weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well a massive hello to you all, and may I say what an incredible year for me. Lets start with having seen my youngest daughter for the first time since 2007 in April, passing my driving test on the 8th of May and completing my counterbalance forklift course in June. So this year for me has been a bit busy with various activities,courses and working random hours through agency's to build up my forklift experience, so with a busy couple of years. It saw me fall by the way side in 2016 and in 2017 on my 52 challenge and generally I haven't been out much with the cameras. I am now starting to enjoy life once more, so now is the time to get back out with my cameras and start improving my skills, as I have gotten a little bit rusty. Once again I would like to thank the people who will take the time to look and offer good constructive critique on my images.

My guidelines for this year are as follows.........
  1. Complete the 52 challenge.
  2. Have fun.
  3. No jokers.
  4. Constructive commenting on other people's threads.
  5. Improve my photography.
  6. Get the best out of my camera and lenses.
  7. plenty of outdoor shots.
  8. Improve my indoor shots.
  9. To try new things.
  10. Improve my PP skills
So with my intro out the way I will now happily await the first theme for 2018.

2018 Themes

• week 0 - Round your area
  • week 1 - Gate(d)
  • week 2 - People
  • week 3 - Stark
  • week 4 - Over
  • week 5 - Age(ing)
  • week 6 - Sharp
  • week 7 - Guard(ed)
  • week 8 - Thick
  • week 9 - Abundance
  • week 10 - Heavy
  • week 11 - Wet
  • week 12 - Juxtaposition + Reshoot
  • week 13 - Oval
  • week 14 - Straight
  • week 15 - Unattractive
  • week 16 - Shadow
  • week 17 - Beautiful
  • week 18 - Low
  • week 19 - Match
  • week 20 - Music/Musical
  • week 21 - Hard
  • week 22 - Creatures
  • week 23 - Synthetic
  • week 24 - Rural
  • week 25 - Bright
  • week 26 - Elegant
  • week 27 - Derelict
  • week 28 -
  • week 29 -
  • week 30 -
  • week 31 -
  • week 32 -
  • week 33 -
  • week 34 -
  • week 35 -
  • week 36 -
  • week 37 -
  • week 38 -
  • week 39 -
  • week 40 -
  • week 41 -
  • week 42 -
  • week 43 -
  • week 44 -
  • week 45 -
  • week 46 -
  • week 47 -
  • week 48 -
  • week 49 -
  • week 50 -
  • week 51 -
  • week 52 -

Last edited:
Good start Mandy, not sure it needs the bit of water on the bottom but just personal choice I suppose, interesting row of houses

Lovely set of cottages, you are off to a good start there (y)

Im wtih Allan on the triangle of water, I find it destracts from the tidy row of cottages......

Welcome back Mandy.

Interesting info there, it's amazing to see the impact that religion had and still has on the environment.
Those cottages dating from the 14th Century still here for us to enjoy.

I wasn't sure about the inclusion of the river, but I do think it needs to be there to break up what would otherwise be dead space in the foreground.
Good start :)

Lovely row of stone cottages great choice for the theme. I love the colour tones and am glad you left the river in it adds interest to the forground

Good start Mandy, not sure it needs the bit of water on the bottom but just personal choice I suppose, interesting row of houses

Thanks for dropping by.

Lovely set of cottages, you are off to a good start there (y)

Thank you.

Im wtih Allan on the triangle of water, I find it destracts from the tidy row of cottages......

Thanks I wasn't sure about it myself to start with.

Welcome back Mandy.

Interesting info there, it's amazing to see the impact that religion had and still has on the environment.
Those cottages dating from the 14th Century still here for us to enjoy.

I wasn't sure about the inclusion of the river, but I do think it needs to be there to break up what would otherwise be dead space in the foreground.
Good start :)

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment.

Lovely row of stone cottages great choice for the theme. I love the colour tones and am glad you left the river in it adds interest to the forground

Thank you.

An interesting row of houses, are they still habitable? Agree with what others said about the river.

Thank you for taking the time to look, yes I believe that there are people living in them.

Nice shot Mandy. I quite like the river in the foreground. They look cold and grim at this time of the year too.

A great start to the 52.(n)

This almost looks like something out of Harry Potter! Great start Mandy!

Hi Mandy nice to see you back for 2018

I like your image for Around My Way I like the inclusion of the river as others have said it adds to the foregound and gives the images a nice base

Wonderful old cottages. I agree with Daniel they do look like something out of Harry Potter. Lovely tones and altogether an interesting shot.

Welcome back, Mandy, and I'm glad that you're enjoying life and ready to get out with your camera again (y) That's a really interesting old row of cottages, lots of great historical details there, and I like the way the green of the fields at the back is echoed in the roof tiles, and also the foreground interest from the river.

Nice shot Mandy. I quite like the river in the foreground. They look cold and grim at this time of the year too.

A great start to the 52.(n)

This almost looks like something out of Harry Potter! Great start Mandy!

Cottages steeped in history, I love it. (y)

Hi Mandy good to see you back for the 52, on your area is a nice shot showing the row of cottages, liking the colour of the green on the roof tiles and bit of land before but agree a crop might make it better.

Hi Mandy nice to see you back for 2018

I like your image for Around My Way I like the inclusion of the river as others have said it adds to the foregound and gives the images a nice base

Wonderful old cottages. I agree with Daniel they do look like something out of Harry Potter. Lovely tones and altogether an interesting shot.

Welcome back, Mandy, and I'm glad that you're enjoying life and ready to get out with your camera again (y) That's a really interesting old row of cottages, lots of great historical details there, and I like the way the green of the fields at the back is echoed in the roof tiles, and also the foreground interest from the river.

Many thanks for the kind comments and for taking the time to look.

I like the pic, especially as we used to live in Glos so brings back memories too :)
Did you also try the view from slightly lower down? That could have got a bit more water and avoided cropping the top off some of the trees?

I like the pic, especially as we used to live in Glos so brings back memories too :)
Did you also try the view from slightly lower down? That could have got a bit more water and avoided cropping the top off some of the trees?

I had thought about doing that, but it was just a tad wet and windy when I took that image and wasn't prepared for anything other than a quick shot. But given Bibury is only a 15 minute drive from me in Ciren so its a place I am always able to visit.

Hi Mandy, good to see you back :D

I like the little row of cottages and the river in the foreground but the weather hasn't done you any favours, definitely worth a revisit on a better day. Thats a very fancy gate and some very dramatic clouds too. Nicely done :D

Well done with your gate photo, the black gate stands out well against the background, good sky and I like that it appears to be a gate that goes nowhere.

Hi Mandy, I love your gated shot, it screams The Munsters to me for some reason.......

As others have already said, good job with the exposure capturing the detail in the gate, exposing the foreground well, yet also keeping the sky looking ominously dark.
Good to see you've kept up with the technical aspect, such as keeping the verticals vertical :)
(y) Good to see you and your images back.

nicely done, I like the framing and how the hills and the trees follow the line of the gate and fence.

Back with a bang Mandy, gate is a very good shot with the black gate and fencing against the grey sky, but you did a good job in getting the detail out of the clouds, a great start to the 52 and nicely on theme (y)(y)(y)

That's a very impressive gate and some fine details of iron/steel work. You've done a good job of balancing the exposure between the sky and the ironwork.

Hi Mandy, good to see you back :D

I like the little row of cottages and the river in the foreground but the weather hasn't done you any favours, definitely worth a revisit on a better day. Thats a very fancy gate and some very dramatic clouds too. Nicely done :D

Well done with your gate photo, the black gate stands out well against the background, good sky and I like that it appears to be a gate that goes nowhere.

Hi Mandy, I love your gated shot, it screams The Munsters to me for some reason.......

As others have already said, good job with the exposure capturing the detail in the gate, exposing the foreground well, yet also keeping the sky looking ominously dark.
Good to see you've kept up with the technical aspect, such as keeping the verticals vertical :)
(y) Good to see you and your images back.

nicely done, I like the framing and how the hills and the trees follow the line of the gate and fence.

That works Mandy, nice gate, nice composition. Good start to the year.

Thank you all so much for the very kind comments.

That's a very impressive gate, Mandy, with lots of details. With the lack of bright colours and the details in the cloudy sky, I think that might make an interesting monochrome conversion too.

Thanks, I was sat at home editing that image and i did do a version in Monochrome but I just couldn't make my mind up on what to post.

Back