weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Two lovely portraits, the light is slightly better in #1, but both are very sharp.

Like both shots, number one just pips it for me, just a bit sharper and lighting perfect. I think you forgot to put the address of the restaurant though!;)

Nice girls, nice portraits.

#1 is a bit Julia Roberts.

Two attractive girls and the main point is that you asked to take the pictures a plus point for me

Nice girls, nice portraits.

#1 is a bit Julia Roberts.

Thanks, David. Yes, she does a bit.

Two attractive girls and the main point is that you asked to take the pictures a plus point for me

Cheers, Allan. Asking; it's only correct and out of respect for the girls too.

Cyprus, like Spain, has it's fair share of attractive women :D

#1 for me. I like both the angle and the lighting (y)

Thanks, Jill. The shots were taken only 5 minutes apart but the sun was in and out all day hence the light is slightly better in the second shot.

Like both shots, number one just pips it for me, just a bit sharper and lighting perfect. I think you forgot to put the address of the restaurant though!;)

The café is Pingouino Café Lounge Bar by the seafront just up the road from the harbour.

A couple of good portraits there. The lady in the top image seems a little more comfortable than the second lady, but I suspect that both would be happy with them. Did you give them links to where they could find the shots and download them?

Two lovely portraits of pretty ladies. I think the first one is the better as the second seems to have a slightly more forced smile.

Last edited:
i wasn't taken by your Routine shot, stan, but your numbers angle works great for me, seeing the ceiling corner in subtle white shades breaks the wall up but doesnt distract me from the numbers..

Attractive definitely does what it says on the tin, first one is an awesome smile and great eye contact, i think the second is a little too shaded for me

Great shots, well lit and nicely framed. For me, personally, I would have tried to get the full nose piercing in. As it stands, it just looks like a bit of dust catching some light. Nicely done.

Like that a lot Stan. Like the pinpoints of light on the horizon too, you timed the dusk perfectly.

Dark I like this shot Stan, love the light trails both sides and how the eye follows the road, but a shame about the dusty senor :)

Cheers, Dave. well spotted, will give the sensor a good clean when I'm back in UK this week.

Nice shot. Captures the theme well. Using the curve is a bonus.

Thanks, Chris.

Bit of a straighten anti clockwise maybe :thinking: nice light trails

Thanks, Tim. Perfectly level according to the camera built-in 'virtual horizon' :)

Like that a lot Stan. Like the pinpoints of light on the horizon too, you timed the dusk perfectly.

Cheers, John. I used a 'Sunrise Sunset' App to time my travel to the location. The lights on the horizon are wind turbines.

Never done light trails and I really like this shot, can you tell me why there are gaps. I realise it will be something silly I should know, but I got to ask.

Never done light trails and I really like this shot, can you tell me why there are gaps. I realise it will be something silly I should know, but I got to ask.

Gaps in the trails would mean there were no cars passing that stretch of road during the exposure time.

Great idea, I like the light trails in both directions. And perfect timing!

Dark, good effort. Nice reds and detail. I do like unbroken car trails, but might not have been possible.

Waiting a bit longer might have taken it up a level.

Cheers.

The old light trails ... top idea for Dark, perfectly done.

Look at the state of that hard shoulder.

Spot on theme Stan.
Feels a little on the blue side perhaps? The white lines on the road may be a bit blue, not sure (obviously I wasn't there...)
Can the XT-2 do iso 100? If so, dropping the iso would have let you get a 12 second exposure, which would hopefully have removed the gaps in the trails, and also the slight ghosting of a car that can be seen in the left hand lane.

Are you our first XT-2 user on the 52? I've not seen any others so far. What's it like?

Great idea, I like the light trails in both directions. And perfect timing!

Cheers, Bernd.

Dark, good effort. Nice reds and detail. I do like unbroken car trails, but might not have been possible.

Waiting a bit longer might have taken it up a level.

Cheers.

Thanks, Andy. Agree, I've already been there for nearly an hour and wife was waiting in the car. Thought time to go before she got a bit impatient. :)

The old light trails ... top idea for Dark, perfectly done.

Look at the state of that hard shoulder.

Thanks, David. That's Cyprus, the country nearly bankrupts only a few years ago.

Good choice of location for light trails, like the way they curve in this shot.

Cheers, Steve. I've been sussing out locations for a curve stretch and also without street lights too. Lucky to find this quiet bridge.

Spot on theme Stan.
Feels a little on the blue side perhaps? The white lines on the road may be a bit blue, not sure (obviously I wasn't there...)
Can the XT-2 do iso 100? If so, dropping the iso would have let you get a 12 second exposure, which would hopefully have removed the gaps in the trails, and also the slight ghosting of a car that can be seen in the left hand lane.

Are you our first XT-2 user on the 52? I've not seen any others so far. What's it like?

Thanks, Tim. ISO 200 is the default setting in the X-T2 there's an 'L' setting but I always prefer to just leave it at camera default. I prefer to take the Fuji (X-E1 previously) when traveling being smaller than the D800. I only got this camera at Christmas time so still trying to find my way round but so far I'm very happy with it. All the major settings are easily accessible without pressing too many buttons. Not sure about other 52's cameras.

Nice light trails there Stan and it's definitely Dark, and the gaps don't bother me at all. If Itried that where I live though I'd need at least a 30 minute exposureas the traffic is very light, even on the motorways.

Very nicely done. Im utter rubbish with PS and wouldnt know where to start with this type of shot, but that looks as good as it gets to me.

You've pulled that off very nicely Stan. :clap:

As these bonnet open, bonnet close shoppery jobs go, this is the best I've seen.

Very nicely done. Im utter rubbish with PS and wouldnt know where to start with this type of shot, but that looks as good as it gets to me.

Thanks, Mark. The shot is just merging two images together. Plenty of 'How To's' in YouTube.

Fantastic piece of compositing there Stan, that's bang on theme and excellently executed.
:clap:

Thanks, Tim. (y)

Back