weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Lovely choice of subjects and colours in Fruit, Dave. It does look slightly flat to me, but I really like the wicker background and the contrasting colours, and I think my favourite of the two is #2 as it has the orange, which looks really juicy.

Thank you for the comment Andrea :)

All theme fitting, Dave. So what you're going to replace the 150-600mm lens with? Fuji 100-400mm?

Thank you Stan, over the last year I have slowly struggled with the weight of the Canon and Sigma, so I am getting rid of the sigma and three Canon lenses. I have seen a lot of photos taken with the Fuji XC 50-230mm and they look very good indeed. I did try my mates Canon M5 and did not like it at all. So since I have done a lot of wildlife over the years, I am changing my whole look on my photography :)

A good selection there, Dave. I like the off-balance boat and the composition, with the mooring line leading up to the front, and my other favourite is the first helicopter. Not quite as much prop blur as the second one, but I do like the crazy angle it appears at, which adds drama and a real sense of motion.

Love the first one of the boat, great composition and coloring. I also really like the background of the plane as it makes it pop.

All vehicles, the boat or the first helicopter pic work for me

A good selection there, Dave. I like the off-balance boat and the composition, with the mooring line leading up to the front, and my other favourite is the first helicopter. Not quite as much prop blur as the second one, but I do like the crazy angle it appears at, which adds drama and a real sense of motion.

Thank you folks for looking and the comments :)

Hi Dave you've got some fabulous nature shots ... your Bee, Tiny insects, and the Graceful egret all stand out for me.
The first shot of the plane is excellent, I like it that you can see the crew inside, I like the last helicopter one too, I like the whirring rotor blade, it looks smashing against that blue sky.

Hi Dave you've got some fabulous nature shots ... your Bee, Tiny insects, and the Graceful egret all stand out for me.
The first shot of the plane is excellent, I like it that you can see the crew inside, I like the last helicopter one too, I like the whirring rotor blade, it looks smashing against that blue sky.

Thank you Susie for the comments, glad you like the photos. Busy day for me today, as boxing up some lenses.

Been a while since I have managed to comment so trying to catch up a bit. Sorry to hear that you are having to sell the Sigma 150-600. My brother in law has that lens and I borrowed it while we were together at a zoo a few months ago, loved the lens and the quality but I can understand the weight issue as I'm not sure I would have been up to carrying it around for long.

Agriculture - A bit to much processing for me on the first one but I actually quite like the composition and the original shot (#2)
Graceful - A swan was my first thought for graceful but I think I prefer the shot of the Egret landing. Nice timing to catch it.
Fruit - second one for me, like the idea to include the tomato, the colours work well together.
Vehicle - The last helicopter is my favourite with the nice blur on the rotor.

Been a while since I have managed to comment so trying to catch up a bit. Sorry to hear that you are having to sell the Sigma 150-600. My brother in law has that lens and I borrowed it while we were together at a zoo a few months ago, loved the lens and the quality but I can understand the weight issue as I'm not sure I would have been up to carrying it around for long.

Agriculture - A bit to much processing for me on the first one but I actually quite like the composition and the original shot (#2)
Graceful - A swan was my first thought for graceful but I think I prefer the shot of the Egret landing. Nice timing to catch it.
Fruit - second one for me, like the idea to include the tomato, the colours work well together.
Vehicle - The last helicopter is my favourite with the nice blur on the rotor.

Thank you very much for the nice comments Steve. It is a shame about the sigma, but it just gives me pain to use it. I am off to Jessops tomorrow to try trade in for a Fuji X-T20 so hoping my next weekly shot will be with that :)

It would be the boat for me. It's a well balanced photo and that bright orange buoy really adds something.

Boat is the pick for me as well..

Am I right in the Plane being real and Heli an RC MODEL ?

Oh Ok, I just thought the wire trailing from the rear of the heli was an RC aeriel......

Slower shutter speed would habe blurred the heli blades a bit, but still a nice shot.

Thanks Mark, I can get some practice in just over two weeks at Eastbourne Airshow :) As the Chinook is coming for it :)

Some nice steady shots there Dave, I like how you managed to get the rotor blade movement on the last shot, one thing I have yet try to any extent, good luck with the next air show, would love to have a go one day :)

Thank you Dean, we are looking forward to the airshow, and well chuffed the chinook will be flying.

Well Dave, don't get ars*y :p but not sure I understand the title "a piece of Adonis" but that's probably just me, I suppose if you preceded the subject word with the word "ring" then it works on a slightly gutteral level :wideyed: :whistle:

:sorry:

Well Dave, don't get ars*y :p but not sure I understand the title "a piece of Adonis" but that's probably just me, I suppose if you preceded the subject word with the word "ring" then it works on a slightly gutteral level :wideyed: :whistle:

:sorry:

Thank you Allan, I think I heard years ago saying a Piece of A*** :)

I think I heard years ago saying a Piece of A*** :)

Maybe this saying has a different meaning here in the U.S.??? I guess it could be used to describe these nice young men.

Missed Contrast and your re-shoot, beach huts perfect for contrasting colours and structure perfectly sharp.:clap:

Back