even given it a passing thought. I like the comp - showing the entire cover would have been less interesting whereas the broken metal lines that form the framework draw the eyes around the image. Excellent. :clap:

Agree with the above well thought out, really good but you have forgotten to posterise it :coat:

Sign - I like the angle more interesting than straight on but you can still read it.
Flora - I like the first one best
Active - good sense of movement
life - I like it good crop

And of course the phone cables beneath could be a life line.

Nicely thought out and captured David :)

life line ... genius, thanks boss.

I agree with Chris, well thought out and well captured with very good details
Thanks Chris

Ahhhh smart arse, liking this, great composition, well chosen crop, and detailed throughout, the more I look the more detail I find, love it (y)

... and I love your enthusiasm(y) ... personally I thought it was simply OK. Now I like it more. :D

Nicely spotted and I really like the unusual composition of this.
Very cleverly thought out really like the composition
David, great for me a double take, pavement life and life line. Nice composition

Thank you Emma, Mark & Chris (y)

Great idea, great composition, nothing to criticise!

Brilliant idea David - wouldn't have even given it a passing thought. I like the comp - showing the entire cover would have been less interesting whereas the broken metal lines that form the framework draw the eyes around the image. Excellent. :clap:
Agree with the above well thought out, really good but you have forgotten to posterise it :coat:
Thanks guys (y)

Sign - I like the angle more interesting than straight on but you can still read it.
Flora - I like the first one best
Active - good sense of movement
life - I like it good crop
Thank you for all your fine comments Minx(y)

Before reading your description, I took this to be a comment on how life these days is an always on connected life.
Good crop, plenty of detail (y)
and thank you Tim (y)

I don't like the blade of grass (although very OOF) going right in front of the bug. Apart from that it a great picture, very clever and lots to look at.

Life is an innovarive take on the theme and of course we are usually looking ahead rather than down or up. Loads of detail to look at.

Hidden, I'd have liked Mr Bug to be a bit more in focus in this hidden world.

Thanks guys ... I didn't notice the bug - I was just focusing on the writing - till I got home. And I didn't notice she was obscured by a blade of grass till you mentioned it Bernd. More attention to detail required tho I took a whole load of Hidden gravestone shots and I still like this one.

Yes like Tim, I thought the bug was incidental. The main focus was on the writing partially hidden behind foliage. Excellent use of DoF and good composition David.

Back