weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Hi Stan ....sorry but Seasonal is lacking a bit of oomph for me, I think maybe just the leaves would have more impact.

BUT.....Elements is absolutely wonderful ...I love it ....my favourite shot of the whole year so far for me, I could definitely live with that on my wall very happily :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the feedback, Susie.

Seasonal; needs must for the moment and still hoping for a different shot later but weather isn't looking promising.

Elements; many thanks for the nice words. (y)

Hi Stan. I wondered momentarily about a full moon too. This is a really nice shot - classic clean lines. Prefer the colour version with it's rich red colour.

Seasonal ... that's seasonal and I like the POV .... I will get my seasonal shot tomorrow and it'll probably be something quite similar.

Full ... looks half empty to me :cautious: ... love the first one, such glorious colour, the whole thing's so clean & sharp. (y)

Reactions: rpn
Full ... looks half empty to me
The glass is just too damned big :D

Nice image Stan, I'm not totally convinced by the "part reflection" though.

I prefer the colour one (y)

Last edited:
Hi Stan. I wondered momentarily about a full moon too. This is a really nice shot - classic clean lines. Prefer the colour version with it's rich red colour.

Thanks Carl, after my last glass shot (Inverse), with loads of pp work to get rid of reflections, I wasn't too keen to take another one. But short of idea I thought I'll give it another go. Some help were needed from the internet and at last ended up with this one with minimal pp work.

Seasonal ... that's seasonal and I like the POV .... I will get my seasonal shot tomorrow and it'll probably be something quite similar.

Full ... looks half empty to me :cautious: ... love the first one, such glorious colour, the whole thing's so clean & sharp. (y)

Thanks David and thanks to Youtube too :)

The glass is just too damned big :D

Nice image Stan, I'm not totally convinced by the "part reflection" though.

I prefer the colour one (y)

Thanks Chris, well spotted and yes it's not an actual reflection but another glass turned up-side-down for that 'perfect' reflection shot. A trick I learned from the Internet.

I started with red wine but found it too dark so I used water with food colourings but the wine went down well though. :beer::wideyed:

Thanks Chris, well spotted and yes it's not an actual reflection but another glass turned up-side-down for that 'perfect' reflection shot. A trick I learned from the Internet.
Actually I meant the full reflection may have been better, ( or none) TBH I never noticed (until you mentioned) that it was another glass :D

but the wine went down well though. :beer::wideyed:
Waste not want not (y)

:D

Love this Stan, the colour one that is ;) great idea using another glass for the 'reflection'. It's not a very big glass though compared to what you get here ;)

More like a large 3\4 full glass for less than €2 :D

Hi definitely the colour one, a nice sharp image the red colour makes it for me

Hi Stan,

Shimmer: I really like this - plenty of shimmer in there (y)
Element: Cracking shot. Lovely colours and perfect exposure for me :)
Seasonal: I like the idea but I think I would have liked a closer crop to the fallen leaves.
Full: The colour shot is an absolute belter :clap:

Really like your half-full shot Stan - I wish I could get a shot of a glass as good as that, I always seem to find unwanted reflections all over the place. Prefer the colour version and what a good idea with the upturned glass!

For this week I must say a BIG thanks to my colleague Chris to allow me to take this shot. In fact I asked another but older smoker first but for some strange reasons he just refused point-blank NO. His excuses are that the image would ended up in Facebook or other web sites and I told him I don't even have a FB account and your face is not even in the image so nobody would know anyway. Yes some people are just weird and strange! :cautious: (n)

Week 46 - (Bad) Habit

Nice focus on the hand Tim and excellent composition. Like the smoke trails. Good take on the theme.

Nice focus on the hand Tim and excellent composition. Like the smoke trails. Good take on the theme.

Thanks Carl. Tim???

Yeah I like that too, not sure what the curve in the background is, but think the DoF and good focus just takes away from it enough, real good detail, like the B&W and the composition is real good too (y)

Cheers Dean, the curve is the corner of a concrete post.

Hi, works well for the theme would like the concrete not to be there but thats a bit picky as i do like it

I agree with everyone else Tim Stan :D
Nicely composed, slots right in there under habit B&W suits the theme too (y)

Hi, works well for the theme would like the concrete not to be there but thats a bit picky as i do like it

Thanks Allan, I've tried different viewpoint background and they either be boring grey concrete which doesn't show off the smoke trails or distracting parked cars.

Hi Stan ...excellent choice for the theme...I really like the composition and the choice of black and white, another week ticked of nicely :)

I agree with everyone else Tim Stan :D
Nicely composed, slots right in there under habit B&W suits the theme too (y)

Cheers Susie and Chris. :D

Fags! I kicked the Habit more than ten years ago, but what better subject for the theme!

Nice focus with nice DoF, and I like to see the smoke against the black BG. (y)

Back