Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

Cool shot, like the idea
Thanks Tilly

It's a different take for the theme and it works well. The only thing that annoys me a little bit (OCD) and I know it's how it's meant to be, but I wish everything on the display wasn't backwards.
Thanks Dominic :D, I hoped no one would spot that, I flipped it horizontally. :oops: :$

That's a brilliant idea with fantastic use of the dof to have the camera completely blurr and totally dark black background.
Thanks Stan, glad you like it.

Arch, I prefer the closer one for the theme and the distant one for the picture. Your you photo is good, and mirrors are a pain. Display, nice and sharp, but how did you do it?

Excellent idea Chris I love it, composition is spot on and the way the colours stand out against the black, a very eye catching image:clap:
Thanks Susie, glad you liked it.

Arch, I prefer the closer one for the theme and the distant one for the picture. Your you photo is good, and mirrors are a pain. Display, nice and sharp, but how did you do it?
Thanks for the catch up Clive, with "display" the camera has WiFi so the image on the phone is the camera live view, so by pointing the camera at the phone it gets an image of phone showing an image of the phone, etc.Needless to say getting it all set up and lit was a lot of trial and error.

Really clever idea, Chris :clap: I also noticed the backwards text on the display, but the idea and execution is top notch with that deep black background, super DOF and sharp details on the phone display drawing the eye straight to it.
Thanks Andrea, kicking myself that I didn't set it up the other way around rather than flipping it.

A striking image Chris ... use of light, and OOF FG camera, cool. (y)

I was quite pleased with this, more-or-less got the lights right first time, no adjustment, and realised my intention on the third shot. Really feels like I am starting to nail this lighting lark.

52-2017-bent by TheWub, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bent and strange but just clicked what it is, a clever little shot Chris with good lighting and focus :)
Thanks Dave

A very different take on the theme. Not easy to take a selfie of your own back! :)
Thanks Stan, I don't think my back bone sticks out like that through all the blubber muscle, I took the easy route and used my always-up-for-a-photo daughter :)

Nice idea for the theme Chris with a good outcome. Took me a few seconds to work out what it was

Lighting looks good, nice one for the Bent theme, but .... I know what Andy @posiview is saying. o_O

Took me ages to get a reasonable composition for this, don't really know why but I've been at it too long so this is what I have...

52-2017-Wood by TheWub, on Flickr

I like your idea for the theme Chris, it works well

Hi Chris ...an unusual choice for Bent, well done with that one, good to see something a bit different.
I know exactly what you mean about Wood ...I've just spent ages getting in the way, I mean ... wandering around, hubbys workshop! I think your choice has worked perfectly, nice crisp wood shavings and everything in focus that needs to be, I like that a lot.

Like this wood shot Chris, like how you have the chisel coming into view and the wood chips :)

I like your idea for the theme Chris, it works well

Hi Chris ...an unusual choice for Bent, well done with that one, good to see something a bit different.
I know exactly what you mean about Wood ...I've just spent ages getting in the way, I mean ... wandering around, hubbys workshop! I think your choice has worked perfectly, nice crisp wood shavings and everything in focus that needs to be, I like that a lot.

Very apt for the theme. An interesting piece of wood with a nice patterned knot. Like the added tool and cuttings with good use of dof.

Thanks all, I'm glad you like it, it makes the effort (and it was about 30 shots over two evenings) feel worthwhile. :)

Bent - very good, took me a while to get this. Not easy this selfie taking, well done:)
Wood - really like this one, very simple but the shavings and the chisel make it a very nice shot:)

Bent - very good, took me a while to get this. Not easy this selfie taking, well done:)
Wood - really like this one, very simple but the shavings and the chisel make it a very nice shot:)
Thanks Georgina, I cheated, it was actually my daughter's back. Glad you like the wood shot.

Love the compo in your wooden shot, I really do. I like the detail in the old chiseld cutting edge and the nice bot of oak.

Hi Chris,

Display - Great idea and I like the processing with the screen in focus but enough of the camera to understand what you're doing.

Bent - It took me a few moments looking at the shot to realise it was a back. I like Andy's take on this one.

Wood - I like the way you've got the tip of the chisel, the middle of the block and the most prominent curl of wood all in the same plane.

Hi Chris,

Display - Great idea and I like the processing with the screen in focus but enough of the camera to understand what you're doing.

Bent - It took me a few moments looking at the shot to realise it was a back. I like Andy's take on this one.

Wood - I like the way you've got the tip of the chisel, the middle of the block and the most prominent curl of wood all in the same plane.
Thanks for taking the time Tim, I really appreciate it.

Wood - can almost smell it. Long time since I wielded a chisel in anger.

Back