DP’s 52 2019 - Week 29 Closed - ADDED

Love the gluey sticky thingy :)

Hi Daniel,

New - Great take on the theme. Good composition and focus telling the story.
Clean - Good shot and bang on theme. I too would have liked the see the drum / clothes moving.
Open - I really like this. Good lighting and exposure on this considering the different light sources.

Hi Daniel, with the DOF I wouldn't have guessed this was a mobile image. Nice use of the window and natural light. I would have liked to have seen the end of the tube as well but the bubble of glue looks great.

Love the gluey sticky thingy :)
Thanks Dave!
Hi Daniel,

New - Great take on the theme. Good composition and focus telling the story.
Clean - Good shot and bang on theme. I too would have liked the see the drum / clothes moving.
Open - I really like this. Good lighting and exposure on this considering the different light sources.
Cheers Lee!
What a great find, Daniel; it's perfect for the theme by itself, but the view through the window beyond is a great bonus. It has a real 'end of the day's work' feel to it (y)
Thanks Andrea!
Hi Daniel, with the DOF I wouldn't have guessed this was a mobile image. Nice use of the window and natural light. I would have liked to have seen the end of the tube as well but the bubble of glue looks great.
Thanks Dom, the samsungs do have some great features now luckily!

My take on Distant. I took a few shots this morning however I noticed my sensor was filthy so need to take it to the shop for a clean!

Here's a selection of others I took.

Thanks for all your comments thus far!

Last edited:
Definitely the third for me. The moon looks better (or maybe the blue of the sky is!) and seems to have less glow around it. Also the footsteps in the grass take you into the shot.

Definitely the third for me. The moon looks better (or maybe the blue of the sky is!) and seems to have less glow around it. Also the footsteps in the grass take you into the shot.
Thanks Bob, my initial thoughts were that the footsteps were almost going away from the subject. Thanks for your comments!
I'm with Bob on this, shot #3.
The blue of the sky seems subtly better and the moon doesn't have the off center framing between trees.
Good to see blue hour shots of the moon, rather than fully dark.
Thanks Tim!

Three great images Daniel.(y)

I can't disagree with the others....no. 3 is the better composition, and the moon is superb.
I, however, really like the silhouette on no. 1, though the moon is slightly obscured by a cloud, making it appear a little smudged....I completely understand that this was unavoidable.
Great concept, and kudos for getting up at the crack of dawn to take these terrific images!

Another vote for the 3rd image, a good all round shot that just looks better.
Thanks Dave (y)
This is boring but it's another vote for #3! :) I like the slightly different tones in the sky and that you've included more of the sky, plus the fact that the moon is off-centre. Good idea (y)
Haha nothing wrong with being boring Andrea, thanks for the comments!
The 3rd shot is a stronger image with the moon positioned at the thirds. Personally, I would crop out some of the foregrounds.
Thanks Stan!
Three great images Daniel.(y)

I can't disagree with the others....no. 3 is the better composition, and the moon is superb.
I, however, really like the silhouette on no. 1, though the moon is slightly obscured by a cloud, making it appear a little smudged....I completely understand that this was unavoidable.
Great concept, and kudos for getting up at the crack of dawn to take these terrific images!
Cheers Gareth, blooming freezing to boot, no let up this week either judging by the new theme!!
I like them all but my vote is for #1, I really like the silhouette of the rooftops and the trees. Agree about catching the moon in the morning sky it works really well.
Thanks Susie!! (y)
nice take personally for me no2 with a little cropped off the top.
Cheers Peter (y)

Personally the first one for me - I like the silhouetting of the houses again the tiny bit of colour in the sky

Personally the first one for me - I like the silhouetting of the houses again the tiny bit of colour in the sky
Thanks Ian!
I am going to agree with the others number 3 for me. I kinda like the trees silhouette and the blue tones in the sky
Thanks Chris! (y)

Here's my entry for week 5 - Cold

I would imagine there will be a similar trend this week!!

Last edited:
This certainly looks cold. Like the colours in the sky and how the trees are silhouetted.

Daniel

Open, I like this image, the infocus foreground and oof background works well, as does the view out of the window. Only slight critism is the tube of glue position, the end is cut off and its intersection with the board may be better elsewhere.

Distant, fits the theme well and I like the colour with the silhouette on the first shot, but I also like the 3rd due to the added cloud and the moon is sharper.

Cold, a very nice image, love the muted colours and the snow is white. Nice setting as well.

Great what you are doing with this. If I could tweak it I would either get the whole tube in frame or go in closer and make it a more obvious crop nice though !

I can only echo the comments above, love the colours in the 'cold' image.

This certainly looks cold. Like the colours in the sky and how the trees are silhouetted.
And a superb entry it is! I agree with Mandy, the sky looks wonderful behind the trees, especially on the left.
Nice image, the soft pastel colours in the sky complement the snowy scene well.
Daniel

Open, I like this image, the infocus foreground and oof background works well, as does the view out of the window. Only slight critism is the tube of glue position, the end is cut off and its intersection with the board may be better elsewhere.

Distant, fits the theme well and I like the colour with the silhouette on the first shot, but I also like the 3rd due to the added cloud and the moon is sharper.

Cold, a very nice image, love the muted colours and the snow is white. Nice setting as well.
The colours you managed to get for the cold theme really does make it look cold, nice lighting too.
Everything about this image says cold, love it.
Very cold, with a nice bit of pink in the sky. nicely framed up too.
I like the cold blue light on the ground with the colours in the sky. Well composed and fits the theme perfectly.
Great composition, and the sky colours are ace. Like it!
Great colours in the sky and a fantastic composition!
It has such a sense of cold....very effectively processed!
Excellent work Daniel.(y)
Cold and sinister, with the hints of colour in the clouds what’s not to like
Great what you are doing with this. If I could tweak it I would either get the whole tube in frame or go in closer and make it a more obvious crop nice though !
I really like this, Daniel. It looks very still and peaceful, you can sense the quiet and the cold, and the subtle colours in the sky are a good contrast to the cold tones below (y)
The colours, especially in the snow, really give it a cold feel.
I can only echo the comments above, love the colours in the 'cold' image.
Thank you all for your comments! (y)

I think this is great. I would have loved it to have been cropped just below the church and have all the church and houses near the bottom, maybe enhancing the moody sky. Very nice image

I think this is great. I would have loved it to have been cropped just below the church and have all the church and houses near the bottom, maybe enhancing the moody sky. Very nice image
The colour alone feels cold. I, too, would like to crop out the bottom two black lines.

Funnily enough I did move closer to crop out the lines at the bottom, just needed a bit more of the sky maybe!

Cold
It looks cold and sort of warm with the warm colours in sky. I think the cropped version works it bit better.

Back