weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Despair: Interesting take on the subject there.
I'm going to disagree with Susie though, whilst I can see there is some height going on there, oddly it isn't setting my vertigo off. Perhaps more of the wall to the right, or something on the ground to give it size / perspective wouldhave helped?

Hi Stan

Special - We all need a shoehorn/crowbar at times in the 52, it still got you out with your camera which is the main thing for me, and it is a nice shot too, I too would love to visit there one day... happy 39th anniversary to you and Mrs rpm (y)

Chilled - Nicely cleaned Up :)

Despair - Now that's a great idea, really like the PoV and focus on your shoes, great out brings the meaning to the theme really well :)

Despair ... OOH Blimey ... Very clever idea :clap: and that OOF ground looks a long way away.

Last edited:
Great idea Stan. Maybe a wider angle would have made it more scary looking? Spot on focus and DOF.

Hi Stan. Love the inference of Despair - excellent DoF. How ever did you manage taking the image - a real knee trembler.

Hi Stan

Love the Support reshoot (landscape rather than portrait) The perspective emphasises the amount of support needed for a bridge that long (y)

Special - Love the Kelpies although I only know they are in Scotland somewhere I'd love to visit them sometime. They do indeed look Special :clap:

Despair - I agree with Susie, makes me feel dizzy and I couldn't have taken this. I do feel it is missing something though, perhaps someone below trying to talk you down

Morning, Noise, on theme, nice motion blur and I quite like the B&W. I'm struggling to get past the lower left drum, IYSWIM, but it does add context.

Reshoot, rem,ined me of Darth Vader :) Nice angle, I'd like it to pop a little more, though.

Cheers.

Noise ... on theme, although it looks like the drummer knows what he's doing, so nice noise. Hard to find a focus point.

The bike ... I liked that first time round. ;) Again, nice Noise, I'm sure.

Morning, Noise, on theme, nice motion blur and I quite like the B&W. I'm struggling to get past the lower left drum, IYSWIM, but it does add context.

Reshoot, rem,ined me of Darth Vader :) Nice angle, I'd like it to pop a little more, though.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, my original intention was to take a static image of the drum set but thought it doesn't really convey noise.

it looks like the drummer knows what he's doing

Cheers David, very kind of you but it's me playing the drums but I am no drummer or can play any kind of musical instruments. My son can though.

Hi Stan. Yeah like you say, the blur conveys Noise - well done on that. As for Sound, nice PoV - would make a good abstract.

Hi, nice movement in the sticks, can't say that drums aren't noisy very fitting for the theme

Noise: Clearly a good subject for the theme. As David also said, it's a bit difficult to find a spot for your eyes to rest upon, and I find myself looking at the back wall... I suppose that's the downside of the deliberate blur :thinking: I wonder if a different angle would have helped?

A small shoehorn needed this week, opposite colour to the old sayings of green with envy. There aren’t many green Porsches about and finding one to photography is even more difficult. Yes, I know the colour can easily be changed in PS but where’s the fun in that.

Week 40 – Red with Envy

Hi, like Andy would have liked the whole badge to be in focus, nice take on the theme, I think the shoehorn will be required a lot this week :)

I don't mind it being red at all. I'd like the whole badge to be in focus but, envy indeed :)

Cheers.

Hi, like Andy would have liked the whole badge to be in focus, nice take on the theme, I think the shoehorn will be required a lot this week :)

Thanks guys, my thoughts behind the shallow dof is to just focus the name which some do envy rather than the whole badge being sharp.

But cheers for the comments.

Oh yes, I could be envious of that Stan. Love the expanse of red and the focus on the word Porche.

Red works well for the theme (y) ... I too would rather the whole badge was in focus, I think. :thinking:

Oh yes, I could be envious of that Stan. Love the expanse of red and the focus on the word Porche.

Cheers Carl.

Red works well for the theme (y) ... I too would rather the whole badge was in focus, I think. :thinking:

Thanks David.

If time permits I'll try to find another red Porsche for a reshoot of the badge.

I see what you were doing there and you got it so well done, I can't help thinking what it would have looked like with the focus on the badge and the P word barely legible? But then I always did have a thing for being teased lol.

Last edited:
Hey Stan, I'd seen this done before so thought I'd give it a go the other day ... I soon lost interest, too many too much light reflection. But here you've handled it beautifully. :clap:

Hey Stan, I'd seen this done before so thought I'd give it a go the other day ... I soon lost interest, too many too much light reflection. But here you've handled it beautifully. :clap:

Thanks David. I know what you mean about reflections I've tried all kind of idea trying to eliminate them in camera but still ended up doing a lot of pp work.

Hi, good attempt at what must be really difficult I imagine the reflections must be crazy, well done for persevering with it, it was worth it in the end

Hi Stan. That's a stunning image. Must have taken a lot of PP effort but worth it. I don't find the reflection an issue at all - I fancy having a go at that sometime. :clap:

Back