weekly Clives TP 52 2017 Week 51 Festive

Contrast ... great idea, not sure you chose the best day for it tho.

Ewe ... hahah ... nice close up, low pov and olde look.

Arch ... interesting perspective

Hi Clive,

Contrast - Good idea. Not quite symmetrical, so perhaps I would have made a point of being off centre.
Is there a green cast to the image? (could be light through trees I guess).

You - Chuckle. I was thinking of doing that. It needs more contrast as it feels washed out. Good piece of eye contact though (y)

Arch - Like Sirch, I feel a bit of a green cast has crept in. (ETA - just seen your comment about editing on the tablet).

Hi Clive.

Occupation - BLimey, Dave has a good memory 9regarding the tablet). He's right, ther eis a bit of a green cast, but you know, it's a garden, so green seems appropriate :)
I'm going to mutter about off vertical verticals though Clive!

Wood - I like the details in #2, but the colour of the sky in #1. On balance, #1 wins through for me.

I really like your second image for display Clive

Yay, he's back :) Very apt to have your shot for 'walled' as the point to climb back down off of DK's Wall ;)

Walled - Er... Edited on the tablet again? It feels very green on my display (which admittedly is only calibrated using the built in windows calibration and nothing professional). If you have a chance to have a re-edit at it, I would be tempted to lower the saturation overall, but then mask off the wall and leave that vibrant to make it pop perhaps.

Display - Colours are bang on, on this one :) #2 for me as the dolls are so much more the focal point, whereas in #1 is it the star, or the snowman?
I guess we can let you off Christmas now it's December ;)

Colour - Nicely vibrant and spot on for colourful. Good use of complimentary colours.

Hi Clive, 3 nice subjects for the themes, I must say for walled there is certainly a horrid colourcast that needs sorting... my pick of your shots is tough, I like the vivid colours in Colour but the subject matter of the Christmas displays, Hmmmm guessing I should go with the festive images :)

Hi Clive, 3 nice subjects for the themes, I must say for walled there is certainly a horrid colourcast that needs sorting... my pick of your shots is tough, I like the vivid colours in Colour but the subject matter of the Christmas displays, Hmmmm guessing I should go with the festive images :)
I thought you were going to go all bah humbug on me[emoji2]

Last edited:
poinsettia looks nice (y) ... but Display looks and odd dirty grey and Walled is OTT green. A technical hitch perhaps?

Walled is very green for me too, but it's a really nice composition with the wall leading up to the church. With the colours tweaked this would make a really nice image.

I like the second of the display images - they do say three's work don't they?

Poinsettia is certainly colourful!

I also have been struggling to catch up - keep at it - we're nearly there!

Nice decorations Clive. I think on balance I prefer the second one; the first seems over warm, the red lights perhaps. second is crisp and cold, very effective colour contrasts. Good find

Nice decorations Clive. I think on balance I prefer the second one; the first seems over warm, the red lights perhaps. second is crisp and cold, very effective colour contrasts. Good find
Thanks, the red was from colour changing overhead led lighting, I've got it in green and blue too.

Weather

You've certainly caught what the weather conditions are in this shot.
The buildings on the left seem to be leaning to the left.

Well done Clive getting to 52.. but do I take it u still have 6 to post?? If so I'm sure you'll make it. Got the makings of a Dutch angle going on in weather....just need to give it more dip.. (y)

The umbrellas in weather really make the photo a good take on the theme and the mural is an excellent find for worn.

Back