Em's 52 for 2017 - You added

You do look very comfy and cosy :D I like the first one best, beautiful sharp blue eye and great colours on the scarf :D

You do look very comfy and cosy :D I like the first one best, beautiful sharp blue eye and great colours on the scarf :D

:clap:

A beautiful portrait image. Perfect colour, sharp focus spot on the eyes. Good composition and love the tight crop too. I really have nothing negative to say about it apart than I love it. :clap:
Thank you both so much :)

I prefer the first, excellent composition and colours. When you look at this photo you are drawn to the eyes, brilliant!

I haven't checked in for a while and everything I've thought of saying has already been said on every thread I've looked at. Nevertheless, you've achieved great focus on the eyes and lovely colours. Never opposed to cross-processing but in this case I prefer the original shot.

Really good shot Emma, probably my favourite of the week. Great focus on your eyes and the colours work well together. Think I would choose the first shot as my favorite but I do like the cross processed one as well.

I prefer the first, excellent composition and colours. When you look at this photo you are drawn to the eyes, brilliant!
Thank you Mark :)

I haven't checked in for a while and everything I've thought of saying has already been said on every thread I've looked at. Nevertheless, you've achieved great focus on the eyes and lovely colours. Never opposed to cross-processing but in this case I prefer the original shot.
Thanks Nick - I think I do too.

Really good shot Emma, probably my favourite of the week. Great focus on your eyes and the colours work well together. Think I would choose the first shot as my favorite but I do like the cross processed one as well.
Thanks for your feedback Steve.

I can't choose between #1 and #2. That's one of the best selfies I've seen. The eyes are amazing. :clap::clap::clap:
Cheers Jill - that's very kind - your selfies are fantastic :)

thats a really nice pic of your cat, perfect depth of field which emphasises that stare, definitely hairy (y)

I must not comment about all the pussy shots in the threads so far,
:D

That's a really engaging stare Emma :)

Oscar definitely looks as if he means business but looks so cuddly too. Spot on focus - love that cute nose of his. Stubborn ?... .. he's male - a natural state.

Great cat portrait, very sharp and good DoF!

thats a really nice pic of your cat, perfect depth of field which emphasises that stare, definitely hairy (y)
Thanks Allan :)

:D

That's a really engaging stare Emma :)
Well you did very well holding yourself back there :D Cheers Chris :)

Oscar definitely looks as if he means business but looks so cuddly too. Spot on focus - love that cute nose of his. Stubborn ?... .. he's male - a natural state.
Lol...cuddly or sociopathic - depends on his mood :)

Great cat portrait, very sharp and good DoF!
Thanks Bernd :)

Looks a lot better in the bigger Flickr image Em, the smaller one loses the detail on here - for me anyway.

Always like a wide open shot with a bit of bokeh going on.

Great eye contact and sharpness, good dof too.
Is oscar lying down with the classic cat "i've got no leg" pose?

Lovely and sharp, well-judged DOF and the colourful backround offsets the fur wonderfully.

Loving the Hairy shot Emma. The oof background of greens shows him to his best advantage and matches his eyes :p

He seems to be giving you a 'you'll pay for this later' kind of look.

He looks very comfy too, we have an Oscar but he's a Westie, we also have an Ivy aka Tinkle, an Elvis, a Minnie, a Barbie, a Hooligan, a Banjo and last but not least Darth. :D

Looks a lot better in the bigger Flickr image Em, the smaller one loses the detail on here - for me anyway.

Always like a wide open shot with a bit of bokeh going on.
Thanks Mark - luckily he's been spending a lot of time outside lately, even in this cold weather!

Great eye contact and sharpness, good dof too.
Is oscar lying down with the classic cat "i've got no leg" pose?

Thank you Dominic - yup legs tucked under him. The wall he was on is a bit ugly so I decided to crop higher.

Lovely and sharp, well-judged DOF and the colourful backround offsets the fur wonderfully.
Thanks Nick :)

Loving the Hairy shot Emma. The oof background of greens shows him to his best advantage and matches his eyes :p

He seems to be giving you a 'you'll pay for this later' kind of look.
Oh yes - he wasn't happy to be disturbed :rolleyes:

Another super shot from you Emma ..great focus ...I find animals don't like the camera face on, so well done for getting that one.
He's not shy our Oscar that's for sure Susie :)

He looks very comfy too, we have an Oscar but he's a Westie, we also have an Ivy aka Tinkle, an Elvis, a Minnie, a Barbie, a Hooligan, a Banjo and last but not least Darth. :D
Wow - that's quite a menagerie! I'd name our 8 chickens...but the kids never even got around to naming the last three!

A couple of different takes on smooth - it's amazing how unsmooth things are once you get close with a macro lens. Ah well - that fits the wedding ring and heart I suppose - not always smooth but worth riding out the rough patches, for us anyway (I just typed that in about six different ways and they all sounded rude :D) i would have used my husband's ring too, but it won't come off any more!

Week 4 smooth by Em's TP 52 2017, on Flickr

Week 4 smooth by Em's TP 52 2017, on Flickr

Glad you've not lost your marbles :D. Nice reflections, I think they need to be central though and a little larger in the frame. Great background for them.

Second reminds me of an arty wedding shot but needs 2 rings.

(y)

Love the both these. The Smooth Marbles are my favourite. Great reflection and colours.

Glad you've not lost your marbles :D. Nice reflections, I think they need to be central though and a little larger in the frame. Great background for them.

Second reminds me of an arty wedding shot but needs 2 rings.

(y)

Like your idea for the theme, marbles being smooth as glass. Lovely reflection and spot on focus. I think a square crop may suit better.
Thanks for the feedback :) I have tried a square crop but somehow it makes the marbles look less symmetrical - I tried really hard to get them just right, but I don't think I did!

Marbles is a lovely pic Em, just slightly off centred is all.

Second would have woked with the oother ring for sure.

What did you have the marbles sat on?

Marbles is a lovely pic Em, just slightly off centred is all.

Second would have woked with the oother ring for sure.

What did you have the marbles sat on?
Thanks Mark - it seems to be a vote for a centred crop all round - so here's an edit. They were on a piece of glass, painted black on one side with a red backdrop giving the colour to it.

marbles square (1 of 1)-3.jpg

Back