weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

Hi David, you've posted two great images since my last visit! Technology is such a clever idea, well done :clap: So original and creative in the planning, and then well captured with the textures and colours in the old stone contrasting with the more modern colours of the headphones and wire. Horizontal is another good idea, well spotted and then composed perfectly with the two bright blooms poking clearly through the blurred blinds. Two really original images for the themes (y)

Hi, i like the BG to this the little splashes of colour work well

vive la difference! Very good take with the horizontal being OOF

Hi David :)

Horizontal - I'll get the niggle out of the way, I'd like to see 3 flowers not 2 :D - other than that I think this is a real interesting photo, really like how the bursts of colour from the flowers are popping through the feint blind slats, a sort of misty look (y)

Been struggling a bit with Vast, took the tube up to Tower Bridge with the aim of getting a decent wide angle looking from the middle of the bridge upstream, yesterday, and it was a dirty grey day. No good, dirty river, dirty sky and the dirt reflected in the numerous glass buildings there now. Passing through my new favourite cemetery this morning I did a quick panorama of the chapel on Vast terrace with colonnades, with 1000s buried in the Vast catacombs below. It was a bit rushed and I failed to pay attention to the metering.

Week 16 Vast
KdL8eeVt6iv37H9U-s4FEcsY06c9VyzWtqJwJAVLBJ1MTu8u7IO1UQW2qd9xCOiqASQbh9HQQAK4pkRCnqYOosy92S1NiqAiir9Da6zWqrd4eqCEmIpsR9hvrCb68bl1Y9oeToIV5vNedFTu4dAcoh6DCrfShUTjsf__Ramy1CVN7ct-V_p5dLdZUkr1QOwhhQVkB-uwWOAvAeJ7A-gg77_AUIf79MxJzBr2Mnu7MdLJ4AMPrKMKb0s5VkN2dAbhz-46nFZ7TtPbx97WpVp_NvYCN1m-7gS7jDRnVywEy6RPrmbzDPao-wXFQ7rRJmClgfJwZZq5vhRmlBKAj0tpdwXrtzLICJlw6ycqbDzuMEiJCQ4NQNWF1FKxetEZSAPuXGb5ovyX4n5LhJ4Nxlpz8ixMMHEVwLggZFYl-rUm2hqnAM16SGEWtFvbIfSWCcLmSBtQI9Ckk16ZiTNQPfJrHuivqO5BHfbX3JQX2MkMeoiEOVV5ThpoExp1hZm_ex4q49BmpZNczBU9-y5zq5jy3jD30mv4zz1UWdmx3LacCkrZ_01Ghu85sP9MUjOIsdFm6Dxj=w1922-h554-no

Last edited:
I like your horizontal, I did something similar but I much prefer yours. Good effort and well on the brief

Hi David I lake your image for Vast a good and different take on the theme

Good panorama for vast, the centrally placed building and the distortion from the pano give it a good sense of vastness.

Great pano for vast David, it look an amazing place and you have captured it well.

It's very annoying when the weather doesn't play nice, I was hoping for a shot last weekend but the weather spoiled what I had planned. Nice alternative shot. I haven't seen anything like that in the cemeteries I've been to, it's certainly vast. Looks like it would be a great place to explore more.

vast works well, always a pity when trees spoil the symmetry but unless you have a chainsaw....:)

Might also make a nice gritty B&W.

Cheers.

Wow - that is one impressive building David and definitely looks Vast, especially with that wide angle of yours. (Those colonnades could be useful to help frame and provide perspective shots ... hmmmm). A good intuitive shot if you didn't check the metering to end up with detail in the sky and not blowing the highlights. Well done sir. :clap:

That looks a very interesting place, well captured David :)

Thanks for your comments guys. (y) I'm pleased I came up with the idea but not totally happy with the result, it looks a bit wonky. It's a good quite place to go with a camera so I'll be back to practice my pannery!. Trying a different number of shots and different settings.

Incidentally, the square bit on the end RHS is where I shot my Technology ... it's got the roof missing!

Horizontal: Interesting building, beautiful sky and great panorama shot:clap:

That's a rally good choice for vast - panoramas aren't something I've tried yet - must have a go. Yours looks really well done (I can;t see the wonkiness). The only niggle is the post on the RHS - how inconsiderate for someone to leave it there!

Hi David, good spot for vast. I always find the V shape of stitched panos to be a bit offputting, but not sure whether they're ever fixable?! It's a shame about the post at the right - for me it detracts from the image a bit, so not sure if you could have moved your POV at all to exclude it? Probably not!

Well spotted though and definitely on theme (y)

Horizontal -- I like that you have focused on the flowers instead of the blinds
Vast - that is an impressive building and the panorama works well.

Thanks all so much. I guess I could have cloned out the trees, post, and did you spot the distant gas holder? but for some reason decided against it. :p

Great colours and textures there David, and the OoF greenery in the background sets it all off very nicely.

Great ides and nice shades and textures of rustiness between the black tyre green hedge!

Nice rough piece of machinery there.
I like the tight crop and the contrast between the orange and green.
In fact, conceptually this is similar to my post (2 posts above).

Get out of my Head !!!!!! :eek:

;)

A great collection of rough surfaces well seen and the hard light picks them out very well.

There's something about rust that attracts - the colour and texture of that engine housing are fabulous. :clap:

Nice find certainly looks rough, rust is excellent for colour and texture

Back