Phil Bennett's 2018's Fifty-Two - (Wk22) Creatures added

That's a big old house you've got there :), lovely details nicely framed by the trees.

such an unusual building and as other have said well framed by the trees, lovely shot.

Very nice shot Sir, good composition, plenty of detail, and nice colour.(y)

George.

Good luck in your 2018 challenge.

Round your area - I had to google the place as well as I hadn't heard of it, a nice interesting looking building, Image is nicely framed and a lovely blue sky as well. Unlike the bad weather we have at the moment.

I like the brick work and the contrast of the building against the surrounding trees. What equipment did you use to shoot?

Lovely framing Phil, looks like an interesting building to shoot!

I like the way the trees frame the building it looks like an interesting building to have near to you for photograpy.

Good luck with your 52 challange in 2018

Nice Picture - reminded me of Holloway Santitorium in Virginia Water.
Just a nik pic here, I may be wrong but it looks like its on a hill learning a tad to the right.

Nice leading line and architecture.
I'd be interested in seeing a close up of the medieval structure itself, but appreciate that you've shown the whole structure as even the more modern parts are part of it's history.
Interesting to read that this was once the poor part of the area. I bet it isn't now.

Another interesting building. Good pathway leading to the tower, good colours and a good dramatic sky. I think I might have been tempted to cropped it slightly at each side, so that it is just the tower. The edges are a little distracting for me.

Great shot. Love the detail in the buildings and street. Personally, would have cropped just a little off the left side where those two windows are.

Now that's a proper gate! and a good photograph of it, good light and details, nice lead-in

Nice details, nice contrast, super picture. As already mentioned, the people do distract, but nothing you can do, if you wait I bet there would be 3 people, then 4, that would be my luck anyway.

Pete

Great image Phil, love the light hitting the brickwork!

Nice take on the theme Phil love the strong lerading lines that draw you into the building. Some lovely details in the building and sky.

... was struggling to find the Gate when first looked on the main thread but of course it's a gatehouse so good theme interpretation. Good compo and detail.

Great photo for gate, lots of detail, well composed and very sharp. And interesting building!

Back