weekly Hertsmans 52 for 2017 Rustic,Festive, weather added-and DONE !

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
So, the start of my first real 52. Lokking forward to it a lot.

I look at all the submissions on the thread and tend to only comment if I feel I have something to say - dont think Im dissing you by not posting on your thread.
Looks like a lot of new faces signed up for 2017, so I look forward to everyones renditions of the themes.

Lets go......

Sales would have peaked around this time of the year. Good composition Mark .. .like the scrunched up sachet and well exposed to show the inside the packet.

Sales would have peaked around this time of the year. Good composition Mark .. .like the scrunched up sachet and well exposed to show the inside the packet.

Thanks Carl, it didnt quite come out how I had it my head, but I think thats the joys of 52s!

Not the most inspired composition in my opinion, but definitely bang on theme :)

I don't know a lot of Frank Turner's work, but listening to the video you linked it is classic Frank.
Very on theme for your chosen theme, and apt for this time of year.
I do like the way you've focused on the wrappers, giving the water a bleary eyed appearance.

Hi Mark and welcome back :wave:

Recovery is definitely the theme for January and the shot fits. My only crit would have been to try a different background as it overpowers the pic a little and makes the glass look a little skewed.

Haaa they never come out how we plan them in our heads :D
Isnt that the truth!

A nice crisp clear image to kick start the 2017 challenge with, looking forward to seeing how your thread progresses.

Nice start, perfect fit to your chosen songs. Spot on focus and well-lit image.

Yep - definitely the song and the shot for yesterday :whistle:

Spot on for your song choice Mark, you've really captured the writing well, lovely and clear, I didn't realise Alka Seltzer was Asprin, you learn something new every day :)

Thanks all....

Not the most inspired composition in my opinion, but definitely bang on theme :)
No, I know...Im pretty disppointed with it overall tbh. Looked waaay better in head.

Hi, on theme.

WB might be a little off.

Welcome back.

Cheers.
I think thats more down to trying to warm it up a tad too much in LR.

I don't know a lot of Frank Turner's work, but listening to the video you linked it is classic Frank.
Very on theme for your chosen theme, and apt for this time of year.
I do like the way you've focused on the wrappers, giving the water a bleary eyed appearance.

Thanks Tim, the blurriness is caused by all the bubbles bursting at the top and me not using a fast enough shutter!

Hi Mark and welcome back :wave:

Recovery is definitely the theme for January and the shot fits. My only crit would have been to try a different background as it overpowers the pic a little and makes the glass look a little skewed.

Agree on all tbh... I did try to square it up, but then the top of the glass looked wrong.Not a good submission generally.

Nice idea just not sure you have it, this seems a little flat, works for the theme though

Hi Mark

yes glass looks a little squiffy ... nice idea.

Struggled to come up with soemthing origianl for this one....

Anyways...

In the name of the Law - I ORDER you to stop !

Order by Mark P, on Flickr

Very well put together, made me smile. I think having him running out of the frame adds a sense of escaping

Both image bang on their respective themes. Love the lego figures (y)

Love it Mark. Really made me smile in the morning gloom. I like the slightly oof background, it focusses the eye on the action.

Excellent idea and execution Mark ... very original thinking. I like the mix with reality.

The Lego and the unfocused BG fit together well. Nice work. :clap:

hahaha Love this, the copper shouting out his order, but I like the oof bloke at the atm in the bg :)

Week 1 a fun take on the theme, and the image is pin sharp my crit is I feel there should be a bit more space for the lego man running away from the copper to run into.

Very well put together, made me smile. I think having him running out of the frame adds a sense of escaping

Hahaaa that is great, love these type of shots, well set up Mark :)

:) I love this one .... I really must try something like this, a super original idea, a great first week Mark.

Haha - that's great :) The robber is positioned well for me , too.

Both image bang on their respective themes. Love the lego figures (y)

Love it Mark. Really made me smile in the morning gloom. I like the slightly oof background, it focusses the eye on the action.

Excellent idea and execution Mark ... very original thinking. I like the mix with reality.

The Lego and the unfocused BG fit together well. Nice work. :clap:

I like the composition of the lego vs real life, and this would be a safer way to shoot the police than @Bearair's adventure.
I want to see a bag marked "swag".

THANKS everyone.....after a disapppointing week 0, it looks like I hit the spot with this one....
Funny, as I only came up with the idea on Wednesday evening and knocked it out. Took about 10 shots using OCF to get the lighting right, and Im about 85% happy with this.
Ive been meaning to get into doing the Lego figures stuff as it makes me and others smile, so the other half bought me some for xmas...
Biggest issue with me being the only child in the house is a lack of props to use them with - hence the idea of using my ipad as a background....
This wont be the last time you see thse guys here , trust me....

Great and funny submission, I assume the background is a picture of a Barclays branch and not a window?

Week 0 - Like the idea and on theme but as others have said the background doesn't work for me and I think a lower perspective might also of worked better.

Week 1 - like the shot and the compo but might be tried to lift the shadows on the figures thou.

Back