weekly 2017 Bearair 52

No image?

Thanks people, I think I have got the linky thing sorted, which was worrying me much more than the photo!

Good muted lighting that suits the subject and a nice compo to go with that song title. .

Good composition fits the song well, the dim lighting has good effect

Thank you all for your kind remarks.

Ideally I wanted a touch more light from the glass, but when I exposed for that, the "cocaine" was just a bright white blob, At the moment I only have an ipad for viewing and processing, a good computer is next on the acquisition list. I would be very pleased if anyone can suggest how I could of got the exposure exactly as I wanted.

The other thing I am unsure of is whether I should of moved back a bit to get the blade in focus and then cropped. I thought the out of focus blade added to the sleaziness, now I am not so sure.

Opinions welcome.

I really like it as it is. Very dark and moody and the out of focus blade does add a certain sleaziness to the photo. Good start to the challenge!

Excellent song choice and as clear an interpretation as you'll get without having a portrait shot of Pablo Escobar himself. Look forward to seeing what you come up with this year.

Good start to your challenge! Well composed and good light.

Last edited:
As in Law & Order. Spot on theme and nicely different interpretation. (Hopefully your presence at the Police Station was not by "invitation" and that you will be around for Week 2)

Last edited:
Good idea for the theme, nicely captured. Having the copper walking across the yard really adds to it. Don't know why but I'd of been a bit wary of photographing a police station.

Good interpretation - I wouldn't have thought of it. Good interest in the shot with the officer too.

Ah yes that is a clever take on the theme !!! - you did well to get the shot, shooting outside police stations is a bit risky nowadays :)

You are all correct about shooting outside a police station they are a bit touchy about it! The policeman came out to "have a word with me". I was very polite offered to let him see the images and explained exactly what I was doing. I did not start spouting about my rights like I might of done 10 years ago and he knew me from an incident in town where I had helped a female copper out a few years ago. He still took my name, address and checked the car reg. Interestingly it was not the coppers in the station who were bothered but someone at a more central unit that had seen me on the CCTV. We ended up having a long chat and putting the world to rights and we had a chuckle about my song title theme from last week! Then he let me take his picture, I hope it isn't too posed! All good fun and spiced up a boring Sunday morning.

Even better with the story with it. A very good effort I'd say and a different interpretation. Well done.

That's a different take on the theme - you fitted a lot into it too!
As in Law & Order. Spot on theme and nicely different interpretation. (Hopefully your presence at the Police Station was not by "invitation" and that you will be around for Week 2)

Good idea for the theme, nicely captured. Having the copper walking across the yard really adds to it. Don't know why but I'd of been a bit wary of photographing a police station.

Good interpretation - I wouldn't have thought of it. Good interest in the shot with the officer too.

Nice idea and spot on theme. I thought the inclusion of the policeman adds some extra interest to the shot rather than just static objects (cars).

Works well for the theme Roger ....I like the fact you've included the actual police station entrance.

Very good take and on theme, the copper does make it that more great too :)

Sorry I meant to reply to everyone's comments but screwed up the +quote function so i was only replying to Dark Knght!

I went to the police station to get all the police cars lined up outside, Sunday morning is the only time this happens as police come from all over Cornwall to deal with the Stag and Hen parties we get in town. The shot was really boring and I was going to try another idea, until the copper came over!

Thank you all for your comments.

Last edited:
Cocaine ...looks a bit messy, wasteful ... but top idea.

Order ... another good idea for the theme, well captured.

You are all correct about shooting outside a police station they are a bit touchy about it! The policeman came out to "have a word with me". I was very polite offered to let him see the images and explained exactly what I was doing. I did not start spouting about my rights like I might of done 10 years ago and he knew me from an incident in town where I had helped a female copper out a few years ago. He still took my name, address and checked the car reg. Interestingly it was not the coppers in the station who were bothered but someone at a more central unit that had seen me on the CCTV. We ended up having a long chat and putting the world to rights and we had a chuckle about my song title theme from last week! Then he let me take his picture, I hope it isn't too posed! All good fun and spiced up a boring Sunday morning.
Very lucky they let you, they do their best and we have to appreciate their concerns in most matters :)

Very lucky they let you, they do their best and we have to appreciate their concerns in most matters :)

Yes, I have had my disagreements with a couple in the past, but 99% are top people doing a bloody hard job without proper resources. If he had wanted me to stop or remove the images I would of done so.

Great idea, and I like a bit of street.

Back