weekly Purplepleasers 2016 52 Flora

Not overly happy with these, they are what they are, bush in the way etc. Not sure on the B&W or colour, thinking B&W to keep the 52 balanced. Might get a chance to add something else that i have been thinking about. If i dont get gripped whilst shopping. Ha-ha.

Fuji X100T.

TP 52 WK 11-ARTIFICIAL by L D Middleton, on Flickr

TP 52 WK 11-ARTIFICIAL by L D Middleton, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like both, Lee - genuinely can't decide which I prefer. I can see what you mean about the bush, as it does stick out when I look for a while. As does the slant on the front of the shop - probably just perspective though?

Well spotted and I do like the B&W conversion.

When I saw it in the other thread I thought "I wonder what the colour version looks like", now I've seen it it looks pretty much as I had imagined from your B&W and I prefer the B&W, great mono conversion as usual, excellent subject for the theme

Thanks for the comments, I'm still unsure about which I prefer, I am in a B&W mode at the minute with just the odd image in colour. The image may be a little wonky, the road the shop is on is on a slight slope but just editing these on my tablet is difficult to get everything lined up in Flickrs Aviary editor. I had been swapping the TCL on and off so may have forgotten to change the settings in camera. Looking again today i am more happy with these. Plus as an added bonus I managed a 10000 + step walk last night taking these pictures. Win win.

Last edited:
Great idea.
I think the colour version works much better, especially in light of the theme.
It's just an additional artificial element.
Good work

I prefer the B&W version of that photo, but both versions are great photos that are perfect for the theme.

The bush doesn't look too solid, couldn't you just rip it out :D

Great idea.
I think the colour version works much better, especially in light of the theme.
It's just an additional artificial element.
Good work
I prefer the B&W version of that photo, but both versions are great photos that are perfect for the theme.

The bush doesn't look too solid, couldn't you just rip it out :D
B&W one for me although the colour version certainly fits the theme. Your shop fronts are alway interesting.

thanks for the comments, might just boot the bush over in the morning when passing on my way home.

Interesting take on the brief with artificial but it fits it well. I actually prefer the mono version, but the colour version is more garish and artificial.

The colour gives more Artificial but I like both ... so sharp & contrasty. (y)

Well found and well chosen for the theme Lee. I like both so wavering between the two - b&w makes the image sharper whilst the colour is vibrant and screams artificial. :clap:

Nice find Lee, Pretty much as Carl said, the saturated colours make it look even more artificial (y)

Well seen and executed Lee.
Colour for me every time :)

I prefer the colour too, has the bush gone yet? Great bath shot too.
Good details in you personal photo and I like the crop
Great idea for Personal loce the B&W conversion as sirch says some great detail in there.
Hi Lee it ...the first thing I noticed was angle of your toes o_O they look a bit strange on first glace ....I really like the idea for the theme, but I do agree with you it does lack the impact of your previous shots.

thanks for looking in and commenting. Its my wife's toes as she was chilling watching the telly. I might try again if I get chance, 12hr days till Sunday. BOOO

I agree with you , Lee, that its not that sharp or contrasty, but it certainly fits the theme of personal (y)

How on earth did you manage that shot ... must be a contortionist! Personal hygiene eh! Good take on the theme Lee.

Hi,

Reshot this tonight, still not happy but it will do, two to choose from. Yesterday's attempt had just our light plinth and television to light the room, tonight the main lights were on, lower ISO and better SS. I will leave the original image as it keeps the thread flowing. My Mrs is a star for putting up with me.

TP 52 WK-12 Personal by L D Middleton, on Flickr

TP 52 WK-12 Personal by L D Middleton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Lee. Much improved with the re shoot your ladies feet look much better in the re take. fits well with the theme.

Gaz

Hi, think I prefer the second one, the remote control in the first is a bit of a distraction well for me as I have never seen such a thing for the bath

Hi Lee. Much improved with the re shoot your ladies feet look much better in the re take. fits well with the theme.

Gaz
Hi, think I prefer the second one, the remote control in the first is a bit of a distraction well for me as I have never seen such a thing for the bath

thanks for the comments, still need something, extra contrast or something. Allan, the remote is for the bathroom television, my wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia so she can enjoy watching the soaps will having a long soak.

Second image for me too Lee. Much nicer composition.
Bravo for making the missus comfy. (y):clap:

I like both the personal reshoots. The first with the remote which is intriguing and in the second the bath sponge and soap.

Back