weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Hi Susie.

Vivid - A nice rainbow full of colours, though maybe a bit pastel. Give it a boost ;)
Large - Both work. Whilst I do like the second shot, with it's low perspective, I think you're right about your choice of #1. It screams professional.
Architecture - Very clever take on the theme (y)
Smoke - Excellent dramatic portrait. That should be on a mantelpiece somewhere.

Thank you Tim, much appreciate you looking in :)

Another quick catch-up from me after missing a few weeks and the usual great selection of images from you, Susie :) I love the clever simplicity of Hold - well spotted! - and the fabulous bold and bright colours of the spiral in Vivid, both images for Large work well for the theme and I think my favourite is the second one, with the POV showing how the plant is reaching for the sky. Another strong image and different take on the theme for Architecture, and I like the contrasting colours of the spiders' bodies and the green background, while your low key image for Smoke suits B&W and is a restful, calm scene with the smoke leading towards the window. A really good selection (y)

Thank you Andrea, much appreciated ...I seem to catch up one minute and be behind the next too!

Ewwwe Susie, now that's a creepy shot for Architecture, a very clever idea I must say though, that second one makes me itch :D

Smoke - now that is a cracker, great lighting and the B&W is spot on, what a great character for the theme too, and a spot on composition too, now that is a keeper, love it :clap: (y)

Thank you DK ...yes my father in law certainly is a character, very set in his ways, but then he's entitled to be at 94 :)

Am I on catch up again !!! ...where is all this time going :thinking::runaway:

BROKEN ...I spotted this broken frieze at Hidcote when we were up in the Midlands last week.

Broken TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Couldn't decide between these two for TRANSPORT, I did the toys, then I spotted the Lego carefully crafted by my grandson :) so I took that too.

Transport TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Transport TP2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

All on theme Susie though I am not sure out of the two transport shots which I prefer they both have their merits, I would perhaps crop a little of the right and top of the first to get rid of the box

I like the #1 for transport. Lots of colours and lots of transport type of vehicles.

Broken works ... exposed wood grain. (y)

Couple of nice Transport vehicles there ... Shredded Wheat lorry, Vimto bus ... I see potential. ;)

Broken leaves me wondering how just that part of the freeze came to be broken, well seen and bang on theme.

#2 transport for me, takes me back to when my son was making things like that, nicely caught

At first I didn't see where the frieze was broken! Well spotted!

Transport #1 looks a bit busy to me, but I like #2 with the sword wielding driver!

Well spotted for the break in the frieze Susie; really had to search for it:) #2 for me for transport with a clearer story and lovely colours.

All on theme Susie though I am not sure out of the two transport shots which I prefer they both have their merits, I would perhaps crop a little of the right and top of the first to get rid of the box

I like the #1 for transport. Lots of colours and lots of transport type of vehicles.

Well spotted on the broken shot Susie :)
Transport, got to be the #2 for me. Like it as the colours go well with the grass :)

Good find for Broken Susie, it's amazing what you see when you have your photographers head on.
#2 for Transport, #1 is just too busy, whereas #2 has a story.

Broken works ... exposed wood grain. (y)

Couple of nice Transport vehicles there ... Shredded Wheat lorry, Vimto bus ... I see potential. ;)

Broken; well spotted and I wasn't too sure initially but on closer look, I then spotted the theme connection.

Transport; like both and for obviously reason just prefer the Lego creation by your grandson.

Broken leaves me wondering how just that part of the freeze came to be broken, well seen and bang on theme.

#2 transport for me, takes me back to when my son was making things like that, nicely caught

At first I didn't see where the frieze was broken! Well spotted!

Transport #1 looks a bit busy to me, but I like #2 with the sword wielding driver!

Well spotted for the break in the frieze Susie; really had to search for it:) #2 for me for transport with a clearer story and lovely colours.

Thank you so much all, I'm on my way home from London and trying to catch up. Much appreciate you all looking in and commenting :)

Hi Susie, hope you had a good time in London.

Broken - as others have said you did well spotting it. Not sure if I would prefer it with the black section cropped off the bottom.
Transport - I like #1, reminds me of the pile of cars that my son used to have out constantly.

Hi Susie, at last getting round to some comments! I too can't believe how fast the weeks go by :eek:

Architecture - Great idea for the theme and very brave giving them a prod. I know they are tiny but still creepy:) The colours are great and a nice bit of bokeh too :)
Smoke - Great portrait, love how the light from the window highlights the hands, face and the smoke.
Transport - I like both of these but will go for the box of toys, only thing I might have done is crop it slightly to cut off the sides of the box

Hi Susie, hope you had a good time in London.

Broken - as others have said you did well spotting it. Not sure if I would prefer it with the black section cropped off the bottom.
Transport - I like #1, reminds me of the pile of cars that my son used to have out constantly.

Thanks Steve ...I had a brilliant time ..my grandaughter has finished at Uni now so that's the end of my trips :(

Hi Susie, at last getting round to some comments! I too can't believe how fast the weeks go by :eek:

Architecture - Great idea for the theme and very brave giving them a prod. I know they are tiny but still creepy:) The colours are great and a nice bit of bokeh too :)
Smoke - Great portrait, love how the light from the window highlights the hands, face and the smoke.
Transport - I like both of these but will go for the box of toys, only thing I might have done is crop it slightly to cut off the sides of the box

Thanks Georgina for you comments much appreciated. ..yes, time flies, I just found five minutes to catch up myself.

:agree: great take on the theme, enough detail but only what is needed and very well captured :clap:

Hey Susie, I mossied your broken - I really like that the far right hand figure is the only one damaged as it is so subtle. nicely spotted.

Your Minimal is this weeks winner for me, I trully love that. Everything about it is spot on - great job !

Excellent Susie :clap:

Thanks Allan.

:agree: great take on the theme, enough detail but only what is needed and very well captured :clap:

Thank you Chris.

Hey Susie, I mossied your broken - I really like that the far right hand figure is the only one damaged as it is so subtle. nicely spotted.

Your Minimal is this weeks winner for me, I trully love that. Everything about it is spot on - great job !

Thank you Mark ...funny how sometimes things go just right, probably one of the quickest I've done but thankfully it's turned out okay.

I'm not a big fan of frames and text in photos... But that is a great shot, great processing, and nothing to criticise (apart from the frame and text :))

WOW what a cracker of a shot, enough said (y)(y)(y)

Minimalistic - Briliant!

I'm not a big fan of frames and text in photos... But that is a great shot, great processing, and nothing to criticise (apart from the frame and text :))

That's very lovely susie and minimalistic. :clap:

Thank you very much folks, it was just one of those that went right.

@brrnd sorry you didn't like the frame :) I just think when using a white background it gives it a bit of a lift on the page o_O

Last edited:
Excellent for the theme, works really well in B&W. I like the frame and the text too :D

Lovely high key shot for Minimalistic, Susie. Lots of details, and although they can be Marmite I think the frame and text work well with this to 'enclose' all the white space.

Thank you Andrea:)
lego... HAS to be lego (y) ...

Minimalistic is such a great shot, tied with processing i had to like it

Aww thank you SS much appreciate you hopping by.

Excellent for the theme, works really well in B&W. I like the frame and the text too :D

Thank you Georgina:)

Last edited:
Welcome back Susie :wave:, I think them there bees are wasps nice find, I see from "pleasure" where you have been for the last few weeks image wise needs a lift its little dark
Ant and the frog both well captured really like the ant pic
You grow grapes? very good it seems like a lot of hard work whenever I have looked it up and they look like fine examples
nice conversion to B+W for graceful
That strawberry is very strange some kind of fungus/mould I take it

good to see you back :banana:

Welcome back Susie, and with a great set too. Like the wasps and that you got the faces too. Pleasure is my top choice, yes it is dark but the viewer can see the glasses on the table quite easy, like the lights, just a shame about the chair. Tiny is a good clear shot of the ants. Face of the frog, lovely little things they are and you caught it well. Agriculture very nice for home grown grapes. Graceful would be my 2nd choice as I think it is a lovely shot with a nice BG. Fruit, strawberry with a beard lol, a cracking catch up from you Susie (y)(y)(y)

Great catch up Susie; welcome back. Graceful is the pick for me, you've caught the theme perfectly and the B&W works really well. Love the detail in the wasps too.:):)

susie's back :banana:

I think the bees are some sort of hoverfly ... great find, great colour contrast and detail.

Pleasure ... I like, B&W decadent glitter.

Tiny, Face, Graceful ... all good stuff.

Agriculture ... real nice ambient natural lighting feel.

Fruit ... extraordinary! :clap:

Last edited:
fury strawberry, what on earth is it :D
- dredges memory banks on plant pathology from over 35 years ago - probably - Botrytis cinerea - grey mould (starts white and black spores turn it grey) - is same fungus that infects grapes and makes some of the great sweet dessert wines,

Back