Mikes tp52 2017 Week 1 Order

Edit My Images
Yes
1st time at this and i am going to try to complete as much as i can with just 2 lenses a 25mm and 45mm olympus m/43.

Another aim is not to use any images i already have but to shoot as i go.

Last edited:
Hi Mike. There's no link from the main TP52 page .. yet anyway. You need to post the "Man in the Mirror" image here as well and then link the two using the BB Code. Anyway, good take on the theme and I like the b&w processing .. makes it more dramatic I always feel.

Hi Mike. There's no link from the main TP52 page .. yet anyway. You need to post the "Man in the Mirror" image here as well and then link the two using the BB Code. Anyway, good take on the theme and I like the b&w processing .. makes it more dramatic I always feel.
Hiya thanks, i thought i had the link working so back to the drawing board lol.;)

LINKY
Thanks folks looking forward to the other themes.
This was shot with a single yongnuo 560iv flash handheld under my chin on my em1 and 25mm. 8

Last edited:
Strong dramatic image.
I'm not sure it sells "Man in the mirror" to me though, as there is nothing to obviously indicate it's a reflection.
How did you achieve the dramatic light falloff? A torch from below?

It was a handheld yongnuo 560 on 1/128 power took about 30 tries to get the reflection in the mirror centred.

Last edited:
Great selfie, doesn't shout out "man in the mirror", but the work with the speedlight you've put into the shot has paid off.

I agree the image is dramatic, the lighting is very effective and its a great shot. It would fit
the song you have chosen better if you could tell it was a reflection though.

A very clever use of scrabble Mr B
Works well and bang on theme :)

Good interpretation for the theme Mr.B. - not a healthy option in sight, now that's what I like to see.

Well thought out idea, but have to agree on the blue cast ...

Man in the mirror is suitable scary. Have to agree with Tim @LC2 ... there is nothing to obviously indicate it's a reflection.

Use of scrabble is a neat idea.

Thanks folks I think the cast comes from my nano reef lighting, I was going to correct it in lr but the mrs was chomping at the bit to get out to the shops lol.

A good idea for the theme.
I have to agree with the comments on the blue tinge and that it's a bit too tightly cropped.
It's also ever so slightly tilted down to the right (straight lines up close can be a real sod to get right.

Perhaps a re-edit when the mrs isn't on your case ;)
:exit:

Will have week 2&3 up soon playing catch up as been in Tenerife for 10 days lucky me.

Back