weekly Minx 52 for 2018

Good photo of the sculpture lost of detail and it stands out well against the sky.

Thanks All for you lovely comments. I don't remember the sky being blue while we were out and about but all my pictures but one at this location have a blue sky the one that doesn't was from the other side of the propeller into the sun so it was silhouetted sadly I accidentally renamed another picture to its label and lost that one.

Welcome back Minx. (y)

Good detail in the subject.

An unusual sculpture, I like how you have included the plaque too.

I really like the angle of view for this one Alison, theres some lovely detail the propeller when you view it at full size.

The blue sky really help the propeller stand out.

Very impressive sculpture. Looks stunning against the blue of the sky.

Nice shot Alison, I like the angle you've chosen to shot it from

Nice one Alison. Love the angle and all the detail, it stands out really well against the blue sky. It is a shame that people have to go a spoil a great picture by building horrible buildings in the back ground ;)

Ha, I see we both had the same idea !
Where was this shot Alison ?

Very similar to look Hertsmans works well and the water coming through the gate is a nice touch

I almost went out to take an image of a loch on the Thames.....

I like the direction of light over the top of the image, and the shadows this throws into the focus of your image.

Nice image Alison (I alos had planned to do something with lock gates may need to go back to the drawing board :dummy:)

Theres some nice detail in the full size image on Flickr

Lock gates was one of my choices for the theme, glad I didn't now. Very nice capture indeed, which has a lot to look at in the Flickr version.

Nice one Alison. I like the composition and as others have said that little water leak focuses attention on the shadow area. Clearly some common interpretations of the theme beginning to appear. Canals, stately homes, rustic scenes:D

Great gate/lock photo, good PoV and light, and the water coming through is a nice touch.

I too like the water seeping thru' ... perhaps you could have zoomed in on that. :thinking:

Gate
I actually quite like the second shot, the arch makes a nice frame.

Good idea for the theme; lock gates are always interesting. I like the water bursting through at the bottom of the gates, which adds an important point of interest in the shadowed area. I agree with @Nostromo that the second image is very nice and possibly my favourite of the two because of the frame formed by the arch overhead (y)

Great shot. I like the contrast between the dark water and lock and the bright white of the cottages.

Gate

Good idea for the theme; lock gates are always interesting. I like the water bursting through at the bottom of the gates, which adds an important point of interest in the shadowed area. I agree with @Nostromo that the second image is very nice and possibly my favourite of the two because of the frame formed by the arch overhead (y)

Gate

Thank you that was a close contender for my entry

Last edited:
Back