weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Hi, good attempt at what must be really difficult I imagine the reflections must be crazy, well done for persevering with it, it was worth it in the end

Thanks Allan, I nearly give up because of the amount of reflections.

Hi Stan. That's a stunning image. Must have taken a lot of PP effort but worth it. I don't find the reflection an issue at all - I fancy having a go at that sometime. :clap:

Cheers Carl and thanks for the good words.

Hi Stan this one really caught my eye on the page ...love it ....perfect for the theme, very well done with that one :clap:

Thanks Susie, glad you like the shot.

Hi Stan,
Some great shots in your thread :)

Special: I like the shoehorn but I think they look pretty special as well.
Despair: Eeek! You wouldn't catch me doing that! Great take on the theme (y)
Noise: It's the exhausts for me. I bet that sounds lovely:)
Envy: Good choice and I like the idea of being red with envy for some reason.
Inverse: Brilliant shot. Really works well. All the changes from black to white are perfectly in line. That must have taken a while to set up. Well done :clap:

Hi Stan,
Some great shots in your thread :)

Special: I like the shoehorn but I think they look pretty special as well.
Despair: Eeek! You wouldn't catch me doing that! Great take on the theme (y)
Noise: It's the exhausts for me. I bet that sounds lovely:)
Envy: Good choice and I like the idea of being red with envy for some reason.
Inverse: Brilliant shot. Really works well. All the changes from black to white are perfectly in line. That must have taken a while to set up. Well done :clap:

Thanks Lee for the catch up comments and all the nice words. (y)

Hi Stan. Very original shot for inverse there, I can't add much to the other comments, and as the others have said, it must've been diffficult to set it up.

Cheers Tim, I almost give up half way trying to clone out all the reflections but the actual setting up of the shot was quite simple because I know what I was after.

I think that fits the bill very nicely indeed Stan (y)

Hi Stan,

Inverse: This really jumped out at me, looks really hard to do as well, having read the other comments I must confess I also now have this on my list of shots to have a go at on a rainy evening in the winter.

Shimmer, good composition and the colours are good, would be a stunner if it was a little less grainy and a little less blurred. Worth a revisit. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Stan.
Shimmer works for me. Definitely in the top 2 of those posted so far.
I see what Brian means about the building not being in sharp focus, but I feel that may be deliberate, and if the water wasn't smoothed by the expose duration, the focal point may have been more obvious.
I could be wildly wrong too though.

Hi, interesting building and nice reflections giving the shimmer on the water

Hi Stan,

Inverse: This really jumped out at me, looks really hard to do as well, having read the other comments I must confess I also now have this on my list of shots to have a go at on a rainy evening in the winter.

Shimmer, good composition and the colours are good, would be a stunner if it was a little less grainy and a little less blurred. Worth a revisit. ;)

Hi Stan.
Shimmer works for me. Definitely in the top 2 of those posted so far.
I see what Brian means about the building not being in sharp focus, but I feel that may be deliberate, and if the water wasn't smoothed by the expose duration, the focal point may have been more obvious.
I could be wildly wrong too though.

Thanks Brian and Tim. It was quite windy last night and I only had my small travel tripod instead of the big Manfrotto with me and hence the shaky oof subject.

Shimmer, yeah, works for me. Nice blues and well composed. Pity the waves in the shore spoil the flat water.

Cheers.

Hi, interesting building and nice reflections giving the shimmer on the water

Cheers Andy and Allan. Actually it wasn't flat water but the tide was coming in and the exposure was 30 second to give the smooth flat water effect.

Hi, I like that nice movement in the water and the reflected colours of autumn, well spotted

Hi Stan. That is a beautiful image. I too like the colours and the translucence of the water in the foreground. :clap:

I saw a similar photograph recently and I do like it. Very dreamy and the colours in the reflected trees is very much to my liking.

Cheers.

Hi Had a similar idea too but decided against it thought there might be a lot of these, not the most exciting pic but on theme without doubt

Pretty much as Allan said TBH, Stan.
Nice image (y)

Hi Had a similar idea too but decided against it thought there might be a lot of these, not the most exciting pic but on theme without doubt

Pretty much as Allan said TBH, Stan.
Nice image (y)

Thanks both nevertheless but I thought I get one in and hope to get another one later of the week if the weather plays ball.

Hi Stan - I love Inverse. How brilliant is that :clap::clap::clap:

Elements - I would put that on my wall, great interpretation :clap::clap::clap:

Seasonal - spot on for the theme (y)

You are on a roll young man :D

Hi Stan. I quite like Seasonal - the fallen leaves almost form a lead-in line to the horizon. Lovely yellows & browns - the interlacing leaves would make a great image on their own.

Hi Stan. I'm agreeing with Jill on your Elements shot, that's really good and wouldn't go amis mounted on a wall.
Seasonal - Good fit for the subject matter, but perhaps a bit obvious (says he who hasn't done the his seasonal shot and ought to shut up until he has).

Hi Stan :)

Sorry behind on your thread too - so a quick catch up :)

Envy - A super bold image, I wasn't so sure on the DoF on this, but on closer inspection, getting the whole of the brand name in focus IS enough to make the image work for me, liking the composition and crop too, nice one (y)

Inverse - Very nicely done and perfect for the theme, the square crop works well too :)

Shimmer - Nice location for this theme, real nice shimmering colours in the reflection, works really well whatever it is :)

Elements - As you say very abstract, a very unusual reflection in the bottom half which to me looks like trees, but in the sea :thinking: - anyway not looking too hard into the reality of the image, I really like the streaky diagonal elements in this one (y)

Seasonal - Just how my garden was looking, damn leaves :D - Perfect for the theme, I like the low point of view you have chosen to bring the leaves into centre stage, nice autumnal colours too :)

Hi Stan,
Elements: as you say, you experimented with the shutter speed until you got what you wanted. A great idea for an image, Bravo.

Seasonal: What could be more seasonal than an autumnal scene? I like how the leaves take me around the corner, but I'm missing a point to rest my eyes upon (which may or may not be your intention BUT) that makes my eye wander all over the convoluted background and tbh that spoils the effect for me. Sorry.

Hi Stan - I love Inverse. How brilliant is that :clap::clap::clap:

Elements - I would put that on my wall, great interpretation :clap::clap::clap:

Seasonal - spot on for the theme (y)

You are on a roll young man :D

Thanks very much Jill for the nice words. For some strange reason I'm not that 100% happy with the Element shot but may get a poster print for a test run.

Hi Stan. I quite like Seasonal - the fallen leaves almost form a lead-in line to the horizon. Lovely yellows & browns - the interlacing leaves would make a great image on their own.

Hi Stan. I'm agreeing with Jill on your Elements shot, that's really good and wouldn't go amis mounted on a wall.
Seasonal - Good fit for the subject matter, but perhaps a bit obvious (says he who hasn't done the his seasonal shot and ought to shut up until he has).

Thanks Carl and Tim. It was the yellow colour of the leaves that draw my attention to take the image.

Hi Stan :)

Sorry behind on your thread too - so a quick catch up :)

Envy - A super bold image, I wasn't so sure on the DoF on this, but on closer inspection, getting the whole of the brand name in focus IS enough to make the image work for me, liking the composition and crop too, nice one (y)

Inverse - Very nicely done and perfect for the theme, the square crop works well too :)

Shimmer - Nice location for this theme, real nice shimmering colours in the reflection, works really well whatever it is :)

Elements - As you say very abstract, a very unusual reflection in the bottom half which to me looks like trees, but in the sea :thinking: - anyway not looking too hard into the reality of the image, I really like the streaky diagonal elements in this one (y)

Seasonal - Just how my garden was looking, damn leaves :D - Perfect for the theme, I like the low point of view you have chosen to bring the leaves into centre stage, nice autumnal colours too :)

Hi Stan,
Elements: as you say, you experimented with the shutter speed until you got what you wanted. A great idea for an image, Bravo.

Seasonal: What could be more seasonal than an autumnal scene? I like how the leaves take me around the corner, but I'm missing a point to rest my eyes upon (which may or may not be your intention BUT) that makes my eye wander all over the convoluted background and tbh that spoils the effect for me. Sorry.

Thanks guys for the catchup comments, much arreciated

Hi Stan ....sorry but Seasonal is lacking a bit of oomph for me, I think maybe just the leaves would have more impact.

BUT.....Elements is absolutely wonderful ...I love it ....my favourite shot of the whole year so far for me, I could definitely live with that on my wall very happily :clap::clap::clap:

Back