weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

Really like you minimalist shot, nice tones in the water and a good reflection.

Great photo, really like your soft tones in the water and the reflection. It's reproducible given the right weather conditions, so it's acceptable to use a (recent) archive photo :)

Transport - simply a beautiful river shot. Wonderful!

Minimalist - another great shot, tho I think I may have preferred the pipe a little more vertical, still a lovely shot tho.

Hi Donna, I've missed your thread up to now - probably due to getting behind a couple of times and catching up again - so I've just looked through and picked out my favourites so far. Aiming to stay up to date now :)

Order was a really strong start with those figures and the shallow DOF and clean background, Whole and Routine are both super ideas and really well executed, I really like Above with those strong lines above and the details in the ground below, and it is perfect for B&W. Hold is a cracking doggy portrait with direct eye contact and those eyes saying 'sorry', Vivid works well with the bright pink background but also some contrasting (and delicious looking!) foreground items, and Minimalist works well with the smooth water and rusty colours of the pipe.

Hope you're soon recovered from your fall!

Hi catching up again :) I like the flowers at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, makes for a bit of a different view point. The boats look lovely on the water with all the reflections and I love the tower in the water for minimalistic, it looks so serene. I hope you elbow is feeling better, that must have been very painful!

Week 23 Progress
Sorry for the long delay, arm still in sling (but no longer in a cast due to pinning, yay!) and can't drive, but trying to catch up. I can still take photos with my phone, so there is no excuse...

I was going to photograph L plates on my car, as my son is learning to drive, but just couldn't get the artistic juices flowing on that. But this happened to me this morning, someone used my photo on Instagram - don't know if I should feel flattered that someone wants to use my picture (without crediting me) and that they had cropped the picture to a square which removed my copyright watermark, but the progress is that I picked up on it and at least have my name to it now.
BTW this brings me on to my watermarking, I appreciate it may not detract from a picture, however at least it gives me a little satisfaction that it can be marginally harder to re-use the picture.
progress.jpg

Week 24 - Pleasure
Gotta love the chocolates, although I work selling handmade chocolates, the part of eating them is definitely pleasure
Taken with my phone and edited with Instagram apppleasure.jpg

Week 25 - Tiny
And finally catching up, I did manage to dust off the camera and use it. It was such a fantastic building in a university, and being late Friday afternoon there was hardly anyone there, so managed to just catch a picture of one tiny person in the frame

Social Media-6296.jpg

Last edited:
Good catch up Donna, I don't envy you trying to do this with a broken arm. I'd take someone copying your image as flattery, lots of pleasure in the box of chocs and the tiny photo is great for the theme, real sense of scale

Great catch up, tiny is the one that stands out for me. Great colours, interesting PoV, great sense of symmetry and a real sense of scale with that one person sitting there (y)

Love your Tiny ... great find, fab colour and tilt. (y)

Week 26 - Saving 'Face'
My daughter is off to prom tonight and I was given another rare opportunity to take her photo - of course I wanted something a little different... (and had this weeks topic in mind!)
0J6A6318small.jpg

Hi Donna,
Progress - Can't argue with the logic behind this one. Nice photo too.
Pleasure - Not sure if it's my monitor, but it looks a bit washed out when compared to the other shots in your thread.
Mind you, you may have had to rush to take the shot before they all disappeared ;)
Tiny - Works nicely. I had a play to see if a TS effect would work (as it's shot from above) and whilst you do get a more model appearance, you lose "the model" (or at least I did), so I think your edit works better than my mucking about with it.
Face - Made me chuckle that did :) As you're injured I'm going to let you off the evidently quick edit of the head under your daughter's arm.:coat:

Hi Donna,
Progress - Can't argue with the logic behind this one. Nice photo too.
Pleasure - Not sure if it's my monitor, but it looks a bit washed out when compared to the other shots in your thread.
Mind you, you may have had to rush to take the shot before they all disappeared ;)
Tiny - Works nicely. I had a play to see if a TS effect would work (as it's shot from above) and whilst you do get a more model appearance, you lose "the model" (or at least I did), so I think your edit works better than my mucking about with it.
Face - Made me chuckle that did :) As you're injured I'm going to let you off the evidently quick edit of the head under your daughter's arm.:coat:

Thanks for comments
Pleasure was taken with phone and the washout was put on with instagram effects - in hindsight maybe not the best subject for this effect.
Tiny - I've not really played with TS as I never think I have the right picture, not to self to try this
Face - it's amazing what a broken elbow can get me way with ;). Actually I didn't realize she hadn't put her arm right round to give me a cut off point and wasn't really sure what to do with it (I can really only do the basics in PS)

Agree with Dave, great sky with the different types of clouds. It's also a good contrast of colours (y). If i was being picky, I'd like to see more of the orange barn :)

I think there is enough in the grass and barn for the theme and the nice big open space and great sky make for a good photo I think

Minimalistic agriculture, like this shot Donna. A great blue sky and a orange thingy, really is a nice shot (y)
My sentiments exactly - an orange thingy (think it was some sort of trailer of feed/fertilizer
Agree with Dave, great sky with the different types of clouds. It's also a good contrast of colours (y). If i was being picky, I'd like to see more of the orange barn :)
Yep, agreed, but it was as close as I could get
I think there is enough in the grass and barn for the theme and the nice big open space and great sky make for a good photo I think
thanks
OOoo very nice Donna, I like that you have such a tall sky even though it is less important for the theme title, I think it gives the agriculture a true sense of scale and vastness, cool shot (y)
My theory is that you need lots of the blue stuff for agriculture and crops to thrive... (nothing to do with a fence in front of me that I just didn't want in the picture)
As DK says, less is more. it works really well because you've got the right light and sky.
(y)
thanks

Last edited:
Big sky works well, but Im not sure whether the green land wants to be horizontal ?

Amazing shot that. Shows typical beautiful british countryside which I loved so much during rideouts on my bikes :)

... well captured moment indeed. Man learning to fly.

Week 29 - Fruits

I had this great idea of pouring yogurt over the fruits, and although it was a great idea, my son who was pouring the yogurt was a really bad shot and it went everywhere! Hence a photo before this was poured.
Social Media-6852.jpg

Looks very tasty, colours blend together extremly well. The air craft gliding through the air would certainly be graceful.

some great pictures since my last visit looks Like you had a good time in france and sorry to read about your injury.
I rather like your minimalistic shot and your face composition is fun. I had a screen of blue sky before I got to the
agriculture in you shot but I quite like it a letter box crop might work too. I like your graceful, good timing to catch the
gentleman off the ground and Fruit looks very tasty.

Back